8x10s at Sherlocked Preview Signing

Firstly let me start off by saying I realise this pales in comparison to some experiences this weekend, however this needs to be added to the feedback about the event.

Myself and 299 others were very lucky to have won in the raffle for the signings with Sue Vertue, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss. I myself had won Sue's (I think initially we were all a bit confused as on the original thread it was worded in such a way that all 3 would sign for all 300, but no matter!)

The issue a lot of us did have, especially in Sue's queue and I presume other queues had the same issue, is that we had been told that 8x10s would be provided to get signed. There were NONE. They hadn't run out. There were none to start off with.

The first post still stating this at the bottom of it is here and here is a screen shot of said post:

2dako4m.png

What ended up happening is that I had my Marvel notebook with me, and ended up giving out at least 20 of my pages to other people in the queue, and we all got that signed. I did see another post in the forum saying that card had been given to those without personal items - this certainly wasn't communicated to Sue's queue.

I know some people will say "well why didn't you bring something to get signed?!". Because we had been assured that 8 by 10s would be available. I would have gotten her to sign my Sherlock DVD already signed by Benedict had it not been the case! Much rather that than my Marvel notepad.

I know nothing can be done now, and I spoke to the crew at the time about it, but I would say that should such an opportunity be provided in the future, that promised items should be made available.

I had the same problem, it was lovely to be picked, but was disappointed that I didn't get all three autographs and the autograph I did get was on a scrap of paper as they didn't have the pics they said they would have.

Seemed a little disorganised.

We were lucky enough to get Mark. I was in the same position, nothing to sign - luckily we'd nabbed a free fangirl notebook from YALC before... however, someone did come to our end of the table with a stack of blank card after they'd started signing. I think they were all stacked up our end so it's true that I'm not sure how it would have been communicated to the other two queues since we only saw them because our queue was toward the side of the table. The card was on the floor also, not on the table so people wouldnt know.

I wish I'd brought something to get signed also, I just assumed given that post that there would have been something.

Edited by staceywho

Only reason I went to this was to get marks auto on my game of thrones auto on my poster , and thanks too 2 lovely ladies who had a spare ticket from their friend who had to leave I managed it

Such a great part of the weekend

I get what you are saying as if it was stated they were going to be providing pics/cards you would expect them to be there but I always take something extra to sign even if I plan on getting it on the provided 8 x 10's as too many times they haven't been very good pictures. That way I always have an alternative if they are rubbish or run out. I appreciate that's bot aways possible though as you might have more than enough to bring with you anyway! :smile:

Yet again the hype train got stuck and then crashed of the rails, no 8X10 and winners didn't get all three. I'm glad I didn't win with the fact you had what you were given like it or lump it, and that I had nothing sherlock related with me because of the trust in the information provided.

I'm a gold pass holder I had a black wristband and not a single member of staff reminded me that I can go ahead of everyone else, very poor.

(I was supposed to be comic gold pass but becuase of a mix up i was given regular gold pass for the saturday on my wristband, so i could have got away getting priority for all talks even paid ones that i had not paid for). Is it to much to observe a wrist?).

It was a shame that the 10x8s weren't available as advertised, but at the end of the day the whole thing was free so it seems a but churlish to grumble about it. I was thinking as I was leaving with my signed piece of card that even though I would have bought something for signing if I had known I'm sure there would have been plenty of Dr Who and Sherlock fans who would happily have swapped places with me (I got a Steven Moffat autograph)

My only slight grumble was the person who told us that there were no pictures available for signing, her attitude was a bit brusque to say the least, I think I even heard her say at one point that anyone who got to the front and didn't have anything to be signed would be removed from the signing area. It just seemed a needlessly heavy handed approach to take when people had been told in advance that photos would be made available.

Like I said though, a minor point given that the talk was free and SM didn't have to organise a free signing for 300 people with three people responsible for one of the best things that has been on TV for years!