Experiences with Guests!

Only went today, so all these are from this morning:

Edward James Olmos - quiet, but friendly. Made eye contact, shook my hand and thanked me for coming. Personalised my autographs with a quote, without me asking.

Jamie Bamber - top bloke, very down to earth and happy to chat/take posed photos. On his feet the whole time (at least while I was queuing) and really made people feel welcome. Also personalised w/quote.

Michael Madsen - I was both hugely looking forward to meeting him, and also slightly dreading it, because my impression of him as an actor/person doesn't necessarily mesh with the type of person who'll happily sit behind a desk at a signing event, shaking hands and exchanging small talk. Happy to say that he was great to meet - very laid back and waaaay too cool for school. He looked at the photo I'd brought of him and Jennifer Tilly in "The Getaway" for a minute and gave a raspy laugh and said, "Man, I had some fun times making that movie." Again happy to personalise, and great to meet the legend and shake his hand!

Summer Glau - looong queue, so it was a very brief meeting when I got to the front, but she was lovely, made eye contact, again personalised w/ quote without me asking. And as pretty as she is on screen, she's twice as gorgeous in person - a stunner!

Carrie Fisher - 45 mins in the queue, again a brief encounter, but she was polite and friendly to me, happily personalised for me even though we'd all been warned in the queue that she wouldn't do so. Got the once over from Gary the dog as well - seemed a well-behaved dog!

Glenn Morshower - lovely guy, would have loved to chat for longer, but he had a steady stream of people waiting.

Had also planned to meet Michael Biehn, but decided not to after some comments here and at the event that he wasn't in the best of moods/on top form. I've met him before and had a pleasant experience, so didn't want to spoil that memory if he was having a bad day now.

Photoshoots: Glenn Morshower, Edward James Olmos, Michael Madsen, all were friendly, said hi, shook hands, arm round your shoulder, thanks for coming. No complaints at all.

So that's my two cents anyway.

Edited by DMG

T J Thyne was absolutely amazing. He was the only guest I saw and he didnt let me down at all. Absolute sweetheart. Chatted properly to everyone. We all got a hug or two and a photo and some extra little bit. He also remembered my name in the photo sudio three hours later. Love him!

I also got a dragonfly thing, I'm not a fan of bugs but for him I would make an exception <3

I hate bugs of all kinds and told him so which I think is why he tried to pretty it up a bit, he was such a sweetie so I made an exception too 😃💜

Signings:

Only two as only there for the day.

Glen Morshower: Genuinely great guy. Shook hands had a good chat. Dedicated the signing to my wife with a small passage. Leant over for a photo, his steward(?) was struggling with my phone for the pic and he said "you know what, put that down we'll hug all day". My wife was touched by what he wrote.

Jeremy Bulloch: What a gentleman. I took my custom EE-3 carbine rifle in to be signed. He said "oh one of these, not seen one in a while." He picked it up and started checking to out, looking down the sight etc . He loved it and signed the stock. I ask if Boba was making a comeback his reply "always room for a comeback!"

Photo shoot:

In order I had them taken.

Stan Lee: Nothing to say here really. Walk on, snap, walk off. He looked tired though and in was on the first seassion and number 793...

Kenny Baker: Nice guy. Looked tired but he still smiled and had a chat with. Shook hands.

Terry Farrell: What a lovely lady. I had just rushed from Kenny Baker and was the last person to have my pic with her. She said "What's it like to be last" smiled and laughed. I was so star struck with her though and couldn't string anything together to say.

Casper van Dien and Dina Meyer (Dual shoot): What can I say. Heaven in a booth! These guys were great. Very interactive. Various poses for photos. Fell in love with them both all over again.

Jeremy Bulloch (in costume): Pure geekasm. I'm am building my own Mandalorian armour so this was great to see it up close. I took my signed blaster into the shoot too. He said "ah that again!"!! He was not happy having a photo with a guy in an England shirt though. Was funny, he said "an England shirt? Really?" And rolled his eyes. I thought he was gonna refuse to take it.

Edited by Simmy_82

Really pleased with guests I met today and did anticipate the conveyor belt approach with some guests. So here is my run down:

Lena Headey (photo): Very smiley and bubbly, greeting everyone warmly from what I saw and I got a lovely photo.

Summer Glau (photo): Very pleasant and played along with some special requests in photos.

Emporers Throne: Didn't say much but let me sit on it

Al Snow (photo and auto): One of my favourite wrestlers, even more so now as he was so nice and posed well in every photo I saw.

George A Romero (auto): Quite a surprise here, he was so nice and extremely humble, a real pleasure to meet.

Curtis Armstrong (auto): really chatty and nice to meet, got a nice picture with him too.

Dina Meyer (auto): Another great surprise, so friendly and still stunning.

TJ Thyne (auto): My wife had a photo with him which we got signed. Without a doubt the nicest, friendliest and most engaging guest I have ever met. He made us feel so comfortable and he was so down to earth. The fact that he had gifts for every person seeing him as well was not something I have ever encountered. He quote literally made the day special.

I only did two photoshoots - I tend to limit myself to one or two guests due to money (and to save myself from disappointment). Also, I only do photoshoots as I have to travel from Manchester.

Anyway:

Summer Glau: She was very nice extremely expressive - I saw her do the "seriously" face a few times (I think people asked her to for the photo) and put her arm around everyone (both for people who asked). She also made eye contact with everyone, which was definitely nice.

Jenna Coleman: She was apparently already feeling ill in the morning, so I'm surprised she even made it to the 5PM photo shoot considering the heat and stuffiness. She was sitting down but still said hi/thanks and spoke to a couple of people, and she smiled for every photo, so she definitely put effort in, even though she wasn't feeling well.

Stan Lee - I saw him on Friday before opening. I thanked him about 7 times and he chuckled and said something along the lines of you're welcome but I was too busy freaking out to notice exactly what he said.

Milo Ventimiglia - Fav guest. Got a seriously amazing over the table photo with him (our faces touched it is a moment I shall never forget...or probably stop thinking about.) He seemed so happy to be there and was just amazing *swoon*

Jason Mewes - It was great that he was over the other side of the table but whilst I was with him he spoke to the man/manager/friend instead of me which was a bit sad.

Jamie Bamber - He was really sweet but not terribly chatty. There again, despite being a fan, I struggled with something to say. That has been an eye opener, some people I was confident with and others I sucked and it wasn't nerves, I wasn't nervous to meet Jamie at all.

David Wenham - This was a massive deal for me and I am pretty sure he thought I was super weird. I bought him a LOTR thing to sign and he signed it with both his name and Faramir. I was all over the place and talking utter **** but he just smiled politely as if I wasn't a total tool.

Lena Headey - She was lovely for the Autograph, I asked her how her weekend was going and she said how shocked she was by the amount of people who had turned up. She was fanning herself and a little overwhlemed maybe but still super nice. I had a photo with her today that was good but very quick with zero communication on her part.

Summer Glau - Second fav guest. She was so busy but still managed to have a chat with me. Again she mentioned how crazy everything was and how massive her queue was. I had a picture of her and the cast from Firefly drawn like a comic book panel and she really liked it. She personalised with a firefly quote as well. I was super pleased.

Gethin Anthony - I met him this morning. He was really nice and complimented my T-Shirt (which was Mavel related) I took a picture with him which was good.

Finn Jones - Last person I met. He was nice but looked a little tired and over it. He was chatty but didn't stand up for the photo which was fine but I didn't know what to do with myself so I ended up half crouching/laying on the table which was a little funny and a little wierd.

Most of the people I met were really down to earth, I was pretty happy : )

• Like 1

Over three days i met 30 guests but high lights were in no particular order. Summer glau liked my triple shot from scc and on my other photo as Cameron she personalised and put a quote on it. Ian mcdiarmid what a gent seemed honoured to be the only person to have signed my chronicles book in red. ( by chance he is the 66TH to have signed it. John hurt well what can i say? Total gentleman and he signed my four items perfectly with the pens i provided. Sarah parish OMG i am in love with her now. Jack Donnelly had a laugh with him told me he is halfway filming series two of Atlantis. These are just a few examples. The chaos of the queues and getting out and back in again and the queue jumpers had marred the weekend but the actual meeting of the guests did as always make it seem worthwhile.

I met David Hewlett on Sat, who was just lovely. He complimented my outfit (marvel top, skirt & hair bow!) and asked if I'd met Stan. I said no, but was hoping to the next day. He then wished me luck! Lol. I told him the auto was for my friends birthday and he personalised the message and passed on his birthday wishes for my friend. :-)

I also met Holly Smale and she was also lovely. She thanked me for waiting and asked how I was.

I only met George A Romero. He was very friendly, made a comment that Tom Savini's autograph took the best place on my Dawn of the Dead poster. He asked when I had met him and Mike Christopher (whose autograph I also had on the poster). I shook his hand when I first went up and he offered his hand again on leaving. Didn't want to take up too much time due to his queue, he was a great guest though.

• Like 1

I'm not very chatty myself so I never have anything very interesting to report from my interactions with the guests, but here's my rundown anyway.

Robert Hays (Fri) - a great guy, he was actually encouraging photos at the desk and happy to chat.

Helen Slater (Fri) - again, lovely. I got a photo with her at at the desk but I think she may have changed her policy this later in the weekend as things got busier.

Billy Dee Williams (Fri) - subdued. Fairly perfunctory encounter.

Lawrence Gilliard Jr (Sat) - I hadn't realised he was going to be there, so it was a special delight to meet one of the stars of The Wire. Brief chat, offered a choice of quotes for the pic (I went with "Where's Wallace, String?") and

John Higgins (Sat) - a free Judge Dredd sketch! I bought a postcard because I would feel guilty not spending anything in return.

Charlie Higson (Sat) - I missed his signing but cheekily asked him for a photo as he was leaving. He agreed, so I thanked him and left him to get on with deadling with the drainage in the lower field or whatever else he had scheduled.

Gilbert Shelton (Sun) - a free Wonder Warthog sketch! Had a chat with him and the guy from Knockabout comics about the forthcoming deluxe collected edition of Zap Comix.

Sibel Kikelli (Sun) - no queue when I went. I didn't have much to say, and she was

Carrie Fisher (Sun) - I was one of the last lot, so no personalisation, and she was more worried about her dog "going crazy" than the hefty starstruck fan in front of her, but at least acknowledged my presence (more than her antagonist William Shatner did when I "met" him). I was really happy with the later photoshoot, despite the dog's presence.

Did a few other photoshoots too, all routine. Edward James Olmos seemed genuinely warm (I mean in the friendly sense, but he was also literally warm to the touch). Jenna Coleman looked (as my daughter commented on seeing the pic) "a bit peaky". Michael Madsen looked like he was enjoying a private joke, or possibly calculating how much cash he was making.

Didn't meet Jeremy Bulloch this weekend but from past experience would echo all the positive comments above. Didn't bother getting an auto from Ian McDiarmid as I got a free one from him years ago by sending a Palpatine postcard and an SAE to him when he was at the Almeida theatre. I wonder if that would be successful these days - even mentioning an SAE (that's a stamped (self-addressed) envelope, kids) makes me feel ancient.

Edited by Tor Johnson

Everyone I met was great special mention to Carrie FIsher for being so nice and an extra special mention to Jason Narvy and Paul Schrier whose photo shoot was an absolute riot. They had everyone laughing and when I met them at their table a bit later they were just as hilarious. Walked past them on Sunday and they were still bursting with energy and enthusiasm, two great guys I hope to see them back again soon.

Mickie James was really nice and so was Nick Aldis (Magnus). They were both happy to talk to me while they signed. Lita was nice too but not so chatty! Jenna Coleman wasn't feeling great but she still looked beautiful in my photo. My top guest (again) had to be Paul McGann... He was happy to talk at the signing table and was really good in the Tardis photo session too.

• Like 1

On friday, the photoshoot with Dina has to be one of the most fun I've ever seen. She seemed to be up for (almost) anything pose-wise, including back-lifting one of the girls in front of me. I'm in love again :dance:

That was probably me you saw being lifted off my feet!! Was NOT expecting that to happen but it was totally amazing and the photo turned out great. All my photos with Dina did. She's so lovely and the poses we've done over the weekend are all amazing. Hope Showmasters invites her back sometime soon!

Best guest was obviously Lena Headey went up for her autograph and she said hello and then made a funny oooh sound and pulled a funny smiley weird looking face at my lannister dress I made and then giggled. Then for my photoshoot I got a quick hug and she asked how I was and I asked if we could do a peace sign and she said yeah sure. I was thrilled with those two times that I met her a third time and went and got my photoshoot signed and she looked up at me and said back again and giggled. She then said thank you and it was nice to meet you. She was by far the most amazing omg.

I also met Robert knepper who was such a cool dude, Stephanie Leonidas who was was lovely and asked how I was in the photoshoot so sweet aswell and then I decided to meet sharni Vinson aswell and she was absolutely lovely I was stood talking to her for good few minutes as no one else was in her queue and she let me take a picture with her and she made sure it had come out okay before I left :)

Of the ones I met, the real standaouts were:

- John Wagner: Such an awesome, sweet, gentle man. Had a long chat with him, discussed hos work and their movie adapations.

- Guy Siner: A true gentlemen. Met him once before, years ago, which he remebered after being given a few hints. The girl from Showmasters there was also really sweet and friendly, and remebered me next day. Kudos to you, if you see this. Even if you remembered mine, I am embarrased and sorry to say I did not remembers yours. :blush:

Only met two guests this time: Kristian Nairn and David Wenham.

Kristian was absolutely lovely, we had a great long talk about Ireland and he remembered me from Twitter which was awesome. The person in front of me also had a lightsaber and Kristian was poking Finn Jones with it (and nearly decapitated him!) which was great fun, he's always very sweet and easy to talk to.

David was just as lovely (I was very surprised that he had an open queue, I managed to get him just after Lunch so I only waited about 10 minutes!) and he winked at me so I think we're getting married.

Edited by Icena
  • Like 2

Attended Sunday and met several guests as follows;

6) Ian Mcdiarmid - chatty and polite, shook hands but no posed photos.

I know a woman behind me in the queue yesterday had been prompted by her boyfriend to ask him to do the hands thing but not sure whether or not she did but that would have been disappointing for her.

Guy Siner (Fri): Lovely man, happy to have a chat and picture at the table. When the crew member took the photo she had her finger over the flash to which Guy said in typical 'Allo 'Allo twang "You stupid woman!". He was happy to do a retake afterwards as well.

Well I felt a right twit when I was talking to him as I said he'd been on satellite earlier that week. I was meaning Dr Who/Genesis of the Daleks of course. His reply "I'm always on f***ng satellite". He was totally good humoured about it when he was saying it and I apologised as of course I'd completely forgotten Allo Allo. :whistling:

I had an autograph off Stan on Friday which if I had not made that I don't think I would have managed it at all. He was good. A quick sign and a quick thanks.

Summer Glau photo shoot on sat, she was nice, really looked at me and made good eye contact and said hi and bye. I did not manage to get her to sign it as I had ticket 294 and checked back several times during the day on Sunday but she got up to 250 then they put it down to 1 to 25 so I could not be bothered in the end as we had the Stan lee talk to get to.

Terry Farrell on the Sunday for a photo shoot and autograph. I was in captain america cosplay and she loved the outfit. She got very close and cuddly.

She was amazingly flirty when I got my autograph. She managed to make my blush so continued the flirtyness to make me blush more in front of my wife.

I met chase Masterson at her stall selling her CD. She was delightful. Still very beautiful and so chatty and lovely, a really pleasure to meet.

I didn't even know Chase was there! Damn!!

• Like 1

Curtis Armstrong: Really nice guy was happy to talk, and have a photo taken, personalised auto, the works. I'm glad plenty of people wanted to see him, because he's been in some great stuff.

Ivy Doomkitty: really lovely and super nice. Posed with me on two different occasions!

Terry Farrell: Seemed to be having a great time at her shoot and made everyone feel special.

Michael Biehn: was good, a little chat and let me have a photo, glad I met him.

Jason Mewes was good at his shoot, seemed to be having fun (along with tony head Saved the comic awards too)

Billy Dee Williams: slightly quiet for his shoot but it was late (due to some issues unrelated to him) and maybe had been asked to zip through them.

Stan Lee: don't know how he does it but somehow found a reserve of energy in his shoot, said Hi, I was amazed by him (he later put on the most charismatic Q+A I think I will ever see)

I also want to say a huge thank you to both William Russell / Russell Enoch and to Trevor Martin. Both of whom I feel are legends in the Who-niverse. I was fortunate to have a five minute chat with both of them about different things and felt slightly less star struck with them than I did others. William was graceful enough to allow me to have a posed picture (he sat and I leaned over the table) and after I left yesterday wish I had thought to ask Trevor the same thing. I think I was walking behind Trevor in the tube station yesterday after I left but as he was going to a different part than I was I didn't approach him.

I was disappointed not to have been able to meet Christopher Benjamin due to his cancellation as I had been looking forward to that one as well but I do appreciate that they are paid guests and not employees so may have to cancel for a variety of reasons so this is not an adverse comment.

I also want to say Anthony Head was fab for signing what I thought he would refuse to sign when in fact he was really good humoured about it. Now I just need to get one more autograph on it and I'll be happy. If he ever wants to come a calling for coffee he's welcome anytime :dance: :dance:

Edited by Knitty Fred