Smoking electric cigarettes inside

Call me a party pooper, but I think smoking electric cigarettes INSIDE EC2 was disgusting! I saw several different cases. Even if it isn't so smelly than ordinary cigarettes, it's still smoking. Shouldn't smoking inside be forbidden by now?

• Like 3

I did walk past someone who exhaled their 'smoke' straight into my face. It was so busy in there it couldn't be afforded. It wasn't allowed according to the signs at the last Collectormania at MK Dons stadium and that was quiet compared to this weekend. In the future this shouldn't be allowed, I think that's a fair.

Smoking is forbidden inside, smoking e-cigs at the moment is not. It is something I believe that is being discussed by our government!

Ok, thanks for this. I'm not familiar with these rules. As a 100% non-smoker, seeing this happening made me see red a bit.

Smoking is forbidden inside, smoking e-cigs at the moment is not. It is something I believe that is being discussed by our government!

Ok, thanks for this. I'm not familiar with these rules. As a 100% non-smoker, seeing this happening made me see red a bit.

Understandable.

I can't standing being around people whilst they are smoking. I hate it! However when I saw someone go by smoking an e-cig I thought "huh SM must be embracing modern times". It's just like steam and didn't even smell of anything to me.

In my opinion everywhere should allow them, I don't see the issue. I'm not trying to start an argument, I can see both sides of the coin, and it'll be interesting to see where the government takes it.

But for now it isn't smoking and isn't illegal to do in a public place, there was no signs saying "no e-smoking" so I don't think anyone did anything wrong.

Edit: Also they are nicotine flavour and do not contain nicotine
Edit 2: It seems they do contain nicotine...disregard all of the above lol. Then yes they are probably best kept outside.

Edited by LogicTheory

whats the problem . Its not smelly unlike some of the great unwashed you have to stand next to ! Your not going to inhale anything like all the smoke from car fumes everyday ! Its legal !!

some Ecigarets do smell of sweet and sometimes slightlynunpleasent things i have seen and smelt a rather unpleasent smelling one

i agree that sweaty people are worse

and you can get some e-cigarets that release and people let out a lot of vapour whitch can be secondery inhaled. i have been lext to one in a bus shelter and it was not pleasent.,

no e-cigarette i agree is as bad a car fumes

and yet it is not ilegal to smoke e-cigaret inside but ones that look like genuine cigarets are not good to smoke around children"whitch there were pleanty of at lfcc" as it sets a bad example.

so im 50/50 on this but i would prefer e-cigarets to have the same restrictions as normal cigarets as they are still spreading nicotine around whitch is bad for peoples health.

They are not allowed in many venues. I have noticed at train stations and many restaurants and I think Wembley Arena, The O2 and other venues I've been to recently there are signs saying something like 'smoking is prohibited in all areas including the use of e-cigs'

• Like 1

well then we will just go outside back to smoking real cigarettes and when someone complains ...to bad its legal !

You have more chance of getting something nasty from car fumes . especially in underground car parks where their is no ventilation at all . I think some people just like to moan for the sake of it

Sorry but in my opinion not enough accredited research has been done into the long term effects of e-cigs and the copious amounts of both legal and dubiously sold 'flavours' to state that it is entirely safe. Remember that's what they used to say about smoking back in the day too!!

And no - it's not steam... steam is gaseous phase of water, what you're dragging into your lungs is anything but water - that's my $0.02

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 2

I don't think smoking e-cigarettes should be allowed in a crowded event like LFCC, simply because I believe it is inconsiderate to smoke them around people who don't.

I don't have a problem with people trying to quit smoking using them if it helps, just do it away from people who don't smoke.

• Like 2

As a smoker I think e-cigs should not be allowed. All it takes is one moron to see it and think it's ok to light up a real one. People don't like smoking and that's fine. I do like it but always left the queue on Friday for my fix and as a smoker I hate other people's smoke. Not sure what's that all about but that's my issue. The bottom line there should be no smoking of any kind indoors, especially at massive events like LFCC.

• Like 2

I don't think smoking e-cigarettes should be allowed in a crowded event like LFCC, simply because I believe it is inconsiderate to smoke them around people who don't.

I don't have a problem with people trying to quit smoking using them if it helps, just do it away from people who don't smoke.

True but thats your opinion . I also dont like standing around in crowds where people are stinking due to it either being hot or cant be bothered to bathe . Dont like people pushing into me either , farting around me , burping . But they do and sometimes you just have to put up with it . I could not smoke a e-cig and people will still push pass me , Jump cues, eat smelly food , get drunk , bring young children to an event thats well overcrowded and finally drive off in their carbon monoxide cars ! We could all moan over something we dont like !