Who Was Your Favourite Guest?

This year I find it extremely diffuicult to choose just one guest.

Infact it's almost impossible, every single person I met was just beyond awesome, I thought it would be a rushed and busy affair this year but it wasn't.

The biggest surprise for me was probably Edward James Olmos, not because I didn't expect him to be nice or anything, but purely because he was a £25 autograph, which usually means the guest signs very quickly and doesn't allow photos etc.

Eddie was the opposite. I met him on the Friday night and it was such an amazing experience. As a huge Battlestar Galactica Fan I was really excited and even nervous to meet one of my heroes, but he was pesonalising everything, not just name, but personal messages too, and dating all the autographs too. He was happy to chat away to me about the show, give me a big hug and even let me take a photo with him. When the photo was blurry, he didn't hestiate to let me take another either!

Amazing.

Not to mention, he turned up 10 minutes early for the Battlestar talk and went around the hall to shake hands with everyone and say thanks for coming!

Photosessions were also great, he was automatically just pulling people into big hugs. What a great guy!

Other special mentions have to go to Jamie Bamber, Juliet Landau, Robert Knepper, Sibel Kekilli & Milo Ventimilgia who were all happy to chat away with you for ages.

Summer, also get's a special mention, what a trooper, her queue was always long but she insited on personalising for anyone who wanted it. She was also happy to chat to me for a bit about her roll in Arrow and gave me hug :)

Other guests I met were more busy. For example John Hurt, I was withing the 1st 10 people so managed to have a short exchange with the man. He was also shaking hands with everyone in the photoshoot.

Carrie Fisher was great, Personalised my autograph and asked me few questions about where I was from and the town I grew up in. Lovely lady.

Issac Wright was great, very chatty, animated and smiley managed to chat with him for a minute or 2 and take a selfie with him. Hopefully he'll come back for another event.

Last, but not least, Stan 'The Man' Lee. Such a privilage to meet the man himself. Yes it was fast but he took the time to look up and and acknowlege everyone even said a few words to me. Yes it was fast, but it was worth it :)

In terms of over the table photos and personalisations,
All the mentioned guests (bar Stan and John) personalised and I was able to take over the table photos with Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, Milo Ventimilgia, Robert Knepper, Sibel Kekilli & Issac Wright.

GREAT WEEKEND!

• Like 1

Brooke "Tessmacher" Adams

Brooke was the reason I came to the convention (as im sure I bored the forum to death with in the build up to the convention) so wanted to meet her as soon as I could when i was at the convention on saturday. Little did a realise just how special brooke would make my day. once I got in the convention on Saturday I had to go to my first photoshoot but as soon as that was finished I went to find brooke in the autograph area and as soon as I saw her I got very very nervous to the point I was almost visually shaking

I walked towards brooke at her table and as soon as I was close enough I turned side on to brooke with my right arm which had the tattoo of her on and lifted the sleeve of my brooke tessmacher tna tshirt so the tattoo of brooke was fully visible when I met her. Brooke then saw me and I saw her jaw drop as she saw the tattoo of her and she excitedly said "is that the tattoo!!!!!" and got me to come over so she could look at it properly. Brooke loved it and excitedly showed her real life boyfriend Robbie E it and he nodded his approval. Brooke then asked had I been hurt by the nasty abuse I got about the tattoo on social media to which I said I had a little. Brooke then leant over the table and said "Don't Be!!!" she then signed a photo which she was giving to people who wanted her autograph but didn't have anything to sign with the message "to Andrew (my real name) you rock, I love the tat!!!" which knocked me for six, first of all the very lovely message on it and also because brooke said I could have it and didn't have to pay for it

at lunchtime brooke signed my tna figure of her that I have and the tna banner of her that I have with some lovely messages and personalising

brookefigure_zps0d08e19e.jpg

DSCF8403_zpsd3f4ceb9.jpg

In the afternoon I noticed brooke had no one at her table so I decided to go over and thank brooke for being so incredibly lovely with me and ended up having a nice chat for about 5-10 minutes about various things including telling me and another big fan of hers all about what she did on the amazing race tv show that she had just finished filming before the convention.

then came the photoshoot with brooke and as soon as it was my turn brooke gave me a big hug and had this lovely pic taken

DSCF8395_zps5e6dfd2c.jpg

as I went to get the photo and leave, brooke got hold of my arm and said "He can have one more pic with his tattoo of me showing" so had this very funny pic with brooke taken

DSCF8400_zpsa7d0ca4a.jpg

the icing on the cake came at the end of the day at the Tna Wrestling talk at the end of Saturday. I walked past the stage on my way to the exit and saw brooke was stil stood on the stage so I stopped to see if I could say goodbye to Brooke. Brooke saw me and came over without hesitation so I said "goodbye as im off home, thank you so much for everything" to which Brooke said "thank you so much for coming today!!" and gave me a big hug and got Robbie e to take a pic of me and her on her phone.

I then left the convention to go home feeling absolutely amazing and still feel this way now. Brooke has given me a lot of wonderful memories which i will always treasure and use whenever i have a bad day because of my autism or i get emotional about my mum who passed away just over 2 years ago

Thank you Brooke so so much

Edited by brooketessmacherfan
  • Like 5

This is a difficult one. I have 4!

Glenn Morshower - he just completely coped with my extreme fangirling over him at both photoshoot & getting an autograph the next day. He said some words to me that touched me deeply & I'll carry with me forever.

Jeremy Borash - remembered my other half & I from TNA fan party & tour. Such a laugh. And let us into a couple of TNA secrets.

James Storm - I'd promised him beer on twitter a week or so leading up to the event. He immediately asked me where it was on Friday night. Said I'd bring it on Saturday for the photoshoot. Of course I forgot said beer & he jokingly walked away from me in the photoshoot. But still gave me a massive cuddle.

Milo Ventimiglia - when it was my turn during the photoshoot session I asked if I could have a cuddle. Never have I been cuddled so tightly!!! So appropriate that his photoshoot was the last thing I did at the weekend.

• Like 1

I loved Paul Mcgann! My tardis shoot with him was fantastic! But then the icing on the cake was the next day when I took it to him to sign he said the photo was excellent and could be a promo shot for a new series! Then he signed it 'to my best assistant with love Paul Mcgann' the heart flutters haha!!

Also Milo was really cool and friendly, chatted for ages about the hiro sword me and the hubby had for him to sign, then took a really cool selfie of the three of us with it. So awesome :)

• Like 2

Definitely had to be the 4 wonderful stars of The Walking Dead, Lawrence G Jr, Jose P C, Vincent Ward and Jane Mcneill.

They all took the time to talk to me about the show and I got to ask them some questions about there roles and the other characters they worked with.

Great chat with Jose about The Governor (David Morrissey) :). I told him how angry his character made me and he proceeded to tell me what a wonderful guy he is off set, so I now want to meet him MORE THAN EVER!!!!! :). Hope you are listening showmasters :)

He also told me that they do go back and tell the other actors/actresses how awesome the conventions are and that they should get themselves to them!! I personally could not agree more and it would be a massive wish of mine to see more of them at LFCC.

I thought the talk was fantastic and even though I did unfortunately pick up some spoilers (but that is my own fault as I am so far behind in series 4) I learnt some amazing stuff that I did not know about the show and the characters, so I enjoyed this immensely :thumbup:

Moving away from The Walking dead, I will share my experience with Stan the Man :dance:

Me and my husband we lucky enough to be able to get down to London for the Friday and get our chance to have an autograph with him then. We got to the end of the queue at 3:15pm and walked out with our signature in hand by 3:45pm. RESULT :). Very brief though it was, I did manage to tell him, that it was a pleasure to meet him and he did look up as I walked away and gave me a smile :smile:. I was happy with that

The photo shoot was also successful for us, even though it did mean waiting in a very LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG queue :smile:

We must of gotten to photo booth A for around 11am on the Sunday. We were allowed to join the queue at around 12:35-12:40 and were done at around 13:10!! Again, very happy . I was in my She Hulk outfit, green body paint and all and I did my best Hulk pose :smile: . As I walked away, Stan said to me "Good girl". I can only think that was a kind of thank you for the effort I had gone too :thumbup:

The audience with Stan Lee was also an AMAZING experience for me :dance: I had to keep reminding myself that this man is 91 YEARS OLD!!!!! The energy and SOH he has is just phenomenal and I was blown away by the whole experience.

I know some people did not have such a great Stan experience, but I have to say for me, I am more than happy with how it all turned out :clap:

Gail Simone! I've met her before and she's always lovely but the 10 to 15 of us that managed to get to her "talk" on sunday (which got moved from a real stage to a huddle around a table in the corner of Brompton Hall) had a wonderful intimate time and learned a "SEEEECRET" (<-- If you weren't there you won't get that).

Both Gail and her husband are always wonderful, I just wish SM's would make more of her as a guest.

It's hard to say.

I think Edward James Olmos or Jamie Bamber or Summer Glau or Jenna Coleman or damn it I can't choose..

I spend a really great convention with all these guests. They were very kind and it was really good times. And I'm in love with Summer :wub2:

I had such a blast at this - I met :

Ian McDiarmid - a busy man and I was last in the very long autograph queue but he was nice

Billy Dee Williams - a quiet fellow but he did a really good personalisation for me which was cool

Terry Farrell - beautiful on the outside and the inside, really nice to meet her (and hear her real reasons for leaving DS9!!)

Lena Headey - far less scary than Cersei! I don't think she stopped smiling all day - loads of fun meeting her and she was great in the photoshoots

Robert Knepper - what a legend, he made a real effort with everyone, happy to take several photos and never stopped being 100% pleasant. His dedication reads "To Tony, many thanks, Robert Knepper" - clearly someone who appreciates the support of us mere mortals. Something of a benchmark convention guest, in my view anyway

Favourite guest though : Carrie Fisher.

Not only did she put off the first photoshoot (to combine it with the later one) so that she could concentrate on everyone getting an autograph, she worked all the way through, didn't take a lunch break, only had about 15 mins to chill out while we were queueing and was throughly awesome, hilarious and - as my photo shows - deliciously off-the-wall. You roll the dice when you meet your childhood heroes and heroines, it can go so wrong! Carrie, however, was just perfect.

Brooke was the reason I came to the convention (as im sure I bored the forum to death with in the build up to the convention) so wanted to meet her as soon as I could when i was at the convention on saturday. Little did a realise just how special brooke would make my day. once I got in the convention on Saturday I had to go to my first photoshoot but as soon as that was finished I went to find brooke in the autograph area and as soon as I saw her I got very very nervous to the point I was almost visually shaking

I walked towards brooke at her table and as soon as I was close enough I turned side on to brooke with my right arm which had the tattoo of her on and lifted the sleeve of my brooke tessmacher tna tshirt so the tattoo of brooke was fully visible when I met her. Brooke then saw me and I saw her jaw drop as she saw the tattoo of her and she excitedly said "is that the tattoo!!!!!" and got me to come over so she could look at it properly. Brooke loved it and excitedly showed her real life boyfriend Robbie E it and he nodded his approval. Brooke then asked had I been hurt by the nasty abuse I got about the tattoo on social media to which I said I had a little. Brooke then leant over the table and said "Don't Be!!!" she then signed a photo which she was giving to people who wanted her autograph but didn't have anything to sign with the message "to Andrew (my real name) you rock, I love the tat!!!" which knocked me for six, first of all the very lovely message on it and also because brooke said I could have it and didn't have to pay for it

at lunchtime brooke signed my tna figure of her that I have and the tna banner of her that I have with some lovely messages and personalising

DSCF8403_zpsd3f4ceb9.jpg

In the afternoon I noticed brooke had no one at her table so I decided to go over and thank brooke for being so incredibly lovely with me and ended up having a nice chat for about 5-10 minutes about various things including telling me and another big fan of hers all about what she did on the amazing race tv show that she had just finished filming before the convention.

then came the photoshoot with brooke and as soon as it was my turn brooke gave me a big hug and had this lovely pic taken

DSCF8395_zps5e6dfd2c.jpg

as I went to get the photo and leave, brooke got hold of my arm and said "He can have one more pic with his tattoo of me showing" so had this very funny pic with brooke taken

DSCF8400_zpsa7d0ca4a.jpg

the icing on the cake came at the end of the day at the Tna Wrestling talk at the end of Saturday. I walked past the stage on my way to the exit and saw brooke was stil stood on the stage so I stopped to see if I could say goodbye to Brooke. Brooke saw me and came over without hesitation so I said "goodbye as im off home, thank you so much for everything" to which Brooke said "thank you so much for coming today!!" and gave me a big hug and got Robbie e to take a pic of me and her on her phone.

I then left the convention to go home feeling absolutely amazing and still feel this way now. Brooke has given me a lot of wonderful memories which i will always treasure and use whenever i have a bad day because of my autism or i get emotional about my mum who passed away just over 2 years ago

I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience. Ignore the jealous people! What's most important is that you love your tattoo and it means something to you, nobody else matters :D she seemed wonderful. She walked past me on the Saturday and smiled, she seemed lovely! Very happy for you man! I hope you get to see her again soon :D

• Like 2

Got to say mine was Jose Pablo Cantillo:

I was the last one to meet him on the Friday evening (they stopped after me because it was almost 9pm as it was) but he wasn't in a rush and we had a good chat as he signed my autograph.

The best part was when I gave him a business card for my Everything Geek Podcast (which I give to most guests).He instantly went to read the back and was like: "'Do you enjoy Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Harry Potter... or any other fun stuff in the geek world?" And he promptly said: "Where is The Walking Dead?!?!. We both had a good laugh about that as I knew he wasn't serious, it was pretty funny though.

Michael Madsen was my second favourite. Myself and my friend Andrew had brought images of Carver (the character he voiced in The Walking Dead Game to be signed by him) and I told Andrew he probably wouldn't recognize Carver even though it was a recent role but he was only in two episodes. I also jokingly said I bet we were the first to bring him Carver images to sign. I couldn't have been more wrong yet right at the same time (confusing huh?). The first thing Michael said when we handed our images over was: "Ah, there's Carver. You're the first to bring me images of him. I spent five f***** days working on that game." The look myself and Andrew gave each other was priceless. As you can see, right but wrong at the same time. lol

The rest of the guests were all great and I was happy with all the ones I met (even rushed ones like John Hurt and Bernard Cribbins, though in the latter's case I wasn't too impressed by the person right behind me. He didn't say anything but the moment Bernard finished signing for me the guy promptly tried to barge past me to meet Bernard. I had to quickly ask Bernard if I could get a picture with him whereas I shouldn't have to quickly ask if I can get a picture without any added pressure). Like I said, I have no complaints about any of the guests (most of them were really great, especially The Walking Dead ones like Lawrence Gilliard Jr and his son who were really cool, Lawrence even remembered me when I came back with Andrew later on as I had been by myself when I met him earlier, but I had no guest complaints even if some weren't very talkative). Only complaint would be the guy behind me in Bernard's queue.

But definitely have to say Jose and Michael were my favourite meets! Probably Lawrence, Corey Dee Williams and Jane McNeill closely behind them.

Thank you for the lovely comment minchb. that's how ive dealt with any nasty abuse so far from people about my brooke tattoo is that I love my tattoo of brooke and can ignore it even more now I know brooke herself loves it. Brooke is a such a genuine and wonderful person who genuinely does appreciate all her fans.

Hopefully ill see brooke again in a few months on the next TNA UK Tour next January 2015 which I already have a ticket for. Brooke hopes to be on it after not being on the uk tour this year.

Edited by brooketessmacherfan

DSCF8403_zpsd3f4ceb9.jpg

DSCF8395_zps5e6dfd2c.jpg

DSCF8400_zpsa7d0ca4a.jpg

I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience. Ignore the jealous people! What's most important is that you love your tattoo and it means something to you, nobody else matters :D she seemed wonderful. She walked past me on the Saturday and smiled, she seemed lovely! Very happy for you man! I hope you get to see her again soon :D

I couldn't agree more. Don't let the haters get you down man.

• Like 2

My top guests were Paul McGann, Mickie James and Magnus. All 3 were really nice and happy to chat.

Oh... and this goes to brooketessmacherfan... there's not many people can say they've had Brooke on both arms but you can dude! Haters are always gonna hate unfortunately but hey... you've got two cool pics with a beautiful woman!!

• Like 1

Thanks I wont. have had worse things to deal with in my life than nasty comments about my brooke tattoo. especially having to cope with my mum passing away 2 years ago

You're a strong guy, kudos to you my friend! X

• Like 1

My favourite guest was one I hadn't originally intended to meet, and I'm so glad I did, Milo Ventimiglia.

I had decided I would surprise my sister and try and get a personalised pic from him as she loves the dude but was too ill to attend, when I met him after handshakes and introductions I asked if he would mind signing "to Lisa" and I explained she was going through a bit of a rough time lately and she was a big fan, he instantly looked concerned and asked what was wrong, I explained and he said of course he would, then just as he was about to start writing he stopped and looked at me and said, "why don't you let me give her a call" I was like, really? He said yes he wanted to speak to her, he then got me to ring her, not sure if she would answer and he said it was cool if she doesn't he would leave a voicemail! She answered and I passed over the phone where he then went on to speak to her for a good few minutes while I stood there kinda gobsmacked but also excited for my little sister. After he passed the phone back I couldn't thank him enough, I was truly grateful, he then asked for the phone back so he could take a selfie of us!

Milo your a legend and made a sad girl very happy.

Best guest I've met for sure.

Edited by Lostboy1981
  • Like 1

For reasons im suck of going into I only got to meet one guest, but what a guy Jamie Bamber is ! At first he was far more interested talking about my Heisenberg outfit than anything else '. He was friendly and really chatty and I got a minute or two to talk to him about the end of BSG, and in particular the end of his arc. As I left he said to the assistant "that mans trouble". I hope he was talking about Walter. Shame I didn't get to the photo shoot to meet him again later.

I can't choose one! For me it was Dina Meyer (see the great pic of her with little ol' me as my new avatar there on the left?) and Glen Morshower. He was great - really down to Earth, he apologised for the wait in the queue (which wasn't too bad, actually), he took time to dedicate a signed pic to me... then he decided that one didn't look as good as he thought he could make it so he did another one for me! When he did it he looked at them both and then said "ahh, have them both!" so I got two signed photos from him (with different messages to boot). I also got a pic with him at the table (in addition to my photoshoot pic). I'm a big fan of Transformers, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D and 24 so, as you can probably imagine, that was pretty awesome for me! :-D

Also, Chase Masterson... as I mentioned before, she wasn't a headlined guest but she was at the Big Finish table promoting her new audio stories. I had a great chat with her and she was lovely. She twisted my arm into buying two CDs, which she signed, and I got a pic with her at the table. That's another DS9 guest met from my list! :-)

- G