Photoshoots

Seemed to run very smoothly, crew were very helpful particularly with clashes.

Just wondered though, one photographer took 2 photos with me and a guest. I was asked to choose one. the other was put in a box. What happens to that one?

The two problems I had with the photoshoots were:

The location of Photo Area A as it was blocked by queues and book talk, so it was difficult to get close enough to hear the staff there. Oddly, the rough plan had it in a much better place.

Secondly, there were two complete pricks in the second Summer Glau photo shoot, one guy let his friend cut in line (this was the proper winding queue where people were being let in by ticket number) and when someone called him out they were extremely aggressive towards him (angrily saying stuff like "Do you know who you're talking to?") as well as making fun of him for being a nerd (which made me wonder why were they even at the event). Not Showmaster's fault, but I think it's worth calling them out.

Still, the experience once in the area was great, and the staff started the sorting second Jemma Coleman queue ahead of schedule so it was very well organised.

Just wondered though, one photographer took 2 photos with me and a guest. I was asked to choose one. the other was put in a box. What happens to that one?

I saw a load of the "failed" Stan Lee ones. They had been ripped in half, with only the Stan Lee part being on the table. I have no idea what happened to the other half.

Edited by Cube1701

Seemed to run very smoothly, crew were very helpful particularly with clashes.

It goes on the SM Canteen wall for laughs :poki:

• Like 2

Photographer will usually take a 2nd if the 1st doesn't look good enough. You then have to choose between the 2 as you've only paid for the 1 pic. The discarded 1 will just go in the bin.

Yeah made all my photos though nearly missed my one on photo area E. Which stupid person thought it would be clever to detach it from D and F and have it quite some distance away with masses of people to get through. Still made it but only cause I ran!

• Like 3

I had to have a second photo with Carrie taken. Managed to collect both when printed, have no idea why the second photo was taken though as the first one was fine other than it was just me and Carrie whereas the second also included her dog

I've not seen the photographer with the Hawaiian shirts for a while, think his name was Malcolm? Does he still do these?

Sadly no...he is missed greatly by me... :(

He was so polite....I still remember his "Thank you Ma'am" fondly.. :D

Oh and can I add I never had a badly shot photo op with him.......

Edited by discodiva
  • Like 2

I enjoyed meeting Slavitza Jovan (Gozer from Ghostbusters) she seemed very shy but kind enough to personalise the autograph on my photo

afterwards which was great :smile:

But the whole highlight of my day & I really do mean that was that I had the most amazing experience/photo shoot ever,one of the best things to ever

happen in my entire life was for me to finally meet Terry Farrell,she really is so sweet & a very glamourous lady too,I had a huge crush on her back

when DS9 first came on British TV & when I first saw Hellraiser 3 on VHS (at far too young an age,but then we've all done that)

& that crush never left me,she just keeps on looking stunning,I think I'm in love :wub2:

Anyway I was so nervous & a bit shy when I queued at the photoshoot,but she really made me & indeed all the other fans who had photos with her

on that Saturday feel ever so welcome & she was even kind enough to personalise the autograph to me afterwards & shake hands with me :smile:

I'm going to get my photo framed,I love it,really pleased,such a lovely memento of a great time meeting this gorgeous woman who truly loves her fans :clap:

Many thanks to Showmasters for getting her to attend,please bring her back again :smile:

zwmf5i.jpg

• Like 2

not all the photoshoots went well. the Anthony Head one over ran and this caused the Issac (Brandon Stark) shoot to be cancelled.

one red shout emerged from the photo section and shouted out that it had been cancelled before retreating back into the photo zone leaving no one to inform people who arrived and were still looking for a single photoshoot with Issac.

it was left with fellow convention attendee's to pass on the information, naturally you want that knowledge first hand and not from the public but there was a general shortage of staff and even fewer competent staff as my experience on sunday having a photoshoot with Billy Dee Willaims proved when i tried arguing with a blue shirted crew member that i was a gold ticket and we are supposed to have priorty.

i complained to a red shirt inside the photoshoot with Billy Dee Williams and was at least given a curt apologiy

That is not the reason Isaac's shoot was cancelled, he had never apparently agreed to do a single shoot, only the double with Kristian.

im assuming you are a member of staff or part of the showmasters crew to make that statement...because it was a red shirt woman with short blonde hair and glasses that told me that issacs photoshoot was cancelled due to anthony heads over running...then again it doesnt surprise me that the information that she gave me was wrong i had that all day from every staff member i talked too

With regards to the question about what happens to the other photos when the photographer takes two or more then yeah, like said above, I guess they just end up in the bin which is a shame really but hey whet can you do.

It's happened to me often and I've been told to choose one but I heard of a few people over the weekend at various shoots who said this had happened and they were allowed to keep them both..so I don't know what the 'official rule' is, if there even is one lol

That is not the reason Isaac's shoot was cancelled, he had never apparently agreed to do a single shoot, only the double with Kristian.

im assuming you are a member of staff or part of the showmasters crew to make that statement...because it was a red shirt woman with short blonde hair and glasses that told me that issacs photoshoot was cancelled due to anthony heads over running...then again it doesnt surprise me that the information that she gave me was wrong i had that all day from every staff member i talked too

I am not a member of staff nor was I crewing, but I do know what I'm talking about, as the comment below mine shows. Several people were told that, the person that told you otherwise was incorrect.