Tempreture inside/out at WLFCC

I don't remember it being warm at all - October isn't typically a scorcher. I was in light trousers, tshirt and sleeveless shirt, same as the summer but was comfortable.

LFCCW is usually a more sedate affair to its summer cousin.

Mid October Cosplay, I would suggest something towards Wookie levels rather than say Slave Leia. I find the heat is generally due to other people rather than weather. Nerds get sweaty :laugh:

well having used LFCC as a scout round to see what type of cosplay would work...I'm thinking I should give up on anything involving a crinoline as I wouldn't get between the stalls or into the loos. The tempreture was a major concern....synthetic materials weren't a good idea I'll stick to cotton and linen in future. ...and pockets...lots and lots of pockets needed so no bags to carry.

Mid October Cosplay, I would suggest something towards Wookie levels rather than say Slave Leia. I find the heat is generally due to other people rather than weather. Nerds get sweaty :laugh:

well having used LFCC as a scout round to see what type of cosplay would work...I'm thinking I should give up on anything involving a crinoline as I wouldn't get between the stalls or into the loos. The tempreture was a major concern....synthetic materials weren't a good idea I'll stick to cotton and linen in future. ...and pockets...lots and lots of pockets needed so no bags to carry.

For a big dress, it can get quite hot, make sure you have water to hand. I did similar cosplay in November last year so I know I wouldn't wear it in July but October is do-able, make sure you plan as much as possible. With food and drink don't carry too much yourself, make sure you have a companion to assist you with this and carrying autos, pics and shopping etc. You will have problems moving around quickly so take your time and limit the amount of autos and photos you get. Have a plan on how to handle going to the bathroom, ie know where the disabled toilets are, do try to train your bladder as you don't want to make too many trips but want to be comfortable. Don't do too much, take some free talks in as then you are sitting for part of the day. It's not easy to stand up all day, the victorians didn't so you shouldn't either. Looking forward to seeing you in your costume.

It can still get warm but definitely no where near as bad as last weekend. With the milder weather and the good chance it won't be as crowded, you should be ok. I usually still take off my jumper but it will take me a little longer to do!

It can still get warm but definitely no where near as bad as last weekend. With the milder weather and the good chance it won't be as crowded, you should be ok. I usually still take off my jumper but it will take me a little longer to do!

Taking off a jumper just doesn't compare to it. :whistling: It's an interesting experience to wear a hooped skirt or have a bustle and the lacing means that you need assistance getting in and out of the dress unless it has buttons and that all depends on the class system of the character you want to cosplay. You have to consider the logistics which means going on the less busy day if possible to make sure you have enough space around you as the way you move is dictated by the size of the dress.

• Like 1

Taking off a jumper just doesn't compare to it. :whistling: It's an interesting experience to wear a hooped skirt or have a bustle and the lacing means that you need assistance getting in and out of the dress unless it has buttons and that all depends on the class system of the character you want to cosplay. You have to consider the logistics which means going on the less busy day if possible to make sure you have enough space around you as the way you move is dictated by the size of the dress.

Its one of the reasons why I've decided after a long think to go for something with a bum roll rather than full bustle or crinoline (I think I need to save it for a quiet con or one where I don't have to travel on the tube). Going regency instead. Bib front gown, spencer, short stays (front lacing), petticoat, bum roll, reticule and probably a turban rather than bonnet with a feather.

• Like 1