Con cold - who got one? Thank you inconsiderate people

I did my best to keep sweat free, hands clean and drink plenty of water.

I had a shower early Monday to clean of sweat and grime from the crowds.

Today I've got a runny nose and a sore throat.

I had people breaving over my neck, caughing without covering there mouths close by and hoards of people to walk past which involved a lot of people brushing my arms.

YUCK!

Now I've got this and 30*C temperatures to deal with this week, thanks! :spew:

Anyone got advice on how to avoid the con cold? :borg:

Sorry to hear that you're ill but if you do not want to encounter germs, then it's probably best to avoid an event which sees 10,000+ people crammed into one hall. It's a risk you take and the only advice I can give if you want to avoid colds and flu is don't attend cons like this. I agree people coughing without covering is ignorant, but blaming other attendees for breathing down your neck and brushing shoulders with you is ridiculous - the con was packed solid both days and the latter two were completely unavoidable. You're blaming us when the only person really to blame is yourself. Like I say the only sure way to avoid the germs is to not attend.

P.S - Have you ever been on London transport during rush hour?

P.S.S - Drinking plenty of water is in no way related to the spreading of germs. Were you meant to be doing us a favour there?

yes i have got a sore throat and sinuses and my eyes have been streaming all day today i feel like crap !!! i always seem to get one but there was a lot of people and some one standing in the queue next to me was sneezing all over us !!!!!!! :spew:<_< xaflame :(

con cold shmon cold. i don't really care. so what if you get a minor summer cold its nice weather and will soon clear up in the warm fresh air. iv got all sorts of things form cons including colds, headaches/migraines, bruises and diarrhoea. it never puts me off attending the cons. i just make sure i have tissues, painkillers and diarrhoea tablets on me.

Wow thanks for all the replies, didn't expect to see so many.

Day 2 and the worst has already gone, just in time for the Saturday storms and Friday heat :)

Hope others have had the same experience, wishing everyone well here :)

I wonder how eveyone would feel if wet whipes were given out when joining the queue to meet a guest, would more guests be happy to shake hands. I know I like to handle items to be signed/ after signing with clean hands so when storing I know, know dirt will be slid inside of the storage later on.

Unfortunately con crud is unavoidable at events of this size. The best way to get around it is to boost your immune system during the week before and a few days after with chewable vitamins and such (we used seven seas black current and they seemed to do the trick!) I also use vit c and zinc, which are really good at putting barriers up. Also use antibacterial gel and wet wipes, not drinking from the same bottle (people do share alcohol and water at smaller cons, I don't know if any bottle was going around at LFCC or not) and washing hands before eating anything. We escaped with a minor sore throat that went by Monday morning, probably because we hit the chewable vitamins as soon as we got back. My immune system is shot to pieces, the last virus I had went straight to my heart and I was in hospital for 10 hours back in march, so I'm really surprised I didn't catch anything else. It happens at cons, I hope you feel better soon! :)

I wonder how eveyone would feel if wet whipes were given out when joining the queue to meet a guest, would more guests be happy to shake hands. I know I like to handle items to be signed/ after signing with clean hands so when storing I know, know dirt will be slid inside of the storage later on.

I was surprised there wasn't hand gel on every table. I think if I was signing I'd have some with me.

• Like 1

You bet I got one!! Mentioned earlier in this thread... Started Sunday, kicked in Monday and now, Friday, still with me although a bit more manageable. And this was my weeks holiday so perfect, not! As also said here, goes with the territory with an event that size. Rather have the cold than to have missed a minute of the weekends events though. Soon clear up but I have my weekend memories :-)

• Like 1