Autograph Holders

Does anyone know a place where you could buy autograph holders, preferably somewhere in the UK? I saw a lot of dealers selling them at the con and I did buy one but I would like to buy more. I have tried amazon and ebay but most of the holders are either too small or you have to pay expensive postage.

I agree, use Frank's Autographs. They have good starter packs or you can just buy the box and sleeves. We had to get a new box this weekend as our other one is full. It cost £20 for the box and £1 per sleeve

I started a thread on here before the con asking about storage and Frank's Autographs was highly recommended. I made sure that I visited their stand over the weekend and the guy there (I'm guessing it was Frank?) was amazingly helpful. He talked me through all the reasons why I should buy each thing and how to correctly store all my photos and autos. I've now sorted all my past pics and autos into the folders I bought and added in the things from the weekend and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who recommended them.

• Like 1

Definitely Franks autographs. I only ever use him I have been using him for my auto/photo storage for years now and go see him at almost every con i go to. I have become good friends with him and direct many people his way. he is so grateful and on the odd occasion has given me the odd perk for being such a good ambassador. He is so helpful and will help you sort everything out and explain what you need and how to use it. He is the only person i would suggest you go to.

Thanks everyone for the tips. Yeah I think I actually bought from that stall. It was the one mostly with the plastic wallets and the 8x10 ones were £1.50?

Edit: No I dont think I did buy from that stall. Ooops

Edited by Laurenafenete

I had no idea about this...I'm slightly worried now as I have quite a few autographs in the plastic wallets! :/

i have learn over the years NEVER put autographs in photo albums or plastic wallets. auto's need to be kept in special wallets that wont degrade the picture or lift the signatures on them. I always and only reccomend anyone go to franks autos for their storage. all my friends i have introduced to cons all go to frank too.

I had no idea about this...I'm slightly worried now as I have quite a few autographs in the plastic wallets! :/

i have learn over the years NEVER put autographs in photo albums or plastic wallets. auto's need to be kept in special wallets that wont degrade the picture or lift the signatures on them. I always and only reccomend anyone go to franks autos for their storage. all my friends i have introduced to cons all go to frank too.

Now I'm slightly worried about my photos eek! I dont think I can get to another con for a long time to buy some of these wallets and I cant order online unless its amazon or ebay.

Now I'm slightly worried about my photos eek! I dont think I can get to another con for a long time to buy some of these wallets and I cant order online unless its amazon or ebay.

not sure if we are aloud to post links on the forum or not but look at http://www.franksautographs.com/ or if this has been edited and the link taken out look up franks autographs on line its easy to find the auto/photo storage is under- autograph starter packs, autograph storage boxes & polyester pockets on the site.

Edited by stargate geek emily

If worse comes to worse and you are that worried, put white paper or grease proof paper on top of an auto and place them both into a sleeve. This should help any autos from coming off, just make sure you let it dry before putting it in the sleeve...

Edited by zebredy

not sure if we are aloud to post links on the forum or not but look at http://www.franksautographs.com/ or if this has been edited and the link taken out look up franks autographs on line its easy to find the auto/photo storage is under- autograph starter packs, autograph storage boxes & polyester pockets on the site.

I'm currently on the site, however as I've said I cannot order stuff online as I dont own a paypal account or a credit card. (Mainly because I am a tad too young)

If worse comes to worse and you are that worried, put white paper or grease proof paper on top of an auto and place them both into a sleeve. This should help any autos from coming off, just make sure you let it dry before putting it in the sleeve...

Thanks for the tip, I think I'm going to do that. When you say "let it dry" do you mean the ink on the photo?

Edit: Ignore the question, sorry didn't read the whole thing properly.

Edited by Laurenafenete

i have a autograph of ben browder i got at collectormania 15. i put it in a 8 by 10 glass & wood photo frame got it from a photo frame shop in my indoor market. autographs are 10" by 8" a standard frame size most photo shops or frame shops sell. it seems to do the trick.

Are the autographs likely to hold up well in a frame for a long time?

that depends if you put it in a shaded area or in direct sunlight. if you are going to put anything in a frame you need to put it in an area that is shaded so doesn't get too much sunlight or else it will fade. if don't have anywhere dark to hang a photo frame don't use one and only put it in a folder in pockets from franks autographs.

Edited by stargate geek emily
  • Like 1

Are the autographs likely to hold up well and not get ruined over time in a frame.

Franks Autographs also frame too in acid free materials, they don't use glass & the frame is lightweight. I've used them quite a few times & highly recommend them. Send Nick at Franks Autographs an e-mail with measurements of the photo & he can advise.

• Like 1