Who Was Your Favourite Guest?

Milo Ventimiglia was great and chatted about the script and dialogue of Rocky Balboa.

Robert Hays was super friendly with everyone and talked to me about his work on Iron Man, and his initial meeting with Stan Lee (and being presented a signed animation cel).

Jamie Bamber was lovely and chatted to everyone as an equal.

David Hewlett as amazing as always, talking with me about the Cube films and planned abandoned TV series.

Terry Farrell was a lot friendlier than I expected.

Ian McDiarmid was really pleasant to everyone and was very funny during his talk.

Corey Dee Williams was good to chat to also, but it's a shame he wasn't allowing posed photos.

Despite other people having negative experiences, I'd also say it was great having Billy Dee Williams and Stan Lee at least saying "thank you" with a big smile after I met them, considering how busy and popular they are.

And of course, all the British folk, Anneke Wills, Tom Chadbon, William Russell, Jerome Blake, Bernard Cribbins, Phil Herbert.

• Like 1

My top guests were Paul McGann, Mickie James and Magnus. All 3 were really nice and happy to chat.

Oh... and this goes to brooketessmacherfan... there's not many people can say they've had Brooke on both arms but you can dude! Haters are always gonna hate unfortunately but hey... you've got two cool pics with a beautiful woman!!

we're very happy to see Brooke liked your tattoo

brooketessmacherfan, especially since you were so excited to show her! good on ya

thank you so much both of you. as well as what happened with brooke that Ive already mentioned in my post about brooke, it's been reading very nice comments like these from forum members about my tattoo and my post about brooke in this thread and elsewhere on the forum that is also making me feel good

Gail Simone! I've met her before and she's always lovely but the 10 to 15 of us that managed to get to her "talk" on sunday (which got moved from a real stage to a huddle around a table in the corner of Brompton Hall) had a wonderful intimate time and learned a "SEEEECRET" (<-- If you weren't there you won't get that).

Both Gail and her husband are always wonderful, I just wish SM's would make more of her as a guest.

On Sunday I was stunned to find her shunted into a little corner of the comic celebs area, with only a couple of people at her table. I went into the Brompton Hall specifically to seek out Gail, and it took about three laps and questioning two clueless staff before I randomly spotted her amongst others who I'd definitely consider significantly lower-tier guests.

She actually apologised for the fact that she was hard to find, which made me feel bad (as in guilty, for possibly making her feel worse about the situation for bringing it up, stupid me). At other events, Gail commands a huge amount of respect and her set-up at LFCC 2014 was almost farcical. In the end I had to jsut rationalise that the vast majority of people in that hall were just there to see Stan, and many of those people were fans of Marvel as a whole (i.e. movie fans who wouldn't be able to name more than five famous comic writers/artists) and so had no idea who Gail actually is.

My favourite guest was one I hadn't originally intended to meet, and I'm so glad I did, Milo Ventimiglia.

I had decided I would surprise my sister and try and get a personalised pic from him as she loves the dude but was too ill to attend, when I met him after handshakes and introductions I asked if he would mind signing "to Lisa" and I explained she was going through a bit of a rough time lately and she was a big fan, he instantly looked concerned and asked what was wrong, I explained and he said of course he would, then just as he was about to start writing he stopped and looked at me and said, "why don't you let me give her a call" I was like, really? He said yes he wanted to speak to her, he then got me to ring her, not sure if she would answer and he said it was cool if she doesn't he would leave a voicemail! She answered and I passed over the phone where he then went on to speak to her for a good few minutes while I stood there kinda gobsmacked but also excited for my little sister. After he passed the phone back I couldn't thank him enough, I was truly grateful, he then asked for the phone back so he could take a selfie of us!

Milo your a legend and made a sad girl very happy.

Best guest I've met for sure.

Wow. Simply brilliant!

• Like 1

Terry Farrell was indeed lovely, and I finally got round to making up for a bad pic I had taken with her back in 2009 by getting a super-duper huggy one. :D

Also, Paul McGann is a really nice chap.

For absolutely faves; well, I spent a lot of time at the Big Finish table on Sunday so my joint-faves are the awesome tag team of Chase Masterson and Lisa Bowerman. Just so lovely!

• Like 1

Brooke "Tessmacher" Adams

Brooke was the reason I came to the convention (as im sure I bored the forum to death with in the build up to the convention) so wanted to meet her as soon as I could when i was at the convention on saturday. Little did a realise just how special brooke would make my day. once I got in the convention on Saturday I had to go to my first photoshoot but as soon as that was finished I went to find brooke in the autograph area and as soon as I saw her I got very very nervous to the point I was almost visually shaking

I walked towards brooke at her table and as soon as I was close enough I turned side on to brooke with my right arm which had the tattoo of her on and lifted the sleeve of my brooke tessmacher tna tshirt so the tattoo of brooke was fully visible when I met her. Brooke then saw me and I saw her jaw drop as she saw the tattoo of her and she excitedly said "is that the tattoo!!!!!" and got me to come over so she could look at it properly. Brooke loved it and excitedly showed her real life boyfriend Robbie E it and he nodded his approval. Brooke then asked had I been hurt by the nasty abuse I got about the tattoo on social media to which I said I had a little. Brooke then leant over the table and said "Don't Be!!!" she then signed a photo which she was giving to people who wanted her autograph but didn't have anything to sign with the message "to Andrew (my real name) you rock, I love the tat!!!" which knocked me for six, first of all the very lovely message on it and also because brooke said I could have it and didn't have to pay for it

at lunchtime brooke signed my tna figure of her that I have and the tna banner of her that I have with some lovely messages and personalising

brookefigure_zps0d08e19e.jpg

DSCF8403_zpsd3f4ceb9.jpg

In the afternoon I noticed brooke had no one at her table so I decided to go over and thank brooke for being so incredibly lovely with me and ended up having a nice chat for about 5-10 minutes about various things including telling me and another big fan of hers all about what she did on the amazing race tv show that she had just finished filming before the convention.

then came the photoshoot with brooke and as soon as it was my turn brooke gave me a big hug and had this lovely pic taken

DSCF8395_zps5e6dfd2c.jpg

as I went to get the photo and leave, brooke got hold of my arm and said "He can have one more pic with his tattoo of me showing" so had this very funny pic with brooke taken

DSCF8400_zpsa7d0ca4a.jpg

the icing on the cake came at the end of the day at the Tna Wrestling talk at the end of Saturday. I walked past the stage on my way to the exit and saw brooke was stil stood on the stage so I stopped to see if I could say goodbye to Brooke. Brooke saw me and came over without hesitation so I said "goodbye as im off home, thank you so much for everything" to which Brooke said "thank you so much for coming today!!" and gave me a big hug and got Robbie e to take a pic of me and her on her phone.

I then left the convention to go home feeling absolutely amazing and still feel this way now. Brooke has given me a lot of wonderful memories which i will always treasure and use whenever i have a bad day because of my autism or i get emotional about my mum who passed away just over 2 years ago

Thank you Brooke so so much

That's amazing! Good for you, dude :)

• Like 1

It's a tough choice to pick a favourite guest but I think I'm going to have to go with David Hewlett. He was so wonderfully chatty and friendly and seemed like he was enjoying the show so much. He remembered us by the time it got to the photoshoot and was again just super friendly. Did he have any voice left by the end of Sunday? Photo shoot early afternoon he was getting seriously croaky!

He was absolutely brilliant, deffo my favourite guest of the weekend. It was my second meeting with him, but so much better! I just renew my old crush on him lol. Also I got a big hug at the photoshoot and my favourite quote written on a pic! I did notice his voice being slightly tired Sunday morning, I hope he got any left!

Nearly everyone I met were awesome! Lena was chatty and fun, Summer was awesome and put the quote "no power in the 'verse can stop me" on the autograph which was so cool. Both were really cool in the photoshoots. Jack Donnelly was awesome as Mehetabel said, really chatty and excited about the new season. Carrie was nice and her dog was cute. We were very lucky as they stopped the line after we went in on Sunday! Robert Knepper was really nice too.

The only one who was a disappointment was Amy Dumas (Lita). She really wasn't interested in talking even tho she had no queue at all and barely looked up from her phone to even say hi.

O dear, that's going to be difficult, as I have several.

First and foremost of course, Stan Lee, who was simply great and graceful

Then Gethin Anthony whom I have been dying to meet as I am a big fan of "Renly Baratheon" whom he portrayed so well.
Juliet Landau with whom we chatted for quite some time about ourselves and herself and her husband

Kate Dickie, for exchanging our views on the nature of the people of Westeros (which became a very interesting and thought provoking conversation)
T J Thyne, who was easily the most engaging and endearing guest I have met in a long time. Even though we haven't really watched Bones, he immediately said: " then let' s talk about something else, tell me about you!"
Slavitza Jovan, who shared a piece of quite profound wisdom from her acting coach with us: "There are no small roles, just 'small actors'"

I can go on like this, but you catch my drift...everyone I met was great and wonderful in their own way...