Post lfcc blues

I feel a bit blue, coming out of a huge arena filled with awesome people who all understand each other, back to reality where only very few people get it and most people just scoff...

Roll on the next con I suppose...our

little bubble of like-minded people

Edited by TonyC
  • Like 3

I feel a bit blue, coming out of a huge arena filled with awesome people who all understand each other, back to reality where only very few people get it and most people just scoff...

Roll on the next con I suppose...our

little bubble of like-minded people

TonyC I think your avatar sums up the weekend for me. The Carrie photoshoot with Gary was an absolute hoot! Everytime I think of it, it makes me smile. Those few moments made the weekend. Edited by Anorak
  • Like 1

I have to say I regret to not getting an auto from one of the major Star Wars guests this year (Carrie or Ian) as by most accounts they were both really nice!

I think the next event I'll be attending will be C22 - not because I had a bad experience at LFCC this year, I hasten to add - and will be looking forward to the announcements! Already happy with Chris Barrie being announced so bring the rest of them on! :D

I've definitely got the post con blues, but looking at all the awesome photos from everyone help a lot.

Does anyone have any regrets about not meeting someone/not having that extra autograph etc. and ways to deal with them? I'm trying to always remember the fact I had the best weekend of my life meeting loads of lovely people, then I'm all "what if I did this...?" !

I regret not having a picture with Sarah Parish. Instead I took one of her while I was standing in line, as I was feeling shy at the time. I also regret not getting autographs from Michael Madsen and Carrie Fisher, although seeing her touching up her make-up outside while I was waiting to get in was a highlight.

I had the blues but instead of that 'oh man I can't believe it's over, real life sucks!' feeling which I had at the begining I now have the 'Oh my god I actually get to do this again and who knows who I will meet next time!' feeling.

I'm already preparing for october. It's helping!

Not sure if I can do October. Depends on the guests, my boss, my studies and how much money I can save. Might have to wait a whole year :no:

Does anyone have any regrets about not meeting someone/not having that extra autograph etc. and ways to deal with them? I'm trying to always remember the fact I had the best weekend of my life meeting loads of lovely people, then I'm all "what if I did this...?" !

Not getting a photoshoot with Milo Ventimiglia. I loved meeting him and had a bit of a hug whilst getting an auto but it is just not the same with a table in the way and i really, really want to hug that man and get a picture of it.

Yeh, the old post con blues have set in with me now :(

I think it's just all those months of excitement, anticipation and planning and then it's over so quick

Was a great weekend and I look forward to the next

Yeah I know same here, and your last bit of your signature quite literally sums it up for me " don't cry because it's over! smile because it happened." Even though I didn't speak to lena as much as I wanted damn nerves I'm so grateful and so happy I met my queen ❤️

• Moderators

I think it's just all those months of excitement, anticipation and planning and then it's over so quick

Yeah I know same here, and your last bit of your signature quite literally sums it up for me " don't cry because it's over! smile because it happened." Even though I didn't speak to lena as much as I wanted damn nerves I'm so grateful and so happy I met my queen ❤️

And at least next time when Lena comes around again hopefully now you've met her once the nerves will be slightly less and I'm sure you'll be able to talk to her a bit more

• Like 1

And at least next time when Lena comes around again hopefully now you've met her once the nerves will be slightly less and I'm sure you'll be able to talk to her a bit more

Oh god I'll still be a nervous wreck haha but yes the first time nerves have passed and hopefully I'll actually talk next time :)

• Moderators

Oh god I'll still be a nervous wreck haha but yes the first time nerves have passed and hopefully I'll actually talk next time :)

It does get easier, honestly lol

• Like 1

I've worked around celebs for over 15 years now, but Summer Glau hit me hard at the weekend! I was fine with everyone else, including Stan.

What did you do to her? :o

I meant I was star struck, she didn't actually hit me! But you knew that already! ;)

I had the blues but instead of that 'oh man I can't believe it's over, real life sucks!' feeling which I had at the begining I now have the 'Oh my god I actually get to do this again and who knows who I will meet next time!' feeling.

Not sure if I can do October. Depends on the guests, my boss, my studies and how much money I can save. Might have to wait a whole year :no:

That sucks. I'm not planning on spending as much on stalls and I'm getting a cheaper hotel closer to the con. That saves on taxis too. I like the winter one as it's more relaxed Edited by stevie_g

That sucks. I'm not planning on spending as much on stalls and I'm getting a cheaper hotel closer to the con. That saves on taxis too. I like the winter one as it's more relaxed

I would really like to go to see what it is like in comparison...but there again I am also looking at DST3 so we will have to see.

• Like 1

It's all a bit spaced out for me at least as NFCC is spring next year so I get a run up to it. That said anything else is out of the question (unless Lauren Cohan pops up somewhere, at which point life gets tricky haha)

• Like 1

I often get a big emotional crash after events like these. This time, it's just been physical exhaustion. Mentally, I'm still very happy. It's amazing how quickly one forgets the unfortunate bits (like the crush on Saturday) and just remembers the good stuff. There was so much of that this time. :D

Me too - I've watched Imagine Me and You with Lena Headey in it twice today! Becoming obsessed, me thinks!

I've watched 12 lena films so far this week including imagine me and you which I have watched 3 times in the space of a day and a half hahaaa

• Like 1

Me too - I've watched Imagine Me and You with Lena Headey in it twice today! Becoming obsessed, me thinks!

I've watched 12 lena films so far this week including imagine me and you which I have watched 3 times in the space of a day and a half hahaaa
My friend recommended listening to the game of thrones commentaries with Lena if you have the blu rays or DVDs. Edited by T800kaz
  • Like 2