Any news on Program Raffle yet?

Hi all, I know it's another thread on the subject but I haven't seen a response yet... I'm hoping, before deleting this post, someone will read the content and actually send me a PM about it. Can't leave people in the dark forever about that shambles.

All raffle numbers where on display throughout the weekend at the long tables at the auction.

Myself and my friend both won with our programmes and I got some really cool things in my goodie bag like; superman: MoS ice cube tray, iron man 3 note book, cool firefly badges and some previous convention badges and coasters!

My friend got a Sunnydale high school diploma in his as well as some funky light up shot glasses!

Like a LOT of people on here, I asked so many crew members about it and they knew nothing about the raffle, where the numbers where, or when anything will be drawn. I was directed to multiple tables and never got any news. I did hear that people were allowed to just go and pick a program that was left that matched a winning number, don't know how true that is.

I'm just hoping a list of unclaimed numbers will be announced somewhere because you are the first I have seen that has said they won something.

• Like 1

All raffle numbers where on display throughout the weekend at the long tables at the auction.

Myself and my friend both won with our programmes and I got some really cool things in my goodie bag like; superman: MoS ice cube tray, iron man 3 note book, cool firefly badges and some previous convention badges and coasters!

My friend got a Sunnydale high school diploma in his as well as some funky light up shot glasses!

That is certainly not true. I was PERSONALLY at the long tables at the auction area on saturday around 17.30 (as directed from the information desk). There were no numbers there and the crew in the general area knew nothing on the subject.

• Like 1

The numbers were there on Sat. Lots of pieces of a4 paper laid across the table at the auction area, and they were there quite late as most the auction items that were ending on sat had been claimed

There were definitely about 8 sheets of A4 with the raffle numbers next to a box of goodie bags on the auction tables before I left at 3 on Saturday and on Sunday there were a load more sheets with more numbers.

I won one of the goodie bags too, they were definitely there both Saturday and Sunday. It was made clear that numbers wouldn't roll forward if any were unclaimed. I would be surprised if at the end of the show numbers weren't drawn to clear what was left until they all went. We are not talking about prizes of any real value here from the raffle. The bigger prizes were given out at the programme giveaway on the Sunday I think, I couldn't make that so no idea how that worked on the day.

It did take a while to find where they were, to be fair, I asked around a bit on the Friday but got pointed in the right direction on Saturday.

Sorry to hear you didn't get chance to check.

Edited by ChrisW
  • Like 1

Did somebody say that it wasn't actually 'random'

Somebody actually chose the numbers.

How does anybody actually guarantee that specific numbers weren't magically listed because they were friends.....

Even that bit doesn't even strike me as fair, or well managed.

• Like 1

It wasn't there Sunday at 5:30 they closed it early. And I see people saying they won a goody bag, did anyone win anything other than a bag as there were meant to be stan lee tickets, hold passes etc. ...... and I agree most staff didn't know/care about it. At one point I was told I could check the numbers on the sheet and pick a programme that had that number on it to get a goody bag. He also said it's not that great, you just get this bag, and this was about 2 on Saturday. So he didn't seem to know about bigger prizes either.

It wasn't there Sunday at 5:30 they closed it early. And I see people saying they won a goody bag, did anyone win anything other than a bag as there were meant to be stan lee tickets, gold passes etc. ...... and I agree most staff didn't know/care about it. At one point I was told I could check the numbers on the sheet and pick a programme that had that number on it to get a goody bag. He also said it's not that great, you just get this bag, and this was about 2 on Saturday. So he didn't seem to know about bigger prizes either.

It's pathetic. Since I couldn't find the sheets, I asked someone at one of the desks because I was leaving and they said it should be on the web site. You don't need to be there to claim, just have a program and be able to prove you have it if your number came up. So why wouldn't they roll over.

Like I said originally, I know this post will be deleted but I think that since I paid and others, we are owed an explanation. I know we got a program as a keepsake, but I only bought for the amazing raffle they were claiming they are doing. I loved the event for everything, but it has left a bit of a sour taste since it hasn't been addressed yet

I can confirm that the numbers where on the table on Sunday lunchtime. However, they were just a4 sheets written on in biro and they were hap-hazardly around the table.

Worse still, the numbers selected to win included some programs not yet on sale. I saw two American girls write down the winning numbers and go through the pile of programs on sale. They only bought programs which corresponded to the pre-selected winning numbers.

• Like 1

Worse still, the numbers selected to win included some programs not yet on sale. I saw two American girls write down the winning numbers and go through the pile of programs on sale. They only bought programs which corresponded to the pre-selected winning numbers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This was so well organised.

Edited by farmer
  • Like 1

I couldn't even be bothered to look into the 'raffle', to be honest I just never had the time and forgot all about it. The programme was given to me for free on Sunday and while it was OK to flick through, I would never have paid for it.

Didn't notice owt on Saturday but tended avoid that area as where most people were. Bought mine Sunday morning, in afternoon saw the sheets looked at them went back couple times to check then on a third visit seemed to have disappeared.

Not really a raffle, not worth 5quid and get far better programmes & fanzines from non-league football teams!

In fact, didn't we get the programm free last year? Even if it was smaller?

Back in the day you used to get given a smaller 'programme' on the way in when having your ticket ripped in half. Mainly included a rough layout of the venue and a schedule as far as I remember but I hadn't seen them in years.

wait, so are the numbers going to be posted on here and/or the website? would be nice to see the numbers posted up

i must say that while the raffle itself didnt seem to be organised very well the ladies behind the desk where numbers were being drawn were all very polite and smiley faced.