Ticket Refund for Cancellations and Photo Clashes

Haven't read this post in full but understand that it looks like people will not get refunded due to Showmasters policy on refunds.

I would like to point out to people that in policy law there is such a thing as "unfair contract terms" which I feel this would fall into. Essentially this means that although a business may have stipulations and clauses they can still be challenged if they are deemed unfair. In this case for example, if a photo did not take place then how can the organizer keep the full money for it? If the organiser did not suffer any financial loss then why should they be allowed to keep it.

Furthermore if people were unable to attend photoshoots due to issues created by Showmasters than "the service/product was not fit for purpose" and again should be refunded. And in case you're wondering, yes I work in legal and regulatory matters. Hope this helps. :king:

We are not unfair and we are there to provide people with the chance to get as many photo ops , signings , talks and autographs that they want. We do help everyone we can on the day and as there was so many guests over the weekend there were going to be lots of clashes. As you will see very few did not get what they wanted and paid for, so this did work quite well for most people.

I do not think anyone need to start quoting the law as we are on your side and run our shows so they are fair. We give refunds if we have to move the photo op's on the day and people miss out, as that's down to us, and if a guest is cancelled we always refund everyone.

We will also consider refunds if there was just to many paid for photo ops or talks you are committed to on the day, but things like clashes with free talks etc thats not down to us and a refund will not be given for that, or we will have to be refunding everyone for whatever issues everyone has, and refunding costs us money and in the end we would have to charge more to cover the costs of everyone asking for refunds for anything ?

We have also refunded anyone that has a photo op that did not have a entry ticket if they could not get in. We would advice that in future everyone buying a talk ticket or photo op buys a entry ticket as well.

So we are fair and treat people with real issues fairly like we would like to be treated ourselves.

hope that helps

jason

I and many others I'm sure, will be relieved to hear this. I only advised people of their rights as there were a lot of worried people and no communication from Showmasters until your response to mine (so I'm glad that I did post that as it got the response from you that people were waiting for). I will look forward to receiving my refunds for 2 photoshoots that took place but I could not get in as was stuck in the now legendary Saturday queue. I sent an email on Mon 14th July outlining this situation yet have had no reply. Any time-frame as to when I will receive a response?

I and many others I'm sure, will be relieved to hear this. I only advised people of their rights as there were a lot of worried people and no communication from Showmasters until your response to mine (so I'm glad that I did post that as it got the response from you that people were waiting for). I will look forward to receiving my refunds for 2 photoshoots that took place but I could not get in as was stuck in the now legendary Saturday queue. I sent an email on Mon 14th July outlining this situation yet have had no reply. Any time-frame as to when I will receive a response?

as soon as possible. there's been a ton of emails about people who had cancellations like Natalie Dormer and were asking about refunds. your email is stuck inbetween there somewhere.

Recieved E-mail saying the money had been refunded yesterday, but the money is not back in my account for Natalie/Finn photoshoot/

refunds will usually take a couple of days to show up in your account. 3 to 5 days is not unheard of. once the refund has been processed it's in the hands of your bank.

i got most of mine, just awaiting diana Muldour , i emailed but had no reply as yet, anybody else had refunds for dr pulaski

No, that's the last one I'm waiting for too.

But I expect that will take a bit longer to refund as that was purchased on the old system.

We have also refunded anyone that has a photo op that did not have a entry ticket if they could not get in. We would advice that in future everyone buying a talk ticket or photo op buys a entry ticket as well.

This is definitely appreciated by those of us who were stuck outside! Is there anything we should do? I assume the ticket number would be needed but am loathe to email again (I did firstly on the 14th asking) since there's so many emails to go through!

(And yes, I will be buying entry at the same time in future!)

Edited by Oneiroi17
  • Like 1

This is definitely appreciated by those of us who were stuck outside! Is there anything we should do? I assume the ticket number would be needed but am loathe to email again (I did firstly on the 14th asking) since there's so many emails to go through!

seeing you already have emailed all you can do at the moment is be patient a little longer please.

seeing you already have emailed all you can do at the moment is be patient a little longer please.

Oh I understand that, it was more me wondering if emailing them the details they need, rather than just an email asking what they need (as I did), might help them with the process. Like I said though, I don't want to contribute further to an overflowing mailbox...!

all refunds with the exception of Peter Mayhew and Sherilyn have been processed. these two refunds are still being worked on and will hopefully be completed tonight. please give it a couple of days for the money to show up on your card to be on the safe side.

Oh I understand that, it was more me wondering if emailing them the details they need, rather than just an email asking what they need (as I did), might help them with the process. Like I said though, I don't want to contribute further to an overflowing mailbox...!

Personally speaking (and I have no connection with Showmasters except as a paying customer like you) I would be working through the e-mails in the order that they have come in. If an e-mail does not contain sufficient information for me to process I would then send an e-mail back to the person in question asking for the relevant information needed and then deal with the subsequent reply.

all refunds with the exception of Peter Mayhew and Sherilyn have been processed. these two refunds are still being worked on and will hopefully be completed tonight. please give it a couple of days for the money to show up on your card to be on the safe side.

Does this include Diana Muldaur. This was bought on the old system so refund would be manual processing.

Does this include Diana Muldaur. This was bought on the old system so refund would be manual processing.

I was told Peter and Sherilyn are the only exceptions. so yes, it would included Diana. as it's manual processing I'd definitely give it some day though before the refunds show up.

I think I'm all done, which means:

Either Diana Muldaur or Sean Maher (probably Sean) refunded on 3 Jul (£20)

Natalie Dormer and Natalie & Finn photoshoots refunded on 21 Jul (£60)

Pedro Pascal refunded on 24 Jul (£20)

Either Diana Muldaur or Sean Maher (probably Diana) and Ken Marshall refunded on 24 Jul (£35)

Either way - all done. Cheers! :D