to the organisers--I can't thank Comic-Con enough

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who was involved with organising Comic-Con this year. It was my first time here and I took my dad as a birthday present.I am daughter of the year now! We had an absolute ball, we got to meet people we had idolized for years, went to the talks, and I bumped into Jeremy bulloch who had a wee chat with me! The only thing I could possibly complain about is the queuing but if I'm honest I enjoyed it almost as much as everything else, as I got to nosey at All the cosplay characters!

We are now planning to go to collectormania in Glasgow this August and will hopefully be back next year-so thank.you for giving me and my dad the Comic-Con bug!!

Edited by geekymegs
  • Like 8

This was my 1st ever comic con, I went by myself and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yes I had to queue Friday, Saturday & Sunday but chatting to people in the queue certainly passes the time and, as the OP stated, it was great watching all the cosplay characters walking pass. My one gripe was how hot it was on Saturday. But I learnt and, on Sunday, I just brought anti-persperant & wet-wipes with me. I just locked myself in a toilet cubicle,cleaned myself up and off I went again :smile:

So...I got to have photos with Summer Glau, Lena Headley, Edward James Olmos and Jamie Bamber & Terry Farrell. I must thank the guy who I was chatting to in the queue for the Edward James Olmos/Jamie Bamber double-shoot. He unexpectedly handed me a free photo ticket for Terry Farrell. Whoever you are, thank you. I'd have loved to have met Stan Lee too but I was aware that I wouldn't get the chance, tickets were sold out online when i booked and it was my own fault for not checking again when further tickets were made available. However, my big disappointment was Sherilyn Fenn cancelling. I was a big Twin Peaks fan back when it originally aired. I'd have loved to have met her.

I'll definitely be going to the winter event and, hopefully, I can encourage some of my friends/work colleagues to come along too.

One last thing...I can't find the actual posts but thank you to all the various forum users who posted advice & tips for us new people. I went through the forum posts just before the con started and they helped a lot to make it so enjoyable.

I really enjoyed the weekend and for me I don't think there was one bad part of it at all.

The cosplayers and other attendees were really friendly, the guests were amazing and the staff were all very polite, friendly and helpful.

Well done Showmasters :)

My first time at film and comic convention, and due to time constraints (trip to London already planned before I discovered LFCC) could only manage the Friday preview. Youngest daughter got Stan Lee photoshoot as a birthday gift and eldest had,photoshoot with T j Thyne. Saw Mark from A1 in Stan Lee queue chatting to fans. Only there for two and a half hours but had time to wander about the stalls in between queuing. Definitely planning a return visit and for longer next time! Huge thank you to Showmasters and to Wookie for making that hour in the Stan Lee queue fly by. See you next time. :-)