Tips from the coach.

This is for all you complainers Out there.

I just think that thinking you Will get in fast or at all on this big a convention without buying tickets online is just stupid. U take a big risk not buying and just showing up. And i had to wait hours and hours to grab all my autographs and photoshoot i wanted, it's a fulltime jobb. You snooze you lose. ;) If you really want someones autographs you wait around the area.

AND perhaps the most importantly.

There are OTHER People Who wanna see and meet the same person you are after. So this is how you do it. You get in line, pay up, and when it's you'r turn. You say hello, maybe shake hands. Get your autograph(s) MAYBE a posed photo If it's okey and you leave. NOT that hard. If everyother person stopped telling their lifestory for the celebs more People could get their chance to meet their idol to. Stop thinking only on yourself. Next time it's you not getting up there cause some nitwit is talking the day away...

Edited by Gamabunta
  • Like 2

When i met Milo he seemed genuinely happy to talk to people :). I spoke to him for about a minute i thin, and in the photo shoot he remembered me so got about another 10 seconds maybe a bit more or less.

As for your comment on pre buying tickets, i completely agree

Agree on the meeting thing, i usualy say hello ask the them how they are and if they are enjoying themselves and that's usually it, maybe quick photo. today however i had a 9.30 photo shoot and walked past a certain Guests queue , with 4 people in it, nice i though ,20minutes later i'm still 4 people back as they will not stop talking , taking a multitude of photos and going on and on, next up is a trader with a huge stack of photos at that point i gave up as i had to get to the shoot...

Totally agree! It's nice when you can have a little chat but not your life story unless their is no one behind you. Again order online queue up early, get VQ tickets, have a plan but consider not getting everyone, then enjoy your day. It never fails me and not just at SM events.

Folk have this conception of turning up at midday thinking they can walk straight in and if they can, they will meet everyone. Small problem with that is everyone else has thought the same, so 20000 folk stood outside or in queues for autos. Good luck!

If you are lucky enough to get in, there is only so many people a guest can see and if the numbers are 0-650 its bescause numbers 300-400 might not turn up so they edge their bets.

I just think SM are damned if they do and damned if they don't!

• Like 1

Agree on the meeting thing, i usualy say hello ask the them how they are and if they are enjoying themselves and that's usually it, maybe quick photo. today however i had a 9.30 photo shoot and walked past a certain Guests queue , with 4 people in it, nice i though ,20minutes later i'm still 4 people back as they will not stop talking , taking a multitude of photos and going on and on, next up is a trader with a huge stack of photos at that point i gave up as i had to get to the shoot...

I spoke to Milo Ventimiglia bit as I was one of the first to see him on Saturday I spoke to him on a couple of things which I think he was happy to, considering an hour late he rembrwd me in the photoshoot :D

Don't be an ass.

I agree with buying tickets online, it's the way to go, always has been always will be.

But that issue was small compared to all the other problems on Saturday. Crowd control, over-crowding, health & safety issues, lack of communication.... the list goes on.

Edited by Clarkey
  • Like 1

I just think that thinking you Will get in fast or at all on this big a convention without buying tickets online is just stupid. U take a big risk not buying and just showing up. And i had to wait hours and hours to grab all my autographs and photoshoot i wanted, it's a fulltime jobb. You snooze you lose. ;) If you really want someones autographs you wait around the area.

A redundant point considering the staff told some that they were waiting for those advanced ticket holders who had not shown up yet. This easy to think of point is invalid.

There are OTHER People Who wanna see and meet the same person you are after. So this is how you do it. You get in line, pay up, and when it's you'r turn. You say hello, maybe shake hands. Get your autograph(s) MAYBE a posed photo If it's okey and you leave. NOT that hard. If everyother person stopped telling their lifestory for the celebs more People could get their chance to meet their idol to. Stop thinking only on yourself. Next time it's you not getting up there cause some nitwit is talking the day away...

I'll bite. It's so good for a seasoned event goer to 'know the score', but what about all the newbies? There are people who are first event was this event, only not to get in.

There also who turn up on the spur of the moment.

All those who just turn on the day probably read on the website, in bold red text "there still plenty of entry tickets to the event can now only be bought on a first come first served basis at the show", the assume that there are "plenty". (Yes I know it's says first come first served).

I think the main 'problem' is that there are so many people have bought pre-booked tickets / gold and silver passes. (So the events full before others turn up on the day).

So the real question here is should LFCC just be a pre-booked ticket only event?

If so, the complaints will be that people could not get a ticket, Showmasters website going down due to over demand, tickets being prioritised to dealers .

Okay let me reply to this because I imagine many other people could have been in a similar situation.

I purchased all my tickets beforehand, including standard entry and photoshoot. I had one main guest I wanted to meet.. Lena Headey. So I first thought to myself I don't need to be there before 11am, it's one guest I'm planning to meet. It wasn't till later on that me and my mate decided to go early bird to get her autograph as well. However we were not paying an extra £15 on top of the £8 we had paid for entry, so we were told to join pay on the day queue to upgrade, resulting in only paying £7 more. We knew this in advance, so we woke up and met for 5.45am to then catch the train and tube which took us to the venue for 8.30am. We could not afford to stay overnight in London, and this was the best we could do, especially waking up at 4AM and not getting back till 12.30AM the next day. We were a couple of the lucky ones who got in for 10.30.

But please don't call people stupid in general, they could have purchased standard just like we did and realised they needed to upgrade. We all expected it to be busy but not THAT busy. The organisation wasn't at its best... even later on for the GoT screening ran so late because they started it nearly an hour late, yet we were all queueing up for it as soon as we were told to, and then we nearly missed our train.

Many of your points are valid and I agree with them - whilst it would be nice for us all to have a chance to chat with the guests especially if it's someone you really admire and have been dying to meet for ages the fact is that signing events especially for the more popular events are like a conveyor belt - it has to be really. that way more people get to go through even if the experience is less than they were expecting. I personally would prefer a chance to get something signed and be rushed through rather than nothing at all.

However your first paragraph is extremely annoying. I offer you my congratulations on your physic ability of knowing before hand every single guest SM will announce. As SM continue to make guest announcements AFTER the online shop has closed how do you propose that people pre buy tickets to see those people? Yes it is an all day job getting photo's and auto's for a lot of guests and no one should expect to be able to do all that in an hour or so especially if they arrive later. However if you only want 1 or 2 things (things that you should under usual circumstances have no issues doing), or those who are only announced after it is impossible to buy a ticket what would you recommend people do?

It would be wonderful to know before the shop closes on line all the guests that are attending but if people are still announced after this you cannot turn around and say 'oh well tough luck', even though we are still told you can buy on the day.

Edited by Raylenth