Dealers getting multiple autos

I've seen a lot of complaints about this. Is there an official policy about a limit on things to be signed? And what can the crew do if someone ignores it? They don't have radios, and they won't want to cause a scene in front of the guest.

It does seem unfair if someone is getting dozens of items signed and it prevents others from having a single thing signed.

I think it would be good if there was a limit for a guest VT or not. On the Friday night there was a guest with a very short queue, but the person at the front was getting so much signed, I can't even say how much , but certainly well into double figures and others with lots of different personalisations. I guess they were getting these autos for order for friends I think, rather than a dealer, but it is quite frustrating to join what looks like a short queue when time is tight to get to other things and picture after picture keeps being presented for signing.

The 5 item limit has been stated on here many a time for many a year - why is it then that so many dealers and others are allowed to flout it without SM staff doing anything about it. 3 times I was behind a dealer getting double digit star wars posters signed over the weekend (different dealers wach time...,) every time there were multiple SM staff around who were aware of what was going on and veteran enough to know the limit, but nothing was being done.

I got most of what I wanted signed this weekend but the time wasted behind the dealers did contribute (even if only slightly) to that failure and the guests always seemed disgruntled after the dealers were just going to go out and sell them and make a huge profit...

There are always A4 laminated signs for photo restrictions, food and drinks restrictions in photo areas and rightly so, can we not now get some for the signing limitation too? If these events are going to get more hectic and packed, then this will surely help more people see more stars. It won't affect SM's bottom line as the same number of items are being signed, just for more people. Everyone will be happier, no?

The dealers can arrange a time to come when the queue is quiet, not when there are 75 people packed into a zigzagging area and forces one woman to hyperventilate due to what I imagine is an attack of claustrophobia due to realising she is now going to have to wait an extra 5 mins in the box...

• Like 4

Controling the number of autos per person can't be that hard. The receipt you get when you but your autos only goes up to 5 so only sell one receipt per person.

It's 5 and a blank square for other isn't it?

I've never forgotten the £45 times table on the desk for David Tennants signing. It went up to 20.

Are you sure it wasnt SM staff? We had a girl in front of us in Milo Ventimiglia line getting prepaid autographs done.

Luckily I was one of the first people to see Milo Ventimiglia on Saturday (I think I was in the first 10) I think was 4th or 5th so I avoided that :D

That must be annoying for people though if a dealer is in front of them

Wow... that's amazing.... £1500, and to think s/he's had 4 offers refused too. Wonder what it will eventually go for. Someone will buy it...

Not to mention the myriad number of differently priced unsigned figures too...

Edited by Zahariel

Complete newbie question as i attend purely to purchase merchandise and collectibles but say a guest charges £25 for their autograph and someone takes in 4 items to be signed do they pay £100 for the privilage or £25 ?

Are you sure it wasnt SM staff? We had a girl in front of us in Milo Ventimiglia line getting prepaid autographs done.

none of the people i saw getting multiple items signed were SM staff.This was happening all along the line of customers lucky enough to get into Stan's signing on friday proberbly becuase they realised this was their best and only chance.I saw 3 dealers ( i know them over the years from other conventions and being out and about at premiers and theatres so i know they are nothing to do with SM) get over 10 items each signed in front of me. They were quite open about it because the SM staff just took the money and nobody said a word about limits ( because there was none).