Ian McDiarmid - Sunday

He was really nice, took the Time to introduce himself to me and my girlfriend (as if he needed to!), shake our hands, and asked where I would like him to sign my Return of the Jedi picture. He complimented on my "fight for the Empire" T-shirt which was cool. No rushed signature, very polite and friendly, great guest.

Just glad i got my four items of him signed one of them being my beloved chronicles book. By pure chance his autograph in it became the 66TH sig in it how cool is that? Plus his will be the only one to have signed in red sharpie.

If I'm getting an autograph from someone, the actual autograph is secondary to me, I'm paying to "meet" the guest as far as I'm concerned, even if I only exchange a couple of words. I never do anything with my autographs afterwards, they're just a means to an end.

What DO you do with them?!?

If I'm getting an autograph from someone, the actual autograph is secondary to me, I'm paying to "meet" the guest as far as I'm concerned, even if I only exchange a couple of words. I never do anything with my autographs afterwards, they're just a means to an end.

honestly nothing, they just end up in a big box if I remember to put them in there. I always get them personalised as I have no interest in selling them either. I'm a bit of a hoarder so they just end up in yet another box that's cluttering up my flat lol.

• Like 1

sorry mate, no disrespect to you but i pissed myself laughing at everyone who paid £70 for Ian's autograph as there was a vender selling it for £30 and it was framed to boot !

Despite your claims you're not missing the point, I really think you are. It's not necessarily about cost, or time spent queuing, or even a frame(!)

As an avid autograph collector I NEVER buy signed stills. I get them in person or not at all.

1. So I can meet the person who's work I enjoy/respect.

2. So I know the autograph is genuine.

3. So I can pick what image is signed.

4. So I can pick what pen I'd used to enhance the signature.

5. So I can get personalisations, quotes etc if they are offered.

All of the above makes the autograph infinitely more personal and uniquely yours. The McDiarmid on the stall could have been £3 and I wouldn't have wanted it.

Don't you think the fact you saw it for sale at all (i.e. It hadn't been snapped up!) at a show where people wanted an Ian McDiarmid autograph is a good indicator that £30 or not, it doesn't compare to getting your own?

• Like 8

honestly nothing, they just end up in a big box if I remember to put them in there. I always get them personalised as I have no interest in selling them either. I'm a bit of a hoarder so they just end up in yet another box that's cluttering up my flat lol.

Do you ever look at them or even like having them?

If not I'd stop with the personalisations and sell them on in future to support you hobby of just meeting the guests! ;)

Ian was fantastic when we met him at 5.30 on Sunday... I had thought we would miss him, but luckily they did first come first served after his last photo shoot.

I wanted to get him to sign something in particular so didn't mind the cost.

I had heard he was a bit of a misery, but he was still smiling and happy to chat and sign even at that time.

image.jpg image.jpg

These are superb!

Do you make the labels yourself? Was the light sabre one home made or did it come with the item blank and you got it signed over the weekend?

Really looks superb!

Do you ever look at them or even like having them?

If not I'd stop with the personalisations and sell them on in future to support you hobby of just meeting the guests! ;)

I dont think there's much point trying to sell autographs these days. Whenever I see autographs for sale on ebay for example, they are much less than I would have paid to get mine, or there's no way of knowing they're real. I dont get over the table pictures mostly as I dont like them and never take pictures while they're being signed, so I have no proof that they're genuine other than my word and there's so many fakes for sale online, I dont really think they sell that well. I dont really look at them again but I just like knowing they're there and one day I'll probably show them to my daughter and reminisce.

• Like 1

two sides to this I always get my autos in person BUT when you see that same persons auto from a dealer for far less than what you have/going to pay it does make you think how much is being made at our expense. But at the end of the day by getting them yourself is better than just buying from a dealer. Like everything else though it comes down to personal choice.

Ian was fantastic when we met him at 5.30 on Sunday... I had thought we would miss him, but luckily they did first come first served after his last photo shoot.

I had heard he was a bit of a misery, but he was still smiling and happy to chat and sign even at that time.image.jpg image.jpg

C

These are superb!

Do you make the labels yourself? Was the light sabre one home made or did it come with the item blank and you got it signed over the weekend?

Really looks superb!

The lightsaber is made by Master Replicas and is a stunning prop replica, and is even 18kt Gold plated in areas. You can pick these up on forums or eBay for £250/300.

They made the sabers/blasters etc for all the main chracters, even the thermal detonator, Jedi remote and emporers cane!

They come with limited edition or signatures depending on the item, unfortunately the Sidious saber never had an official signature version, so I got the plaque made and got him to sign it.

I get the plaques made from a guy in the States, about £6 each.

sorry mate, no disrespect to you but i pissed myself laughing at everyone who paid £70 for Ian's autograph as there was a vender selling it for £30 and it was framed to boot !

Despite your claims you're not missing the point, I really think you are. It's not necessarily about cost, or time spent queuing, or even a frame(!)

As an avid autograph collector I NEVER buy signed stills. I get them in person or not at all.

1. So I can meet the person who's work I enjoy/respect.

2. So I know the autograph is genuine.

3. So I can pick what image is signed.

4. So I can pick what pen I'd used to enhance the signature.

5. So I can get personalisations, quotes etc if they are offered.

All of the above makes the autograph infinitely more personal and uniquely yours. The McDiarmid on the stall could have been £3 and I wouldn't have wanted it.

Don't you think the fact you saw it for sale at all (i.e. It hadn't been snapped up!) at a show where people wanted an Ian McDiarmid autograph is a good indicator that £30 or not, it doesn't compare to getting your own?

This!

I had heard he was a bit of a misery, but he was still smiling and happy to chat and sign even at that time.image.jpg image.jpg

C

These are superb!

Really looks superb!

The lightsaber is made by Master Replicas and is a stunning prop replica, and is even 18kt Gold plated in areas. You can pick these up on forums or eBay for £250/300.

They made the sabers/blasters etc for all the main chracters, even the thermal detonator, Jedi remote and emporers cane!

They come with limited edition or signatures depending on the item, unfortunately the Sidious saber never had an official signature version, so I got the plaque made and got him to sign it.

Really awesome- enjoy them!

Managed to meet Ian on the Sunday, one of the main reasons for attending. Got a VQ ticket of 300+ so kept checking to see how long i had to wait, by 2pm he was up to 0-250 do i decided to ask the SM member if i could (ahem) jump the queue and to my surprise was allowed to do so (result!).

Waited patiently in line like everyone else and me & my two boys eventually got to meet him. I thought he was quiet but polite, shaking hands and delicately signed his name with personalisation (bonus).

I tried to get a sneaky pic near the front of the queue but was being watched carefully by staff and so this was not possible (sigh, although the staff member did say " enjoy the rest of the show").

Overall my experience with Ian was a good one and not many people can say they've shaken hands with the Emperor, £70 or not if i'd come away without meeting him the show would've been a complete disappointment for me and my boys too; for this reason i have to thank SM for getting him there in the first place.

Is there a PM system on here, I don't want to leave his email address in an open forum... I tried the feed on your profile... Not sure if it worked?

Can you give me anymore details about the guy who makes the plaques.

I think they look really good.

yes but how do you know its real from the vendor for 30 quid or where they got it from, at least for the 70 quid you see it done yourself. don't tell me everything in the venue sold by vendors is genuine. Its not :)

Edited by loveamyadams

For those asking about the plaques, his name is Rich, his email is feezlenuts@gmail.com, please tell him Marty referred you as I have told him to expect a couple from here to contact him.

He can make most shapes and sizes, and with virtually any design. He can't do certain logos for copyright reasons, such as Lucas arts, or master replicas etc.

Let me know how you get on

Thanks

• Like 1

I didn't made Ian Mcdiarmid. My money run out :spew:

and later I was exhausted and i had some other priorities :whistling: Sure I could buy an autograph anywhere maybe for less but it wouldn't be the same. I prefer to pay £ 70.00 and meet and get it in person than to buy it somewhere else.