Ticket Refund for Cancellations and Photo Clashes

I hope my Natalie refund comes in really soon, I have a tattoo deposit to pay for! I suppose for myself, there was a silver lining to her cancelling :)

I don't need to do anything do I? Just sit and wait till it comes in? I noticed emailing was involved but I ordered in April which is when I assume the system changed which creates automatic refunds? Cheers!

I hope my Natalie refund comes in really soon, I have a tattoo deposit to pay for! I suppose for myself, there was a silver lining to her cancelling :)

I don't need to do anything do I? Just sit and wait till it comes in? I noticed emailing was involved but I ordered in April which is when I assume the system changed which creates automatic refunds? Cheers!

Just sit back an wait - Legally speaking they have 30 days to refund from the point of cancellation, that being said all the emails they must be getting of late may lengthen their process slightly. Nothing to be done about it, just plan for the next con :whistling:

I understand why SM don't give shoot times in until just before the event as so many things change leading up to it and behind the scenes times must get moved around a lot.

But I think if there could be rough time bands like:

1 = 9am - 11am

2 = 11am - 1pm

3 = 1pm - 3pm

etc..

That way SM still have bit of flexibility to move a shoot around, especially if it's only a 10m one, but if people buy multiple shoots in the same time band it's their fault if there's a clash for trying to do to much at the same time.

As things stand it's very much encouraged to do as many shoots as possible as crew will help you get through them, so if that doesn't happen and you miss a shoot, refunds should be given.

I wouldn't say that a clash would be my fault when a photo shooting clash which I had friday evening with Casper Van Dien and Billy Dee Williams. I had to pre-order my tickets which has to send to Switzerland and the time-tabelle for the shootings was uploaded after closing the shop. Both shootings started and ended at the same time but thanks heaven... i made both :dance:

But I was bit shocked... one photo shooting started earlier. I almost missed it.

I understand why SM don't give shoot times in until just before the event as so many things change leading up to it and behind the scenes times must get moved around a lot.

But I think if there could be rough time bands like:

1 = 9am - 11am

2 = 11am - 1pm

3 = 1pm - 3pm

etc..

That way SM still have bit of flexibility to move a shoot around, especially if it's only a 10m one, but if people buy multiple shoots in the same time band it's their fault if there's a clash for trying to do to much at the same time.

As things stand it's very much encouraged to do as many shoots as possible as crew will help you get through them, so if that doesn't happen and you miss a shoot, refunds should be given.

I wouldn't say that a clash would be my fault when a photo shooting clash which I had friday evening with Casper Van Dien and Billy Dee Williams. I had to pre-order my tickets which has to send to Switzerland and the time-tabelle for the shootings was uploaded after closing the shop. Both shootings started and ended at the same time but thanks heaven... i made both :dance:

But I was bit shocked... one photo shooting started earlier. I almost missed it.

I didn't say that a clash was your fault :)

My post was about them implementing a way in the future that would make it the customers fault if they overbooked and would be a better system overall in my opinion. But it does rely on SM giving rough time bands way in advance.

Just sit back an wait - Legally speaking they have 30 days to refund from the point of cancellation, that being said all the emails they must be getting of late may lengthen their process slightly. Nothing to be done about it, just plan for the next con :whistling:

Cheers my friend! Just seen I've had an email from them with my refund :) can't wait for WLFCC already, such a long wait! Edited by minchb

How come for destination london they can manage to have photo times up a few months before the event......

As posted, the line up for that event is pretty finalised. With events like LFCC there can be a lot of changes even in the last few weeks/days leading up to it.

Got email last night but yet to have money go back in

My email was Saturday and money was in account today. As yours was last night I'd expect it to be tomorrow or Wednesday before it hits your account.