Stan Lee - Authenticity Stickers

I saw on the forum some photos of people's Stan Lee autographs with small round (holographic?) stickers stating the autograph was authentic. When were these handed out or did you have to take your items somewhere to get the stickers? I was not offered one at Stan Lee's table.

They were for sale for £5. I only know this because I was handed a flyer when leaving the Friday signing (outside the building), which was filled with exclusive Stan merchandise. He said "it will be at Stan's merchandise table over the weekend."

I was tempted by the sticker, but what's to stop anyone buying stickers then sticking them on fake autos??? Or do they only sell them to autographs they approve as genuine?

Yeah I think you can only buy one if you've had something signed and they stick it on for you to prove its genuine. I would be very surprised if u can pick these stickers anywhere else, they say "Authentic Stan Lee Excelsior approved" I guess it's as good as a COA. I thought it was a nice addition anyway.

There was definitely no mention of them when I went through on the Friday early signing, aside from the flyer that was being randomly handed out to people outside AFTER they had met them. I'd have got one, but as I said, I didn't know how good they would be at proving authenticity if you can go up and buy them outwith the signing.

On the Sunday after my item was signed I was asked if I wanted one paid £5 and they stuck it on for me, and thats how its done you cant get just these otherwise.

Its got a nice hologram, wish it was stan lees face or different marvel heroes printed on the holographic sticker but its nice.

i wasnt happy at first as he was origonaly going to stick it over stan lees face on the comic, they need to take a little more care as to where these are stuck on but i stopped him just in time.

id rather pay £5 for a sticker than £60 for CGC con service.

Got an autograph early Friday, which firstly like to thank SM and Stan for this :coolthumb: as I did not plan to get my original Marvel 1976 book signed but now I was able too. :D but then did not go near autograph area for the fri night or Saturday and new not of these stickers until now, :((dohh) if I did I would have made sure I got one / bought one, as there are lots of fake printed autos out there and the fact you could not take photos of Stan Signing, then harder to prove its his so a sticker would have been marvel...lous.....- in an information age, information at this event was......

After my disastrous attempt to get a Stan Lee auto failed, in order to get at least something with his sig on, I bought a print from Stan Lees people outside his signing area. Was £70, and they were putting the stickers on them, in my case where I directed as well. Strange that even though I didn't see him sign it, I have the provenance so the next best thing. Would sooner have got my own item signed though!

It's a shame it wasn't in place for the early Friday signing, but I'd rather have my unstickered autograph from Friday than potentially miss out on his autograph on Saturday or Sunday.

I attended the last event Stan did in England a year or two ago and they had an authentication service there too. I'm not sure of the details as I was happy enough with my signed photo, but it was maybe just the same holo-sticker.

I don't think those stickers really "work" with comics. They're fine for glossy photos and posters, but that sticker wouldn't satisfy one of the big comic grading companies if you sent the comic to them.

They'd insist that one of their reps was at the event, and in fact I understand that there was such a rep at LFCC 2014, but in order to take advantage of their certification you had to hand over your signed comic to them on the day for grading, "slabbing" and return postage later.

Personally I don't care what anyone else thinks about the authenticity of the sigs I got - I saw it happen, so I know they're genuine. Same way I don't need to check my driving licence to check that I'm me :P

• Like 1

Haha yes there's no substitute for ones own eyes!

My stickered print of an image I didn't really want though is the consolation prize for a day of waiting from 5.30am, getting soaked in the down pour at 7am and a wasted day at the con until 2.30pm when the news about Stan not signing anymore was conveyed to us.

Edited by Diabolik

if stan lee can have autenticity stickers cant showmaster sell authenticity stickers? iv been wanting ones for a couple of years and suggested them before. i think its such a good idea. i go to chevron and some people i have met more than once so i don't want personalized auto both times. so if showmaster could do authenticity stickers for sale at the events for autographs you have just recieved it would be much help for i the future to possibly sell on my spare un-personalised autographs i have multiples of.

So how can we get hold of these now ?

I would have .... but they were not available Friday morning at the early preview signing

SM ?

Yes, naturally SM will now sell off all the leftover authenticity stickers, so we can apply them to any items of our choosing. I bought three just this afternoon - I stuck one to the US Constitution, one to the Magna Carta and the final one to the Rosetta stone :)

• Like 1

I went to the early Friday signing and picked up a couple of autos but missed this. I do not think it was set up on the friday morning. Thankfully i saw someone with one on sat and asked where these came from and how it worked so brought my autographs back on Sunday. It seemed to be a desk run by Stan's people. They needed to see the autos and fixed the stickers straight on. I really don't see SM having been given any of these, as I say this side of things looked to be very much run by Stan's people.

I was torn as I have no intention of selling mine but opted to do it in the end in case I regretted not doing so at a later date. They look quite nice on the images as it goes.

Edited by ChrisW

i decided to get the stickeri figured payed for signing extra fiver wont hurt wasw more frustrated about not being able to take a pic of the man himself while signing on saturday ppl were trying to film it with fones iin pockets lol i managed to see him leave theautograph booth videoed it and then waited outside the office where he was resting and video him walking from 1 end to the other for his photoshoot also on sunday mangaer i think let me persoanlly give him a pic i drew for him to say thanks for coming to uk 1 last time he was chuffed and shook my hands great man he is

• Like 2