What would you like to see?

I'm not a wrestling fan, but have watched a bit in the past. If you ask me it's down to personalities. For entertainment value these guys have to have that larger than life personality that characters in comics etc have as well. I'm sorry wrestling fans (I know I'll get slated for this) but as mentioned before me, they are like the TV shows as there is a large amount of acting in what they do, it would be boring without it. Although they are not for me, I see them as a good fit along side all the other guests at cons.

I loved WWF/WWE from 1999-2013 and fell out of love with it last year, so seeing some of these names brings back fond memories, but I won't be meeting them or having a photo OP, if it was during that time I'd have bitten someone's hand off to meet them!

However, I do hope that they're awesome guests and the people that do want to meet them get to and have a great time.

id like to see better signposting,more blue/green screens to have photos at, possible a viewing room like there was at chevron showing tv episodes of some of the shows that some of the guests are in, some of out favourite movie producers as guests like Peter Jackson who produced lord of the rings & the hobbit, more comedy & crime guests like the actors from the big bang theory & NCIS

• 2 weeks later...

I will preface this by saying that I haven't read any of this thread so I might be repeating something somewhere.

I might be one of the few, but I really enjoy talks. I would love a really strong moderator (I didn't think the LFCC 2014 moderators were particularly mind-blowing) with a good sound system, outgoing guests with great stories and presence with some sort of question moderation. The questions asked at LFCC 2014 were, quite honestly, not...good... Can a series of questions be submitted via twitter or something? And then a queue for all on-the-spot questions. Because it is horrible waiting for a mic to be passed around a crowd of people and it's annoying sitting behind someone who is practically jumping out of their seat with their hand up in the middle of a guest talking about their creative process.

But more talks. Better talks. Variety of talks. Basically.

I will preface this by saying that I haven't read any of this thread so I might be repeating something somewhere.

I might be one of the few, but I really enjoy talks. I would love a really strong moderator (I didn't think the LFCC 2014 moderators were particularly mind-blowing) with a good sound system, outgoing guests with great stories and presence with some sort of question moderation. The questions asked at LFCC 2014 were, quite honestly, not...good... Can a series of questions be submitted via twitter or something? And then a queue for all on-the-spot questions. Because it is horrible waiting for a mic to be passed around a crowd of people and it's annoying sitting behind someone who is practically jumping out of their seat with their hand up in the middle of a guest talking about their creative process.

They do ask for people to submit question s sometimes at some cons. I find it interesting to have people randomly ask questions we get some funny stories and sometimes people can come up with some questionss id never though of but get interesting answers, having questions solely put in onine is a little unfair to the audiance when there are people there that have questions that may not be answered in time if they were left till last, people who submit questions online may not actuely be there in the talk when it happens. so overall although the odd person may not be as interested in the crowds questions overall the way showmaster does it at the moment is the most fair and gets some good reactions most of the time. iv been attending showmaster cons for several years i often ask questions some iv prepared in advance and some i come up with on the spur of the moment. But i don't think they need to completely change the way the talks run.

They do ask for people to submit question s sometimes at some cons. I find it interesting to have people randomly ask questions we get some funny stories and sometimes people can come up with some questionss id never though of but get interesting answers, having questions solely put in onine is a little unfair to the audiance when there are people there that have questions that may not be answered in time if they were left till last, people who submit questions online may not actuely be there in the talk when it happens. so overall although the odd person may not be as interested in the crowds questions overall the way showmaster does it at the moment is the most fair and gets some good reactions most of the time. iv been attending showmaster cons for several years i often ask questions some iv prepared in advance and some i come up with on the spur of the moment. But i don't think they need to completely change the way the talks run.

Fair points and I didn't necessarily mean to change the format -- as you can see from my post, I also offered suggestions for the actual question process. This, to me, is a more important aspect as a lot of time is wasted handing the mic within the crowd rather than having the crowd queue up somewhere. Plus, all the other little things I mentioned in my original post.

I think there can be a happy balance somewhere.

Also, this is most likely not a possibilty but still

How about, instead of shipping out each order straight after the payment has been booked..you put in an option to pay for the item but hold the basket until the purchaser decides he/she's ready to bulk-ship their entire order (as in ppl can already pay for products in advance and buy/pay more a couple of weeks later)

Especially since email tickets aren't being done at the moment, it would save a lot of people (incl. showmasters) a lot of postage fees if they could decide "well...i've ordered everything... let's ship it out now" as opposed to

"I'll hold off buying everything until the very last moment because I only want to pay 1 shipping fee"

• Like 4

PEDRO PASCAL, KIT HARINGTON AND NIKOLAJ COSTER-WALDAU :wub:

Maisie, Sophie, Natalie, Emilia :smile:

And Jack Gleeson needs to come out of retirement for a weekend :whistling:

Any Throne guests will do, just keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

YES!

Such great suggestions :)

Jack Gleeson and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would be so awesome. All of these plus Gwendoline Christie and Michelle Fairley would make my year :)

Also, this is most likely not a possibilty but still

How about, instead of shipping out each order straight after the payment has been booked..you put in an option to pay for the item but hold the basket until the purchaser decides he/she's ready to bulk-ship their entire order (as in ppl can already pay for products in advance and buy/pay more a couple of weeks later)

Especially since email tickets aren't being done at the moment, it would save a lot of people (incl. showmasters) a lot of postage fees if they could decide "well...i've ordered everything... let's ship it out now" as opposed to

"I'll hold off buying everything until the very last moment because I only want to pay 1 shipping fee"

Yes please, the postage is expensive. Especially abroad. I still think e-tickets are the way to go.

Seeing as the attendance this year shows there is a potential interest in much higher profile guests, how about a '66 Batman reunion? The TV series is finally being released on DVD in November so how about Adam West, Burt Ward and Yvonne Craig?

Adam west would be brilliant! Love him in family guy! And the original batman is just funny "holy mackerel robin!" In the us he autograph price at shows runs between $50-$70 which isn't that bad in my opinion :D

West is 100$ now and insists on inscribing :/

Locklear and Marcia Cross would def be worthy guests !

Edited by 007 spells Bond

• 2 months later...

guests for legend of the seeker & NCIS

A screening room showing episodes of tv shows of the guests attending

a blue screen room were you can have photo on the set of your favorite tv show (blue screens change each day)

a prop area showing costumes & props from your favorite tv shows.

I would like to see better communication from showmasters, maybe separate email addresses for different topics so then showmasters aren't overwhelmed by so many people emailing one address and people may get answers to their queries even if it is just an automated reply to say that they will read their email and get back to you when they can?

Showmasters is growing so much in terms of guests, events and what they can offer, it's time to move the infrastructure up a notch (I know everyone in the permanent department has their own job title, do they deal with their own job related emails too?) and improve the customer service so there is less work for them to do in the run up to an event. less hassle means a less stressed out showmasters and fans won't grumble or clog up the forum with many posts related to whether showmasters have even got their email as they haven't heard back.

I would like the option to opt out of my photoshoot photos being posted online, I've paid quite a bit of money for these and feel uneasy that others can view, download and buy images that I'm in. At least offer an opt out service where as the photoshoot has been taken one of the people at the photobooth can put a cross next to my images in the database to signify don't upload online? Just a thought.

• Like 1