My concerns with London Comic Con

I myself will take the good with the bad and I would like the begin the topic with saying a big well done to the organisers for getting some great guesta and although I know it can't be said for everyone but I managed to see and do everything I wanted whilst at this event.

My biggest concern with this event was the organisation as from arriving on saturday their seemed to be no idea what was going on, when you asked the security (who I know are thiord party) questions you were greeted with rude replies, one saying when I asked where early bird tickets que replied "there is a ques about a mile around this building just get to the back" when asking those in this que it contained Early birders, standard entry and people with no tickets whatsoever, thankfully a gentleman in a black shirt who seemed to be in charge came out and rectified this.

Next upon entering the arena I was amazed to see that those staff in blue shirts did not seem to know any information at all, we were advised by one such staff to que where people were purchasing photoshoots to pick up our tickets that had not been mailed to us by showmasters only to be told and hour and a half later that we needed to que at another table, it wasnt as much the information that annoyed me but the blatent rudeness of the staff especfially when our tickets were a mere 5 meters away at the far end of the table.

I understand that conditions were bad for staff aswell but the rudeness of some of them was an outrage and one would expect a better vetting service in picking staff especially on an event of this magnitude, I just truly hope that somone could give answers to what plans are in place for future as after reading through this forum it seems this has been building for some years.

I respect that many are replying to these threads in staunch support of showmasters and rightly so as they have organised some great events in the past but those must realise that not all had the great experiences that they had and are simply after answers to the organisation of this event, I just hope that this falls on open ears and isnt deleted to avoid negativity.

One final piece of advice coming from a social media background, forums are for comments both negative and good, the fact you delete those you dont like is really poor on your part and these negative threads will simply move onto other platforms and spread like wildfire, I implore you to take the good with the bad in fear you do everlasting damage to your organisation especially now that you have gained a much bigger following having such a big name as Stan Lee at your event.

• Like 8

i concur with everything you have said, you weren't in the minority as i and numerous others had similar experiences.

as you have said deleting threads will cause the comments to go underground and spread like wildfire, i saw this on saturday when my partner and i met up with fellow con goers at the hotel and they told us to check out facebook and twitter instead.... i read through 21 pages on facebook alone giving negative feedback

i think that if they had issued an open apology on here, it would have done much to smooth things over but instead they blatantly refuse, which only adds more fuel to the fire

• Moderators

As you can see, topics like this and others have been here for days without removal. There's certainly not a complete whitewash where the mods are concerned, but some things do get removed where SM see fit. There's still plenty of criticism on here.

Unfortunatley showmasters do not like criticism, many of my earlier posts complaining about the Stan Lee photo shoot have gone missing. None of them were personal or abusive just factual and about my personal experience. Ive taken advise from other users and from a post from Jason himself and emailed to ask for answers to my complaints and even tried to ring them for the past few days but no one seems to want to have the decency to reply. It seems to be case of you've paid your money hard luck.

The staff were overwhelmed. Queues for likes of Summer Glau stretched like mad past photo shoot areas. Lean Heady's on Sunday wasn't great deal off from Sibel Kekilli. The regulars such as tall lad with glasses doing Stan Lee's shoot at end Sunday calling out the numbers, the brunette lass with him (looked knackered), pit boss who tried orgainse Summer's queue and others certainly did their level best. However some, like the lad near the sales desk on Sunday morning who went round in a mini circle on the spot playing on his mobile and not paying full attention are the ones could do without.

• Moderators

Unfortunatley showmasters do not like criticism, many of my earlier posts complaining about the Stan Lee photo shoot have gone missing. None of them were personal or abusive just factual and about my personal experience. Ive taken advise from other users and from a post from Jason himself and emailed to ask for answers to my complaints and even tried to ring them for the past few days but no one seems to want to have the decency to reply. It seems to be case of you've paid your money hard luck.

I will say that they have received a LOT of emails, so it's not necessarily a case of things getting ignored, but there's a lot to go through :)

I think they are just awful when it comes to responding to emails. I had to contact them about last year's LFCC, and inspite of the first one being sent 5 months before the event (and then a further 4 in the lead up to the event) I never got a single response. I even sent from different accounts in case there was an issue with the email address I used first.

• Like 2