What would you like to see?

maybe separate email addresses for different topics so then showmasters aren't overwhelmed by so many people emailing one address

we like this idea...but with the amount of events they're running, can become tricky as well (not to mention a server hassle!) -- we'd be happy to see the gmail/hotmail issues fixed though ;)

On the communication issue, I'd like to see hall-floor communication. As in if a guest is delayed/running late/cancelled, can the staff /volunteer be notified of this, save everyone asking said person the same questions and the constant reply being "we don't know" or "come back in an hour". I'm sure it's frustrating on both sides of the issue. All it would take is a walkie-talkie or an old fashioned "go tell John that XX is happening so he can tell people that are asking him".

• 3 weeks later...

As my post was blocked / deleted I'll say this here. John Wesley Shipp. He is willing to come but he tells me there is no demand for him.

Oh, I would like to meet him - I'm surprised there is no demand for him - I think he could draw in lots of different crowds because he has been in so many different genre shows

I will preface this by saying that I haven't read any of this thread so I might be repeating something somewhere.

I might be one of the few, but I really enjoy talks. I would love a really strong moderator (I didn't think the LFCC 2014 moderators were particularly mind-blowing) with a good sound system, outgoing guests with great stories and presence with some sort of question moderation. The questions asked at LFCC 2014 were, quite honestly, not...good... Can a series of questions be submitted via twitter or something? And then a queue for all on-the-spot questions. Because it is horrible waiting for a mic to be passed around a crowd of people and it's annoying sitting behind someone who is practically jumping out of their seat with their hand up in the middle of a guest talking about their creative process.

But more talks. Better talks. Variety of talks. Basically.

I went to a BSG talk and the guest actually sorted out the questions first time so there really was any waiting around. He asked people who had a questions waited for a reasonable number of people to put up their hands - then just went one, two, three and so forth, Then got the two microphones passed around - with a question being asked as the second microphone moved to the next person. It worked out really well and it would solve some of the problems that you explained.

• 2 months later...