How much did you spend?

Let's see! I saved up £600 for the entire weekend, think in the end I came home with at least £100. Not sure how much the photos all were as some were refunded or exchanged. But think in total for the entire weekend, I think it may have been around £800, some of which my credit card suffered from! Never spent that much at one event in my life!

I shockingly did ok, I got everything I wanted (a load of auto's, one photo shoot, and a couple of items from the store) but managed to go home with some spare money that will go towards the next convention I attend...or a holiday I haven't decided yet.

I think I was ok because the most expensive guest I saw was Stan Lee and because I had pre-paid for the talks I wanted to go too/

All in all spent about £250 on everything including food, a lot of medication and plasters from boots, train tickets and booze.

• Like 1

Including travel for 3 days, 2 earlybird entry tickets, 8 autographs, 1 photo with guest, 2 prop photos, a tshirt and a photo op frame; I think I spent about £330? But other than the tshirt and frame I spent exactly what I planned to as I managed to meet all the guests I wanted to.

Bit more than I intended but not as much as I could have done. As long as people only spend what they can afford and don't get into huge debt over it, it's really up to them. When I started I could only afford to get one or two autographs, now I can get more though I still cut the list down a lot.

I didnt end up spending much at the event itself, most of my photoshoots were pre-bought. I got 1 photoshoot at the event and 3 autographs and spent just £15 on merch as I couldn't get near the stalls.

edit: just remembered I didnt even have to spend money on that photoshoot I bought as it was a straight swap for the Giancarlo Esposito photoshoot ticket. So I spent £50 on autographs and £15 on merch and about £10 on food and water each day.

Edited by jael001
  • Like 1

This was the first event I paid for entirely myself which I am pleased about, x2 early bird tickets, 1 Stan Lee photo, 1 John Hurt photo, 1 Game of Thrones talk, that was before going so £125, and only £15 at the event itself so £140 in total. I saved money on not needing food or transport, helps when it's a family day out!

A rather hideous amount (and a new record for me, unfortunately). ;) I did budget for it, but it was still scary seeing the numbers go up and up as new and tempting guests were added...

Higher or lower than mine? Cos that amount for me was entry tickets, autos, photos, food, train tickets plus merchandise! Though I will admit I have spent months saving since Stan was announced!

Including gold passes, Stan Lee talk tickets, travel, autos, merch, i would imagine just shy of £1000 lucky for 2 things, spread it out over the year (got to love SM gift vouchers) and second lucky thing my wife does not read these forums.

• Like 4

If I total it all up quickly in my head, I reckon about £900, but me and my son went halves on everything.

This included travel expenses, accomodation, food, souvenirs, entry tickets, phtoshoots, and autographs. We must be mad, my wife and I could have had a week in Egypt for that!

My bank account is weeping.... when Mr Madsen was announced that's when I decided to go and thought well may as well make the most out of it, to get more money together I sold uni books, clothes, jewellery, games, DVD's ect. and so all in all for 1 night in a cheap B&B, bus tickets, early bird entry, 9 shoots, 5 autographs, 2 swords and a partridge in a pear tree spent just over £450.

Then went and found a pub on the Saturday night near Earls Court, got wayyy too drunk and spent about £100.....whoops! those who saw me Sunday morning/early afternoon I can only apologise :blush:

Edited by Zonky