Comments

I think SM should definitely steer clear of having so many pass holders ever again. I had a comic gold and managed to do everything I wanted (not without problems). I would never have got half of what I did without the pass, due to some guests being stuck on very low VQ no's due to being busy with all the passes.

This is a great point. It certainly stopped the Stan line from progressing beyond 0-25 on Sunday...

I also heard that the wristbands were supposed to be marked to show that the person had got a Stan auto, but that some devious so and so's were persuading staff not to mark them as they wanted to keep them as "collector items", so they were getting access to Stan again as a result!

Hard to know when to separate the truth from rumours etc, but certainly too many passes were sold. From what I've read even Gold pass holders felt a little less special as a result...

• Like 1

LOL...

Seems like all you need to do to get some personal time with a guest is turn on the waterworks... must remember that next time!

https://imgur.com/gallery/4lG9G/new :crying: :crying::crying:

LMAO!..Clever clever lady.....mind you I've heard worse....feigning illness, charging at a guest and kissing them without even asking permission, groping at photo shoots, stalking them round hotels....the list is endless...

She done well...I salute her... ;)

There were plenty of CHILDREN crying that didn't even get to SEE Stan, let alone get a photo or auto from him...

Puts things in perspective a little, I think. :thumbdown:

LOL...

Seems like all you need to do to get some personal time with a guest is turn on the waterworks... must remember that next time!

LMAO!..Clever clever lady.....mind you I've heard worse....feigning illness, charging at a guest and kissing them without even asking permission, groping at photo shoots, stalking them round hotels....the list is endless...

There were plenty of CHILDREN crying that didn't even get to SEE Stan, let alone get a photo or auto from him...

Oh don't get me wrong...I think it's disgusting to push oneself onto guests in a manner of getting more time....but it happens....my sarcasm to the young lady is directed totally at her and not at anyone who was unfortunate to miss out on any special time or indeed any time at all with the man himself....I cannot comment as I didn't even try ...I might have another chance to meet him soon though...depends on how exhausted he is after this trip....am sure he'll be good to go after a quick trip home and good rest though...;)

I think SM should definitely steer clear of having so many pass holders ever again. I had a comic gold and managed to do everything I wanted (not without problems). I would never have got half of what I did without the pass, due to some guests being stuck on very low VQ no's due to being busy with all the passes.

This is a great point. It certainly stopped the Stan line from progressing beyond 0-25 on Sunday...

I also heard that the wristbands were supposed to be marked to show that the person had got a Stan auto, but that some devious so and so's were persuading staff not to mark them as they wanted to keep them as "collector items", so they were getting access to Stan again as a result!

Hard to know when to separate the truth from rumours etc, but certainly too many passes were sold. From what I've read even Gold pass holders felt a little less special as a result...

I think there has been a lot said over the weekend, which could be true or could be rumours and I think that is half the problem here right now. I have heard a range of things myself but whether they are true is beyond me and have chosen not to dwell on it!

LOL...

Oh don't get me wrong...I think it's disgusting to push oneself onto guests in a manner of getting more time....but it happens....my sarcasm to the young lady is directed totally at her and not at anyone who was unfortunate to miss out on any special time or indeed any time at all with the man himself....I cannot comment as I didn't even try ...I might have another chance to meet him soon though...depends on how exhausted he is after this trip....am sure he'll be good to go after a quick trip home and good rest though... ;)

Not sure what the winking smiley is about, but I not only find it sarcastic, but also find it very condescending.

I hadn't read your original comment as sarcastic, but having read it back, it is just as sarcastic as the last one.

Yes, Stan Lee is 90+ years old... yes, he will get tired... and yes, people are VERY disappointed... but replying with sarcasm won't help anyone...

In fact, it will just p*ss people off even more.

Edited by Starbuck73

It does seem a bit wrong that this one person got a personal meet and greet from Stan Lee when loads of other people were denied it including the Comic Gold Pass people, am I correct in assuming this was free the meet and greet.

The 10 minutes she spent with Stan Lee could be put to signing more autographs since they did it on the Sunday when his time was limited.

I didn't want to meet Stan even though I do like him, I couldn't afford it, I'm just a bit angry for the people who didn't get their autos signed but this girl got a meet and greet.

• Like 1

I really feel used by the way guests were announced and we now suspect they never were coming. I earmarked Sean Maher, Summer Glau and Lena Headey for Friday, so booked a ticket, having had a great Friday at Olympia in July 2012. Mr Maher "cancelled", so I pencilled in Christopher Benjamin as a substitute. He cancelled. Then, the two ladies "re-arranged their flights" to miss Friday but now we learn that people behind the tables knew that Friday was never on! I also doubt whether Sean Maher was ever coming because a double photoshoot with his screen sister was never offered.

I was happy to come on preview night and thank you for offering to let me use my Friday ticket at the weekend BUT I couldn't face the hassle of the main days and you lost a lot of my money, although you had some for free.

LOL...

Oh don't get me wrong...I think it's disgusting to push oneself onto guests in a manner of getting more time....but it happens....my sarcasm to the young lady is directed totally at her and not at anyone who was unfortunate to miss out on any special time or indeed any time at all with the man himself....I cannot comment as I didn't even try ...I might have another chance to meet him soon though...depends on how exhausted he is after this trip....am sure he'll be good to go after a quick trip home and good rest though... ;)

Not sure what the winking smiley is about, but I not only find it sarcastic, but also find it very condescending.

I hadn't read your original comment as sarcastic, but having read it back, it is just as sarcastic as the last one.

Yes, Stan Lee is 90+ years old... yes, he will get tired... and yes, people are VERY disappointed... but replying with sarcasm won't help anyone...

In fact, it will just p*ss people off even more.

Oh no..sorry!...I didn't mean to put that winky smiley there...:(

The "winky" was because I can't say where I'm going to see him in a few weeks time...SM policy re other places....

No I'm really horrified that so many people lost out on meeting such a legend....

I was only able to stay in the place for an hour on Saturday and had a horrible time...I really really do feel for the people who missed out...

My other comments re what fans do to get attention stands though...I've heard of some absolutely diabolical way fans behave to get noticed or a bit more extra-special time...

Trust me, I mean no offence at all....:(

I really feel used by the way guests were announced and we now suspect they never were coming. I earmarked Sean Maher, Summer Glau and Lena Headey for Friday, so booked a ticket, having had a great Friday at Olympia in July 2012. Mr Maher "cancelled", so I pencilled in Christopher Benjamin as a substitute. He cancelled. Then, the two ladies "re-arranged their flights" to miss Friday but now we learn that people behind the tables knew that Friday was never on! I also doubt whether Sean Maher was ever coming because a double photoshoot with his screen sister was never offered.

I was happy to come on preview night and thank you for offering to let me use my Friday ticket at the weekend BUT I couldn't face the hassle of the main days and you lost a lot of my money, although you had some for free.

All guests have the potential to cancel, due to work commitments or personal reasons. That is made clear on the website and I believe on the FAQs (mods feel free to correct me there). You have to take it on blind faith that they will commit to the convention, but there is never any guarantee. I had four guests I wanted to meet to cancel for this past weekend, no idea why, but I know if Showmasters can, they will get them back as soon as they can!

Sarcasm aside, as I said, seeing kids crying that didn't even get to SEE Stan, let alone get a photo or auto from him was just heartbreaking.

This girl swindles 10 minutes with the guy with a few tears, pushing his already ridiculous schedule back even further = LOTS more p*ssed off people than there were already!

As a side note, I was allowed into the shoot to wait for my son, but was told in no uncertain terms if I even touched my camera or phone, I would be told to leave...

I turn around as my son is going through the queue, people are poking their heads round the exit barrier to get a glimpse of Stan, & a guy is snapping away on his iPhone RIGHT BEHIND ME!!! :thumbdown:

I have supported SM events for quite a few years now, but at least be consistent with the rules please!!!

• Like 1

Sounds like Stan Lee was on break when he met that girl. What Stan Lee did during his break is up to him, the fact he spent some time with someone even when not at the signing table or on a shoot is credit to him (and his agent). You should feel happy for her, even if your day went the other way.

• Like 2

I was not there Saturday so can't comment on that, on the Sunday I got everything I planned to do done.

My main problem is with the venue itself, its too old and outdated, with its future still not resolved the much needed updates that are needed won't be done. It doesn't have enough toilets for the capacity of the venue and the air cooling system can't cope if the venue is packed. I personal feel that the events should move to the excel which is perfect for conventions, I have heard that they can't use it because another company uses it but somehow Destination Star Trek is allowed so I can't see what the problem is. I can't believe that a venue that size would turn down two events there each year.

I also heard a rumor that a very big guest was due to be announced but due to an injury they had to pull out which would have made the event even busier.

• Like 1

Sounds like Stan Lee was on break when he met that girl. What Stan Lee did during his break is up to him, the fact he spent some time with someone even when not at the signing table or on a shoot is credit to him (and his agent). You should feel happy for her, even if your day went the other way.

Don't tell me how I should be feeling... p*ssed off & angry is how I am feeling right now, & this won't change for some time.

Don't tell me how I should be feeling... p*ssed off & angry is how I am feeling right now, & this won't change for some time.

The "you should.." wasn't directed at anyone. I should of worded it "I would feel happy for her, even if my day went the other way". Sorry for wording it wrong. I'm not trying to start an argument :)

Hi guys,

Well, LF&CC on Saturday, what can I say, left Birmingham on the first available train, got to EC2 around 8.30, the queue already a mile long if not more, doubling back to where the entrance was and then triple queuing, so doors opened and it took about 60 minutes to get into the arena, which was already heaving.

Don't get me wrong, I had a good day there, but you have to question the amount of people there, by far exceeded the amount of people from last years show, probably quadruple if not more, but that put pressure on the queues for getting the autographs I wanted, I resigned myself to not getting Stan Lee's (4 hours queuing time, a bit of a joke), I think for guests like him, a ticketing system should be made for the autographs, so at least you could get one

Don't get me started on Stan's photoshoot, £45 only to be told that we could not speak to him, shake his hand, touch him in any way, just stand there and SNAP then go, I know that there were people in the thousands wanting photo's, this is what meeting the guests is all about, I've read Marvel comics since I was a child, and this was a real opportunity to get to shake the man's hand to say my thanks, but no, this was a money grabbing opportunity on the part of the organisers, and at 91 years old he looked like he was asleep in my photo (yes his eyes were closed), he looked as worn out and as tired as I was, not happy about that, and if I'd had known in advance that was what is was going to be like, I really wouldn't have bothered

This is the only thing I was disappointed about, well, that and the amount of people there, to be honest, you'd seriously have to question H&S, it was too uncomfortable

I love these shows, I really do, I've been an avid movie goer since childhood (I'm 53 now), I've grown up watching many of your guests, and to be standing in front of them to get an autograph and/or a photoshoot and to shake their hands to say thanks for their contribution for my entertainment is nothing short of awesome, but I think like someone else has mentioned if you are going to make these events bigger, either get to a bigger venue i.e. Exell over 2 or 3 halls or limit the people to a more comfortable level

Thanks for listening

• Like 2

We only went on Sunday, and didn't plan on trying to meet Stan Lee so managed to get everything we wanted to done with relative ease.

My comments then would be on queuing inside the venue - specifically for autographs within the central block of guests. Both of us commented while walking around it could have done with some sort of barrier/rope to segregate from people just walking around and the guests on the very corner. Also noticed some very changeable VQ number listings (while we were in a neighbouring queue one went from 0-250 to 0-150 - there were some quite miffed queuers at that point from what we could hear) and confusion.

Some benches inside the venue wouldn't go amiss as well, but I can understand space and access hinder this.

Abberline, have you just joined up cause trouble? Cos your posts have not been all that nice so far. I know things have got heated on here but that appears to be calming down, so please don't start it again!

I think he's entitled to express himself as much as the next man or woman (yourself for example). Understandably he's very angry, I know a lot of people who are - people who've spent a lot of time and money to meet their hero only to be disappointed. I don't view it as causing trouble, any more than I view your posts as a being a Showmasters apologist...

• Like 1

Abberline, have you just joined up cause trouble? Cos your posts have not been all that nice so far. I know things have got heated on here but that appears to be calming down, so please don't start it again!

Please can i ask you why you think he is here to start trouble? everything hee said is true, sm don't delete positive threads just negative ones. There sems to be a view by somee that complaints are "out of hand" or "here to cause trouble" i don't get that. He has a valid point, there is however no need for his response to your question, no neeed at all.