What would you do differently next time.

I sort of wish i'd spread out my photo shoots a bit so the Saturday wasn't so manic, i ended up going on the sunday anyway but decided last minute. Next time i will plan to go more than one day - depending on guest announcements :)

• Like 2

I would get there a little earlier, definitely prebook some photoshoots and also get a lot more signatures.

Yeh I would get there a little earlier too. I did ok but still I think it would have made all the difference to get in just that little bit earlier.

• Like 1

First thing I will do differently is get an earlier bus. I got the bus on Friday night in Glasgow at 22:45pm and it was supposed to arrive in London at 06:45am but I didn't arrive at the Victoria Coach station until 08:00am.

I walked as fast as I could to Earls Court but I didn't get there until 08:40am rather than the planned 07:30-07:40am.

After getting my VT's (if they do them and not these Special 'Guaranteed' tickets being discussed) then first thing I will do is leave the venue and try to find somewhere nearby that has a toilet I can use throughout the day. No point trying to use the EC2 toilets as you have to queue for ages to use a cubicle. I need a cubicle so I can change my t-shirt and dry myself with a towel. I went through 4 t-shirts. I don't want to be walking about with a sweaty back lol Even worse would be having a sweaty back and going to a photoshoot and the celebrity putting their arm around you and your back is wet.

I would also like to sit down a bit more at things like retro gaming and talks rather than just walking around the whole time. And talk a bit more to the guests rather than just "Hello" and "Thankyou very much". Maybe "Hello, nice to meet you" and "Thankyou very much I I think you are great" lol

• Like 2

allow more time to get autographs from the higher profile guests. this convention I underestimated and didn't allow enough time to get autos from summer and lena

I was lucky and managed to see both Lena & Summer on the Saturday but it was a close call, especially Summer.

Actually properly speak to lena if she returns :) was way to nervous this time around

Me too - big regrets on that one! Lol.[/quote

Also, wear something more trendy to meet Lena! I felt a bit like a middle aged stuffed shirt next to her! Lol.

• Like 1

Actually properly speak to lena if she returns :) was way to nervous this time around

Me too - big regrets on that one! Lol.[/quote

Also, wear something more trendy to meet Lena! I felt a bit like a middle aged stuffed shirt next to her! Lol.

Hahaa, I wore a lannister dress that I made and I when I first met her she pulled a really funny cersei kinda face and smiled at me Heheee :)

• Like 1

• I'll probably buy a Gold ticket next time. I reckon I spent a total of perhaps 8-10 hours standing in queues over the weekend.

• Take a portable seat (like the type people take to festivals). Walking around is fine, but standing still for long periods really starts to hurt after a while.

• Buy everything in advance. The sales desks were a riot, poorly organised and deceptively lengthy.

• Buy more tickets for the Fri/Sat rather than the Sunday. If there's a schedule conflict on the Sunday, it's too late to fix it and you often miss out. Whereas SM are happy to let you use Saturday tickets on the Sunday and Friday tickets on the Saturday, because clearly you missed out. They aren't so keen on allowing the reverse.

• Take a change of t-shirt/top. It really heats up and having sweat marks on your top during photoshoots is most unflattering lol.
Edited by Xenomorph
  • Like 1

One thing I regret not doing is pre-ordering a Stan Lee auto/photo shoot; left it til the Sunday to get one and when my VQ ticket was number 1000+ I knew then there was no chance of an auto this time. This is the only time in over ten years of attending events have I failed to get an auto; lesson well and truly learnt!

• Like 1

• I'll probably buy a Gold ticket next time. I reckon I spent a total of perhaps 8-10 hours standing in queues over the weekend.

• Take a portable seat (like the type people take to festivals). Walking around is fine, but standing still for long periods really starts to hurt after a while.

• Buy everything in advance. The sales desks were a riot, poorly organised and deceptively lengthy.

• Buy more tickets for the Fri/Sat rather than the Sunday. If there's a schedule conflict on the Sunday, it's too late to fix it and you often miss out. Whereas SM are happy to let you use Saturday tickets on the Sunday and Friday tickets on the Saturday, because clearly you missed out. They aren't so keen on allowing the reverse.

• Take a change of t-shirt/top. It really heats up and having sweat marks on your top during photoshoots is most unflattering lol.

I think in future if I haven't booked it in advance, I'll just have to leave it. Can't face a 2 hour wait for one ticket paid in cash.

It would be nice to be able to book autographs too.

2 lessons I learned on Saturday, which I applied for Sunday:

• Get Early Bird instead of Standard ticket, especially if you're meeting a very popular guest. Couldn't get anywhere near Summer Glau on Saturday, but upgraded for Sunday and managed to see her around midday.
  • Don't try to join the queue at the end; go to the entrance to find its start, make sure it's the correct queue and then make your way to its end. Went directly to the end on Saturday and ended up joining 2 wrong queues before finding the right one. (On Sunday I'd learnt my lesson!)

Other things that I am glad I did do right, and would advise a newcomer:

• As other people have stated, pre-book everything, the queue at the sales desk will be horrendous and excruciatingly slow. Have cash for autographs instead of trying to buy vouchers.
  • Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.
  • Whenever you have some free time, visit the toilet whether you feel the need to or not. There will always be a big queue and you don't want to stand in it when you're desperate to go/in a hurry to get to a talk/photoshoot.
  • Like 4

Get there earlier on the Saturday (we drive down and we left a bit late, whoops!)

Be a bit more organised (list of people who's autographs we want and photo session times etc)

Take many more photos that we did this year! So many cosplayers I wanted pics of but I felt like I'd be a pest if I asked them

Find the confidence to cosplay (have ideas but no idea where to start, need a cosplay group ideally i reckon)

Speak to people! This is the biggy! I'm rubbish with guests unless they are chatty themselves. Maybe make notes of things to talk about.

Case in point . . .

Me too - big regrets on that one! Lol.

She scared me. I practically ran away when she'd signed the pic. She must have thought I was so weird!

Get there earlier on the Saturday (we drive down and we left a bit late, whoops!)

Be a bit more organised (list of people who's autographs we want and photo session times etc)

Take many more photos that we did this year! So many cosplayers I wanted pics of but I felt like I'd be a pest if I asked them

Find the confidence to cosplay (have ideas but no idea where to start, need a cosplay group ideally i reckon)

I wouldn't think you were a pest...me and my cousin were having a competition to see who got asked for a photo the most....he won. I must win next time. ;)

Cosplay is fun...you don't even need a group. Just find a genre you like and start with a basic silhouette*...building up your outfit each time.

*I use rule of thumb. If you were in a hurry and you saw yourself from a distance if you'd be fooled then that'll do.

Speak to people! This is the biggy! I'm rubbish with guests unless they are chatty themselves. Maybe make notes of things to talk about.

Case in point . . .

Me too - big regrets on that one! Lol.

She scared me. I practically ran away when she'd signed the pic. She must have thought I was so weird!

Haha she didn't scare me she was lovely I was just way too nervous I have the biggest crush on her ever so I was bit star struck hahaa