Question about Posts

Hi showmasters I love your event and the forum but I'm a bit confused.

I seem to put some posts up and when I come back they are no longer there.

Most of them are questions and are not rude or anything so I don't understand why they are deleted I have noticed that an whole hour of posts some times are missing.

I am coming to the event and really can't wait in fact. I just really would like to know if you are doing any star wars talks.

Hi

Try bookmarking the threads, and then try to get back to them. Things can move quite fast round here (like stef when he heard Catwoman was at Wembley), and threads can move down the list very fast.

Apart from that, it could be technical. Make sure your browser is up to date and refreshing correctly.

Paul

• Moderators

Yeah sometimes people think their posts have disappeared when really they've just moved onto another page or something ... or other times perhaps the posts are inappropriate or just repeating something that has been said elsewhere, sometimes the place is tidied up a bit! As for the talks, as far as I know they'll be announced in the next few days if everything goes to plan .. and u see how many SW guests there are, I think it'd make sense if there was a talk :lol: but obviously I cant say yes or no, I'm just guessing :lol:

normally I look at the times of the posts that I put up and the person's name before mine. Today I looked on all the pages of the thread in question and they were not on any of them.

I did not put anything rude on them and I thought I was putting a question up that had not be asked before.

just had that problem myself in a thread about the nec event yesterday even though Haflings put the topic title as "don't delete this we are slagging off NEC!" which we were and saying how much better SM's organisation etc is and how much more we appreciate it now we have been to an inferior :D event!

slightly annoyed actually as I just spent 20mins replying only to find there was an "error" i.e. some one deleted it even though I don't see SM hovering... :DB):D oh well... xx

I thought it would be very unprofessional to leave messages on here insulting other shows, and yet delete ones advertising them. Therefore I try to get rid of the majority of them, whether positive or negative. We are not here to support other shows, and yet at the same time we do not aim to run them into the ground by letting people write negative comments on them either.

Fox

all i do is go to search....

then type my name in the box on the left... then click on search with user name alone... below it...

then make sure its on all open forums and all cateogries in the search where? bit at the bottom on the right... click search and it will bring up all your posts!

voila!

Question about Posts

Collectormania 5 hobbitlover 7 55 Apr 18 2004, 03:07 PM

Last Post by: fox mulder

MOVIE SCREENINGS and GUEST TALKS:

Collectormania 5 linka 19 313 Apr 18 2004, 02:42 PM

Last Post by: linka

Virtual queue tickets

Guests names on tickets Collectormania 5 Jedi Master 11 162 Apr 17 2004, 05:46 PM

Last Post by: illusionist

1 HP AND 1 LOTR (Pages 1 2 )

... Collectormania 5 mimis 20 393 Apr 17 2004, 04:32 PM

Last Post by: hobbitlover

Sm's put us out of our misery (Pages 1 2 3 )

Collectormania 5 Wyn 43 530 Mar 27 2004, 02:03 PM

Last Post by: surfy_sah

it will give you a list and you can link back and forward to them...so if nobody has left a reply then click backl on your browser and you will go back to the list...

or right click and "open in a new window" and you can check all your posts without losing a page!

if you post something you can go back to the page by clicking you back buttom but the drop down arrow next to it and "search results" and then refresh...save you clicking back more than once!

hope that helps!

its much easier when you do it i promise!

hugs

Veasse xx

oh if the mods and SM dont mind me saying... if the post shouldnt be replied to why not post that and lock the thread... i'm sure that can be done... so that people can see why its been done and then after a few hours or so delete it... i know i check back a lot and if a post of mine is deleted i would like to know why,.....

it may serve as a lesson and we can all get the point of it... make an example of some posts you want to delete...if they are blatant advertising or slagging people have already read them why not show your dissatifaction and then delete it when people have read your comment... lock the thread so people cant reply!

hugs

Veasse x

oh if the mods and SM dont mind me saying... if the post shouldnt be replied to why not post that and lock the thread...  i'm sure that can be done... so that people can see why its been done and then after a few hours or so delete it...  i know i check back a lot and if a post of mine is deleted i would like to know why,.....

it may serve as a lesson and we can all get the point of it...  make an example of some posts you want to delete...if they are blatant advertising or slagging people have already read them why not show your dissatifaction and then delete it when people have read your comment...  lock the thread so people cant reply!

hugs

Veasse x

i take your point. locking topics is an option but it defeats the object. if we think something is inappropriate it will be deleted. locking a topic doesn't change the fact that the inappropriate topic / post is still on the forum. locking a topic tends to happen when we want a topic to stay but don't want the intial post buried under loads of posts. an example is the "Some Rules" topic pinned in general chat.

if you've had a topic / post removed and the deletion doesn't seem to be in keeping with the forum rules, please contact one of the moderators by email. i'd be happy to help explain.

BB

Edited by billy_bob

oh if the mods and SM dont mind me saying... if the post shouldnt be replied to why not post that and lock the thread...  i'm sure that can be done... so that people can see why its been done and then after a few hours or so delete it...  i know i check back a lot and if a post of mine is deleted i would like to know why,.....

it may serve as a lesson and we can all get the point of it...  make an example of some posts you want to delete...if they are blatant advertising or slagging people have already read them why not show your dissatifaction and then delete it when people have read your comment...  lock the thread so people cant reply!

hugs

Veasse x

i take your point. locking topics is an option but it defeats the object. if we think something is inappropriate it will be deleted. locking a topic doesn't change the fact that the inappropriate topic / post is still on the forum. locking a topic tends to happen when we want a topic to stay but don't want the intial post buried under loads of posts. an example is the "Some Rules" topic pinned in general chat.

if you've had a topic / post removed and the deletion doesn't seem to be in keeping with the forum rules, please contact one of the moderators by email. i'd be happy to help explain.

BB

i understand that hun, and deleting is fine... but if you lock it after saying this post will be deleted for X, Y and Z and i do not want to see this again..

the reason will be clearer...cause reading the rules.. is great but not a lot of people understand what trolling is.. and people post regardless..

i have seen at least one post where i have been offended by the language and let it slide because if it hasnt been noted by a mod then it must be me right!

well sometimes i dont see why a topic is deleted, and so if you lock it people cant flame, and then you can say this is offensive etc etc... and it will be deleted.

i do understand but to the person who was asking why should a post be deleted not everyone gets what the rules mean... i just looked everywhere for a rules list... can you tell me where it is... *found it in a general posting rules forum.... when i feel because i rarely go down to that part fo the board how am i to know..?? it should be right at the top as a link not a forum! :huh: *

:D

we need a comprehensive page of rules and regs in plain english that even i could understand...chances are if i can everyone can!

so that was just my opinion sweetie!

i just thought as a guide!

Andrea xx

Edited by veasse