Smoking electric cigarettes inside

This is an interesting one, personally (as a e cigarette smoker) I'd like to be able to use them inside however out of common courtesy I would probably not! I'm a very open minded person and can see how having some horrible unknown flavoured smoke blown into your face can be and seem horrible! The laws still state we can smoke them, someone's right in saying trains and buses have now banned them! So yes I could however unless it was in busy and i was sitting in a corner with no one around, no I wouldn't :P I smoke menthol and apple flavour ;) they taste and smell good :D

I don't smoke (tried it once and thought it was daft) but I don't have a problem with the e-cigs personally, although I think they look a bit silly. Some of them look like a pen... I remember the first time I saw someone whip one of those out somewhere. I thought he was smoking his biro! lol

- G

Many places of work, and public places like arenas, shopping centres etc have BANNED these things.

At the end of the day, nobody knows for sure about the risks they carry.

Do Earls Court themselves have a policy? Do Showmasters? Are either entity worried about lawsuits down the line if these things are in any way harmful to non-users? All that profit blown in legal pay outs!

I personally think anything blowing out smoke/vapour odourless or not, should be stopped. I go to a convention to get photo-ops and signatures, not to wander through a hazy cloud.

Come on SM, time to deal with this one!!!

so with all the people inside causing a safety issue and on the way to the event cars chucking out fumes , speeding , et c. You are more worried about a couple of people vaporing ? LOL

I think some people really do have too much time on their hands .

You are far more likely to get some disease from all the bugs going around that event or car fumes , then a couple of people breathing out some vapor

• Like 1

Right....so most places of work/leisure stopped people smoking way before the law was introduced because it made for a better environment, and you want to go back to the 1980s?

I know these shows are (to an extent) about retro things, but you are offering up a laughable argument.

It's one for SM to clarify with Earl's Court (and all other SM venues) for sure.

I note you offered a bit of a dig about have too much time on one's hands. I'll lock that one in the memory bank because I have no need or desire to throw around personal insults.

They should not be made illegal or not used indoors. They are not the same as real cigarettes but of course it's just typical British public believing everything they're told in the papers so many people will believe they will get cancer just like they will probably get food poisoning if they keep food past the best of date lol.

I'll make my mind up when genuine and attributable long term research has been published - until then I don't think they should be used in a confined space. I used to smoke myself but fortunately was able to quit when the ban came in. They may be as harmful as marshmallow hammer, without anything to back them up I don't think they should be used inside... just my opinion.

• Like 1

Horrific in my opinion and they shouldn't be allowed indoors my asthma was bad enough in there with the heat, crush and lack of fresh air without the clouds of whatever is in them floating in my face and lungs too!!!!

• Like 1