Who Was Your Favourite Guest?

Had to be the "mystery guest" at the Game of Thrones screening... Oh wait...

I didn't go to the screening but I've heard talk it was a pinata? could call it Peter...

It was indeed, a Joffrey pinata, I don't know the full story but to be honest it seemed like they were trying to cover up someone who might have pulled out at the last minute... Was a bit disappointing to be honest.

But seriously I'd have to say Kristian Nairn, he was without a doubt the nicest guest I met.

Auch that's a shame, you can't help wondering though who it may of been :/ I met Kristian Nairn in Cardiff and he was lovely got a quick piccy taken with him too and his head is genuinely 3 times the size of mine!

Robert Knepper was really welcoming and loved having a chat with him. Carrie was really chatty too even for someone who was as busy as her! But my favourite guest has to be Gethin Anthony. Not only did he take his time to answer your questions, but he also was genuinely interested to know about you and how your day was going etc. Showmasters, please bring Gethin back in the winter or next year. Pretty pleaseeee!

• Like 1

Really hard to say who my favourite was as I had great encounters with everyone I met. David Hewlett just talks and talks and was convinced he knew me and that we'd met before which we hadn't. Edward James Olmos and Jamie Bamber were just brilliant and a delight to finally meet and their talk was amazing. I had a great exchange with Carrie Fisher who did a great dedication on the special photo I'd ordered in advance, Summer Glau I'd been advised was shy and didn't interact much but I had a nice little chat with her, Juliet Landau was super too and I found the new project she told me about very interesting and her and I presume the guy who was her agent sat with her had a great time asking about my Buffy poster and how I got some of the signatures on it. I even exchanged a few words with Stan when I was lucky enough to just get into the Friday early signing though when I went through again on Sunday he seemed a bit confused and very tired and wasn't interacting much but did smile and me.

But biggest surprise of the weekend had to be Stephanie Leonidas. She was on my maybe list but after a friend told me how lovely she was I spent literally the last of my money meeting her, going well over my budget, and so glad I did. Not only is she gorgeous but an absolute delight to talk to. Luckily it was quiet as it was right near the end of Sunday and I had a great chat with her about the training she'd done for Defiance, what she thought about Sci-Fi in general and a few other things. She seemed to be really enjoying talking to everyone and hearing what you had to say. I only really wanted a photo of her at the desk as I'd just been in her photoshoot but after taking that she said let's do one together anyway and my mate took a lovely pic of me with her, even blagging one himself. So even though I was looking forward to meeting so many others I think she might have be my highlight.

I personally found the weekend much more stressful than normal, even with my gold pass but the guests totally made up for it, I can't find anything negative to say about any of them.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Jenna Coleman easily, she took her time to speak to me and answered plenty of questions, her mum was lovely as well, Jenna recorded a message for my friend who's in hospital which meant so much to her and to me for doing it. Respect to her for seeing the day out when she could of cancelled with her being ill, she was amazing, a true star.

• Like 1

It's a mix between Michael Madsen and Juliet Landau. Michael talked to me about my little girls as they were walking around and was genuinely a really nice guy. Juliet was great too. Was talking to her after the photo shoot when I went to get a friends autograph and showed her and her husband the photo and she said that it was great! My daughter pulled a proper little pose and they thought it was cute

• Like 1

For me, it was either Milo Ventimiglia or Jose Pablo Cantillo.

Milo was, like already mentioned, such a sweet guy who really took his time to speak to everyone who met him and pose for photos. A top dude who really surprised me in the best way possible.

Jose on the other hand made me feel like a friend. I came over to chat with him every single day of the weekend and he always seemed to enjoy our conversations.

For me it was Lena Headey of course, although she was busy in her autograph queue and couldn't really talk much (but tbh I was too nervous to talk anyway so) when she saw me in my lannister dress she made a really funny face and smiled at me and then wrote hear me roar on my autograph and looked up at me whilst she did it she was even better in my photoshoot and gave me very quick hug and we done a peace sign pose and she smiled when I asked her to do that. I then decided I had to meet her again so went to her autograph table again and got my photoshoot signed and she said "back again then" Heheee and giggled and said "it was lovely to meet you" she was just amazing and she is such much more beautiful in real life I couldn't quite believe it.

Second has to be Sharni Vinson though, it was a last minute decision to meet her as I had changed my mind on who I was meeting the day before but ended up meeting her anyway and she was so bubbly and kind and we talked for at least 5 minutes and we took a picture together and made sure it had come out properly before I left the table.

I have to say that Adam Brown was probably my favourite of the weekend. On Saturday when he didn't have an auto queue, me and my friend went up to him so my friend could get an auto and a little chat. Later in the afternoon both me and my friend had photoshoots with him and he was lovely again. On Sunday morning while we were queuing to get in, he walked right past us on his way into the venue and when he spotted us gave us a little smile. When he didn't have a queue on the Sunday, we went up to him again and I had my photo with him signed and he also signed a 8x10 with a birthday message as a surprise for my sister 😊 Lovely guy and would definitely meet him again.

For me it has to be Juliet Landau - she took her time to speak to everyone and really put people at ease. I would definitley go to meet her again!!! I've wanted to meet her for a long time and it was worth the wait :)

My photoshoot and autograph from Juliet was a birthday present from my parents and I got a bonus birthday hug from Juliet - so overall I was a very happy bunny!!!

Sarah Parish without a doubt she was having so much fun and such a nice lady, i must admit she was the guest i was most excited to meet & she didn't disappoint. Kate Dickie was so so lovely & we just ended up chatting about how awesome Aidan Gillen is :smile:

Also Curtis Armstrong, Dina Meyer & Casper Van Dien were all amazing guests had lots of time to chat & seemed excited to be there. Infact all the guests i met over the wkend we're amazing & Sharni Vinson made my friends weekend with being so lovely to him.

Obviously the best guest was Stan Lee, because he was extremely polite and kind in the photoshooting and in the talk, he is really a superhero to resist a three days convention in his old age!

Edited by chiara72

Really hard to say who my favourite was as I had great encounters with everyone I met. David Hewlett just talks and talks and was convinced he knew me and that we'd met before which we hadn't. Edward James Olmos and Jamie Bamber were just brilliant and a delight to finally meet and their talk was amazing. I had a great exchange with Carrie Fisher who did a great dedication on the special photo I'd ordered in advance, Summer Glau I'd been advised was shy and didn't interact much but I had a nice little chat with her, Juliet Landau was super too and I found the new project she told me about very interesting and her and I presume the guy who was her agent sat with her had a great time asking about my Buffy poster and how I got some of the signatures on it. I even exchanged a few words with Stan when I was lucky enough to just get into the Friday early signing though when I went through again on Sunday he seemed a bit confused and very tired and wasn't interacting much but did smile and me.

But biggest surprise of the weekend had to be Stephanie Leonidas. She was on my maybe list but after a friend told me how lovely she was I spent literally the last of my money meeting her, going well over my budget, and so glad I did. Not only is she gorgeous but an absolute delight to talk to. Luckily it was quiet as it was right near the end of Sunday and I had a great chat with her about the training she'd done for Defiance, what she thought about Sci-Fi in general and a few other things. She seemed to be really enjoying talking to everyone and hearing what you had to say. I only really wanted a photo of her at the desk as I'd just been in her photoshoot but after taking that she said let's do one together anyway and my mate took a lovely pic of me with her, even blagging one himself. So even though I was looking forward to meeting so many others I think she might have be my highlight.

I personally found the weekend much more stressful than normal, even with my gold pass but the guests totally made up for it, I can't find anything negative to say about any of them.

Sounds like you had a lovely experience :) I will agree with finding the weekend stressful, especially as I didn't buy a gold pass tried to do everything as cheaply as possible I think I've mentioned on here before I had no intention of coming to London this year but then Michael Madsen was announced and I done everything possible to get enough money I sold my uni books, clothes, jewellery, DVD's, games, CD's, you name it! booked the cheap crappy night bus to and from Glasgow and booked 1 night in a 1 star B&B... the things fans do eh? :P

• Like 1

Jack Donnelly without a doubt.

Definitely agree with this ... Very enthusiastic talking about how they were half way through filming the second series of Atlantis and how it was going to be better than the first. And a lovely pic with him after getting his autograph.

Robert Hays was fantastic, shortly before he signed for me he was coming up with all kinds of different ways I could spell my name (Chris) including one that started with Qu - which I'm not sure if it works but I'm definitely using it in the future should I need a pseudonym! - and was happy to take pictures.

I have to say I hope he returns because, sadly, my autograph got smudged!

Lena Headey was nice and friendly too, even though I got to her auto queue late on the Sunday and she had to rush through things.

Helen slater without a doubt, we had our 6 mths son with us and as soon as she saw us, before money or autograph she held her arms out and cradled him for a really long time. Really amazing! She was chatting while she held him and chatted a bit after. We videoed the whole thing and we will show it to him in the future after showing him the film. Supergirl held our baby! She was amazing! Definitely an experience to remember :-)

Jack Donnelly without a doubt.

We met him primarily because my teenage daughter has a massive crush on him, plus our whole family enjoys watching Atlantis. He was absolutely lovely! So bubbly and friendly and happy to chat. He told us a bit about the filming for Season 2 (out later this year, yay) and my other half managed to embarrass him a bit by telling him that the aforementioned daughter had seen one of his earlier (and slightly "lower quality" produced) shows. Something tells me that he'd like to forget that one! He was also more than happy to pose for a photo after signing a personalised autograph. My daughter had a photo shoot with him later in the day too and was very happy with that as well. He is truly an awesome guy and I really suggest meeting him if he's at any future events.

Aww he sounded brill, did he give any spoilers about his filming? I

No spoilers :( He said he couldn't confirm on Season 3 yet but did mention that he does a lot of his own stunts (as does Robert Emms) in Atlantis. Oh, and the location filming is in Morocco, the rest on sets in Wales. After chatting to them both I think they have good fun filming the show. :)