TrailerFest

I agree with Dent_1. How can trailers be a big draw? In this day and age of the internet, youtube, imdb, etc; how/why would any big movie project keep its trailer hidden until a simple convention in the UK?

What did you expect to see? A trailer for Avengers 3? Iron Man 5? Even the most casual nerds who only glance at movie news occasionally are far far ahead in terms of awareness of what's coming and knowing where to find the latest official/leaked trailers, than any corporate event at a convention is EVER going to be. If a trailer has been made, then it will be on the internet somewhere, you'll have already found it, and an official "preview" of it won't happen until weeks after you've watched it a hundred times.

It's like how there are still newspapers reporting the "Bronies" phenomenon as a new thing, when any nerd involved in nerdy stuff obviously knows the "movement" has been around for years already. Mainstream stuff is always going to be light years behind.

Well, being a bit less harsh, I guess the question I'm really scratching my head over is what would have not been a disappointment for you? What could the event have shown, given the reality of which trailers at this point do and do not exist, that would have pleased you?

I guess maybe they could have done a retro thing and shown every comicbook movie trailer from Spider-Man 1 to The Avengers 2, on a loop? Something like that might have been fun to watch once.

I agree with the OP.

Those familiar with the US comic cons occasionally show off a new trailer before it actually is available on the internet. If you remember the first Man of Steel trailer was shows at SDCC in 2012, and the only way to watch it was to have been there or watch a video someone would of recorded on their mobile.

The first Batman vs Superman Trailer will be shown this year at SDCC.

So there was a chance that LFCC could of had a exclusive trailer on a new film or something before it hit the internet.

I agree with the OP.

Those familiar with the US comic cons occasionally show off a new trailer before it actually is available on the internet.

So there was a chance that LFCC could of had a exclusive trailer on a new film or something before it hit the internet.

If I went to SDCC and the trailer event was something I'd already seen, then yeah I'd be disappointed. Especially since (as you just mentioned) SDCC specifically advertises precisely which awesome unseen trailer it is going to premiere, as an intergral part of the convention's appeal. But LFCC?

I expect awesome advertisements during halftime at the Superbowl. I don't however expect the same thing during a break in Tennis.

I agree with the OP.

Those familiar with the US comic cons occasionally show off a new trailer before it actually is available on the internet.

If I went to SDCC and the trailer event was something I'd already seen, then yeah I'd be disappointed. Especially since (as you just mentioned) SDCC specifically advertises precisely which awesome unseen trailer it is going to premiere, as an intergral part of the convention's appeal. But LFCC?

I expect awesome advertisements during halftime at the Superbowl. I don't however expect the same thing during a break in Tennis.

It was the same with Guardians of the Galaxy at SDCC. They had a trailer there after only 2 weeks of filming!! I can understand why OP would think what they did.

Just because a trailerfest may not be a big thing doesn't mean you are free to treat it and the people attending like crap. I was also in attendance and found it incredible that they would show three trailers again and again for a full hour. Even as a way to fill time, that is idiotic. You have Youtube at your disposal... all you need to do is spend like 15 minutes beforehand to gather an hour worth of trailers. The fact that it was actually advertised as a big thing is even more stupid.

It's not even all about the big blockbusters. There are plenty of smaller and independent films coming out that would welcome the opportunity; if anyone had bothered to ask. And i'm sure that would have atleast added to what was shown. It is supposed to be partly a film convention afterall. How about showing some fan films for example?

I'm pretty sure they showed those trailers before some of the talks during the day anyway? Kind of makes the idea of a special screening abit moot.

Edited by benweblight
  • Like 1

Thanks to those who are also sticking up for it. As said it was entirely possible they could have got a trailer for a really big film, or lots of indie trailers.

I also expected many trailers for TV shows. A whole host of new US shows are starting in Sept. Also could have had new doctor who trailer or Downton Abbey or any other popular British dramas

• Like 6

I watched all three trailers 3 times each in one go, because I was happy of the seat. A dude in front of me started doing a little dance during the turtles trailer which was certainly unexpected :lol:

Edited by stevie_g

• Showmasters Admin

Trailer Fest was something we put together after we had feed back from companies asking to show trailers at the event we starter to expect a lot of them so we put time in the program for screening some of them , then up the days coming up to the show we lost one or two of them and then on the day some more dropped out , its something we tried and it was not delivered on, i will say this it was not that interesting this time but we should go for it again and this time tie people into this , we never would have thought people would pull out of screening ads for there films but this did happen, its not a big disaster we just did not have many of the things we thought we were getting we will do it again next year and get it right then , its better to have started this year and we will get it full on at next years show.

Sorry it was not as full of trailers as he had hoped.

• Like 8