setting the record straight

I keep seeing on this forum people saying aww leave stan lee alone he's 92. NO ONE, is blaming stan lee he has done what showmasters has told him to do from the very word go. there is only showmasters to blame for how poor and it was poor LFCC 2014 was, it wasnt bad it was shocking i have never seen so many people crammed into one building no wait make that two buildings as bad as the weekend thats just been. Now there are some of you who had a great time and i am happy for you jealous but happy for you, however you are the vast minority as there are hundreds if not thousands of people who turned up to this event paid thousands of pounds and didnt get what they came for. Now for the show runners of lfcc if you think having a snaking line from one photoshoot through the entire centre of earls court is good management you don't know what your doing, you got greedy oversold this enitre event and because of that you let alot of people down. if this is stans last ever european appearance i feel so sorry for him and his fans because this should have been a celebration of a great man and his devotion to comics and has turned into an absolute horror story. As for jason's lovely little comment of facts not fiction or drama, your competitors know you have failed and word of this has spread like wild fire through every autograph collectors circle on the internet, if you think your beyond reproach then your arrogance blinds you.

Wow reading this comes of a little to strong, I for one don't like the tone of the message. Don't try and speak for everyone, don't assume you know all the facts. I doubt a large number of attendies spent anywhere near a thousand even into the larger hundreds of pounds.

All in all I spent bellow £105 over the weekend and another £230 in advance, those traveling from afar might have spent more but I'm a local lad.

A lot people did not like the tone of Jason's topic title in his reply and this has only resulted in people's posts about their bad experiences getting worded stronger in their negativity, anger and frustration.

Edited by Pabs
  • Like 1

I understand this is a Showmasters forum and that they have every right to remove posts or threads if they wish. However, I believe it would be more respectful to the people who did stick to forum rules for their posts to remain and the thread to be locked instead. Lots of valid and constructive points were made. I only attended Saturday with a pre-paid early bird ticket and the outside queues were disorganised and led to unfairness and chaos and too many people were either crammed into the venue or waiting for ages outside it to no avail. I was one of the luckier ones who did manage to get in after queueing until 10.25. Some people have been in much less fortunate positions than I. I believe that SM need to handle the situation quickly and professionally. I agree that I too did not like the title of Jason's thread. I think over the years SM have shown that they listen to fans through the guests they choose and the fantastic addition of instant printing. I hope that SM continue to listen. Lessons must be learned from this and I think its fair to say that in regards to Stan Lee and other big guests and all the activities planned maybe Showmasters aimed too high and could have expanded their team further before doing a show like this. Maybe selling a limited amount of autograph tickets for big name guests or guests who prove popular with photo ticket sales? This could help fans get a more realistic view of what they can achieve and would make the event a bit more relaxed. This is what many of the big US shows do with popular guests. Also keeping fans updated on ticket sales closer to the event - I did like someone's idea of etickets for those who want to buy nearer to the event. I loved the LFCC with Gillian Anderson and it was beautifully orchestrated by all. SM created a huge event that had so many layers to it that it was always going to attract lots of people but the key is getting people into the venue safely and in an organised manner. Its admirable that SM want to try new things but comic cons are so popular now each company organising them needs to decide on their target market. For example a big US con had Sylvester Stallone recently. They sell autograph and photo tickets online so people know what to expect before they arrive and panic doesn't ensue. Other cons have a couple of headliners and some smaller guests. SM needs to look at attendee suggestions to work out what people want because too many people wanted and were promised too many different things at LFCC 2014

• Like 1

ok that tope message started ok but got a little strong willed half way through. i agree what there were too many people crammed into such a small building. I spent around £150 and most people i spoke to spent 1 to 2 hundred pounds not thousands. but showmaster just need to read the comments good and bad and take it all in and use the comments to improve the next event.

I tried to raise the point about posts (good or bad) that followed the rules should be left on show but they've hidden my thread :(

Your specific one was probably removed because it was just a duplication of something that has been stated elsewhere.

The threads that have been removed since the event are because they broke forum rules in some form or another. In most cases it was multiple posts within a thread.

Now for the show runners of lfcc if you think having a snaking line from one photoshoot through the entire centre of earls court

At what point did this happen? The vast majority of the guests were sat signing in the of the centre of Earls Court.

Maby what might help with posative megative posting is at the end of an event showmaster make a specific tread just got posative and negative comments and make everyone post their comments in that. that way everything stays oin 1 place. it is easier to moderate and everyone can get their comments across. If the showmaster people who trun this forum make sure ALL comments are kept in 1 place then things may get a little less out of controll.