Did you see any forum celebrities?

One person that makes a Showmasters convention for myself and my con buddies, isn't on the forums (not that i know about) is the (we believe) head security guard.

Not the head of security as far as I'm aware. Going by your description.

It's true. I can't keep up with it. Sometimes people hate me. Sometimes people love me. It's like Game of Thrones or something.

Can we nickname you Marmite from now on then? ;)

• Like 2

I saw DavidB outside whilst we were queuing for the GoT screening...but he was surrounded by people so I didn't say hi.

I spotted KingRichard in the queue early morning outside the gates...and I think I saw TooTall. Again...too shy to say hi!! :blush:

There's no need to be shy, in regards to me. :) Next time feel free to say "Howdy" :)

I spotted KingRichard in the queue early on on my way to tescos. He was sat on a chair about 10 from the front. He looked gutted he was'nt first tbh :). There was a guy with a sleeping bag who was 1st, anyone know if he spent the night outside?

Yep, my trusted camping stool, an old duffer like me needs to take it easy at my age, especially knowing how much foot work had to be done later on.

I spotted TooTall yesterday and Saturday; told DavidB off for tweeting Saturday near the dragon's skull and saw KingRichard on Saturday but I was in an autograph queue at the time and when I finished I'd lost sight of him.

Which autograph queue? Whereabouts was I?

Met kingrichard in Carrie fishers autograph queue on Saturday.

It was nice to meet you, had a lovely conversation and it certainly kept the time going fast. You were cool to meet :)

I think we really need to consider the fact that there's more that 1 king Richard because he was everywhere.

Partly its down to my long legs, and my tenacity to get to places asap. :)

Saw King Richard but too far to say hello (sorry KR). If an angry looking red faced dude asked you to stand up as you were causing bottlenecks and were a fire hazard then congratulations, you met me! :angry2:

Whereabouts were you and where was I? (No apologies needed)

KingRichard is a celebrity? whats going on lol "im out of it for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur"

I also saw the king, mostly around the star wars guests, he comforted me after I had a terrible experience on Saturday at LFCC, so thanks again for that.

Oh tell me about it, this is certainly news to me. :)

When I saw you come from where you were I had deep concerns and wanted to make sure you were ok, the look on your face is something I won't ever forget, if I hadn't have been so loaded up at the time I would have given you a massive manhug, am glad you're ok now :)

Everyone loves King Richard!

Stop it you ;) You're gonna give me a big head!

Oh apologies to king richard for not making the essex meetup...It was such a busy day I gave up the idea of shuffling back over to the batmobile in the end.

No apologies needed. Around 16:45 we were in the line for Summer and my Friend had booked the carpark for five and time was running out, thankfully we met Summer when we did, afterwards. went to see Robert Hays and then Tracey Eddon, then Dani Divine and by that time I was more or less dead on my feet- and wanted to get back to the car. Felt bad that I didn't make it back to EC 1 I'm hoping this can be rectified next time :)

I was there in my capacity as the official Voice of Reason round here but no-one wanted to meet me :(

Always want to meet you :)

KingRichard is a celebrity? whats going on lol "im out of it for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur"

Lol

Time moves on, power shifts and allegiances change :)

Its how it sometimes is in thy Kingdom.
There were a number of people whom I met on Saturday, some I've never met before who kindly introduced themselves said "Hi." "Hi King Richard." and was always nice to see Friends I've made on here either those I've long been acquainted with or indeed new ones who introduced themsevles to me either in line whether it be Autograph lines or Photoshoot lines. and indeed crew members/pit bosses who (in my opinion were doing a thoroughly good job especially towards the end of the day.
It was truly nice to meet everyone I did- made for an even more special day :)
P.S. It was a nice touch when one of loyal subjects indeed did *Bow Majestically* damn! I'd have loved to of got a video of that- no seriously this actually happened- now I wish I'd bought my Lightsaber along so I could have properly knighted my loyal subject. :)

• Moderators

It's true. I can't keep up with it. Sometimes people hate me. Sometimes people love me. It's like Game of Thrones or something.

Haha even I hate that! :P

To be fair, if I ever meet people they usually realise I'm not a complete spam so that's always nice :P

• Like 1

I was there in my capacity as the official Voice of Reason round here but no-one wanted to meet me :(

Says the guy who saw me and walked the other way :lol:

ooops :) I'm sure I was on a very important mission, or just so stressed I only realised it was you afterwards.

It's ok, I'll get Jason to put a tracker in your Gold pass next time lol.

If I can afford one next time. Bit concerned about the talk of special packages for specific guests, could undermine the value of the passes even more but there were far too many this time and even with it I found the event was a lot more stressful than normal.

Did spot TT but then he is not called Too Tall for being an extra as a hobbit.

One person that makes a Showmasters convention for myself and my con buddies, isn't on the forums (not that i know about) is the (we believe) head security guard. A middle aged guy, not the tallest, shaved head (possibly bald but i wouldn't say that to his face) and one look from him puts you in your place, but that said i have overheard a couple of issues he has sorted out and common sense and reasonable win out. So that's out main SM person we like to see each time, then run away as he is one scary dude :D.

TT definitely not a ironic nick name.

Haha even I hate that! :P

To be fair, if I ever meet people they usually realise I'm not a complete spam so that's always nice :P

I was using internet forums back in 1999 and we used to have regular meet-ups and you soon discovered that the online persona was an accentuated version of the real life person but without that meeting up you could think someone was a real

a**e.