Michael Madsen: too cool for school

Looking at Michael sitting there on the Sunday I was a little apprehensive about going up to him. He looked a little annoyed and I have found the American guests can often be, shall we say 'quirky'.

Nonetheless I he was my main guest I came to the show for. Took a Kill Bill pic to him, asked me who I wanted my pic signed to and was happy to use the pen I gave him. He said it was a "good name" the same as his 8 year old son's. I said its one of the oldest and he was like "its from the Bible you know". I told him I had heard that.

I asked him if he would be happy to write a film quote for me. (I find when I ask this question they always think you're asking to think one up on the spot), and he was like, "Oh man, I dunno, a quote" and gazed wistfully. I knew full well what I wanted so I said: "Wakey wakey eggs and bakey" to which he said "Wakey wakey eggs and bakey??" like are you sure?

I said, yeah! Its my favourite line in the film! So he added it, stopped and burst out laughing. "There you go man" and I thanked him profusely and he shook my hand. He then asked if the girl with me was my wife. I told him it was my fiance. He congratulated us and asked if we'd set a date. We hadn't and he was like when are you going to have kids then?!? I told her she's not interested and he asked her pointing at me "Well whatcha gonna do if he wants some?!?" I told him I was from a big family and wasn't overly fussed about having kids either and he congratulated us again, and again shook my hand.

I thanked him for coming and he seemed genuinely grateful. I said I'd see him later at the shoot and he said "I'll see you then".

Come shoot time, he grabbed out for my hand again and said "hey I remember you!" I asked if we could do the rods (the two finger f-you hand gesture he sometimes does) and he was happy to oblige. I called him a legend after the shoot and he again said "thanks man" in a very sincere fashion, again shaking my hand.

Before my turn a the shoot he was paying a cosplayer in a Slave Leia outfit a bit of attention, not in a sleazy way, but playing up to the fact she had a bit of skin on show. Then there was the bloke with no top on and a full back of tattoos - Michael reached out for him, grabbing him by the shoulder and then arms, turning him round to admire the work and complimenting the guy. He was very tactile and I felt, very genuine and 'real'. Later in the day I observed him at the signing table chatting away with his rep or whoever and then he was caught off guard by a not so great Princess Leia and Anakin cosplay tag team approach him. He accidentally made a WTF face which was hilarious.

He was such a cool, friendly and down to earth guest. Very obliging, and very engaged with his fans. He looked a little grumpy but I guess that's just his uber chilled out look, he seemed happy to be there and grateful for the attention.

My favourite guest of the show and I'm very surprised he's not being mentioned more on the forums. To think he was open queue at some points is insane in my eyes given some of his acting credits.

• Like 3

Another word id use was classy. When I went for my auto he was already a legend when I told him this and that i had seen nearly all his films and if a film has his name in the cast I would watch it he surprised me by telling me he'd been watching me all weekend and was amazed how I managed to get around being disabled and how I walked to every auto table and photo shoot. He asked me how I got around so I pointed to my wheelchair mum and dad were standing next to it he asked if they were my mum and dad I said yes he then waved he asked what my condition was and asked if there was anything they could do I said no he thought I was 23 I told him I'm 33 he didn't believe me and then told me I was the legend

• Like 7

He made me laugh when I took my Dishonored: Knife Of Dunwall poster up to him and his manager (I think it was his manager, the guy in the black suit behind him who was bringing him cans of coke and bags of crisps) took a photo of it before Michael signed it and Michael said "Is that the guy I voiced? Ya know, I never played the video game or watched the movie parts, but...wow, this is amazing..."

And bless him, he did look tired on the friday evening preview show. I thought he was ill because he was asking what my name was and he thought it was something else, but managed to say hello and shook his hand.

Mind you, the guy behind him which again I think was his manager, said "I'm gonna hound you for that poster, it's one of a kind now that Michael has signed it. It's gonna be worth a lot of money in the next ten/twenty years or so!" which I was thrilled because no one had the thought of taking a poster of Dishonored video game to Michael for him to sign it. I was originally going to get him to sign a Reservoir Dogs poster but decided against it.

Lovely chap. Hope he gets signed on again for another LFCC or WLFCC.

• Like 1

He was definitely way too cool for school. Had that same weathered charisma he does on film. I'll echo the point about him being sincere. He acknowledged compliments with a genuine thank you, eye contact, offered a handshake. I hadn't been sure what to expect, but he was great.

Michael Madsen was definitely my favourite guest by far :dance:

I've said this sooo many times now but he was the reason I decided to go to London this year and finally getting to meet him didn't disappoint, I still cant stop smiling or laughing thinking about it and it's starting to freak my family out a little! not to mention i've been singing stuck in the middle with you constantly since last Wednesday... was singing it on the nightbus, in the con, wandering around the streets near Earls Court at 1:30am drunk, in the con again, the bus, at the MacMillan volunteering service....

I would love to meet him again and it would be perfect if he came somewhere closer to Glasgow, if not I still wouldn't hesitate to sell my belongings and travel down again.

The dude sitting next to him I know is called Bruno Rosato but not sure if he's his manager or just his friend. When I had finished talking to Michael he waved me over and asked for my email address to send me a few pictures. When I meet guests I like to try and make little clay creations of their characters so I made a little Mr Blonde which Bruno took a picture of with Michael in the background. I emailed him back later just saying thank you for the pictures hope you had a great day and I had a wonderful weekend and this is the email I got sent back.

"Hey Gorgeous, We both found you so pretty, Bruno"

I was hyperventilating in the hotel room wahahah!

Here's the pic:

photo_2.jpg
  • Like 1

Top guest, met him Saturday morning seemed a little rude when he turned round to speak to his bud but I think he was more confused than rude as I took a 10 year old game print to him to be signed. I think voice overs must be a bried event compared to making a film that it just passes them by, was very nice and I got a photo with him. I mentioned that he should talk to Black Tusk at Microsoft about Gears of war video game as in a recent IGN interview he seems to enjoy doing voice acting.

haha would be funny if he does appear in that game when ever that is released!

Top guest, met him Saturday morning seemed a little rude when he turned round to speak to his bud but I think he was more confused than rude as I took a 10 year old game print to him to be signed. I think voice overs must be a bried event compared to making a film that it just passes them by, was very nice and I got a photo with him. I mentioned that he should talk to Black Tusk at Microsoft about Gears of war video game as in a recent IGN interview he seems to enjoy doing voice acting.

haha would be funny if he does appear in that game when ever that is released!

When I went with my friend to meet him about 9:30 Sunday morning she thought he was a little rude to begin with she went up to him and he said, "What's your name?" a bit gruffer than usual, my friend went "Steph" and he then held up his finger as if to say wait a moment, said something to Bruno that none of us could understand and then Bruno handed him a kitkat that he sat and munched on quite happily! I thought it was pretty funny but we deducted afterwards that he's possibly not a morning person or was feeling a little rough...

• Like 1

Michael was pretty heavily jet lagged when I sat with him on Saturday he said he was operating on only one hour worth of sleep as he hadn't been able to sleep since he'd flown in.

He was genuinely fascinated by some of the items fans had bought for signing and he and his manager took pictures of some of the rather more interesting things throughout the day and were constantly showing them to people. He was saying how at each event he did he saw things he'd never even realised had existed.

He was particularly taken by the clay figure and the furry haggis, of which I found it rather difficult to explain the premise behind lol.

He was a top guy and for someone running on such little sleep didn't let it show, he was genuinely thankful for every fan he met.

• Like 4

I met him on Saturday, he was lovely, talked to me about my girls who were wandering around the desk. However, I have a problem with my hearing and had to lean over the desk to hear anything. He seemed genuine but I was the one who felt rude. He was great and made a comment about wait until the girls are 18, they will soon have you on the ground! He was by far one of my favourite guests from the day!

Throughout Sunday, he looked like someone who was completely incapable of sitting still in a chair to wait for autograph requesters. A man of action!

During photoshoots and conversations with fans, he was fine and looked happy. During lull periods at his table, he looked like he was listening to someone describe a car accident in detail. He was a funny contrast to nearby Terry Farrell :)

• Like 2

Michael was pretty heavily jet lagged when I sat with him on Saturday he said he was operating on only one hour worth of sleep as he hadn't been able to sleep since he'd flown in.

He was genuinely fascinated by some of the items fans had bought for signing and he and his manager took pictures of some of the rather more interesting things throughout the day and were constantly showing them to people. He was saying how at each event he did he saw things he'd never even realised had existed.

He was particularly taken by the clay figure and the furry haggis, of which I found it rather difficult to explain the premise behind lol.

He was a top guy and for someone running on such little sleep didn't let it show, he was genuinely thankful for every fan he met.

Myyy clay figure and the haggis I brought him????? waaaaaarrghhhhgjkdrbngkjserbfk;wejgbwepigu :dance::dance::dance:

I love him.

Met him late on Sunday before dashing off Stan Lee shoot, though was starting wonder if he'd left early. Went photo table and saw the pic I had wanted was gone, long shot of him from Reservoir Dogs leaning against the post, quick nip off stall buy it then up meet him. Did look knackered/grumpy but found him be pleasant enough. Asked if up to much, commented on his cool tattoos though he feels they're an error from his younger days. Did ask could he put a quote but way he signed it felt there wasn't enough space so after brief think of shortest one he decided 'bang' bang', actually think it's 'bam' 'bam' but hey ho keeps my record of not getting quotes exactly right! :rolleyes:

Be more than happy see him again should he ever return! :thumbup:

Michael was amazing! I was the third person there to meet him on the Friday, dressed in my black suit. He asked if it was my reservoir dogs outfit, to which I replied I never dress up for events, but it was for him and he laughed. He then went on to tell me about how the pole he leans on in dogs was put in for that scene, and how Tarantino had a go at him for wearing cowboy boots. I showed him mine and he liked them! Signed my picture to me and remembered me at the Shoot :)

THEN at the talk, my speaking skills failed as I went to ask a question, so he called me up on stage and shook my hand! I was so nervous :s such a gent! Get him back!!!

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

I didn't meet him but I liked his talk and what he said about Species and Free Willy.

I didnt ask a question but I'd like him to have spoken about his opinion on Thelma & Louise and its place in pop-culture as a "pro-feminist" film and his hatred for Species II. Did anyone catch wind of those topics/films? Oh and what he thought of Michael Jackson and working with him. Oh and The Vega Brothers that Tarantino wanted to make with him and John Travolta.

Edited by nicky

I found he did looks a bit annoyed. Maybe it was only my impression or just in the moment when I watched to him. So I was little bit afraid. I have wanted his autograph but each time is line was long. And exactly when I waited in another line already for MINUTES there was none one. Later I was exhausted.

I was then a little bit shocked when I went to toilet and i noticed then Michael Madsen was right next to me. I saw me then myself in that moment in a scene in the style of Reservoir Dogs or Kill Bill - killed by Michael Madsen on the toilet. :blush:

sorry for that comment - but that's what happend. And I laughed about myself after I left the toilet.