Experiences with Guests!

had an absolutely epic weekend (although travelling too and from peterborough both days, while cheaper than a hotel, left me absolutely shattered!) as for guests, i cant complain about any of the ones i met!

Vincent Ward: so upbeat, happy and seemed pleased to be there! asked if i wanted a photo with him (of course i said yes!)

jose pablo cantillo: amazing! had a good chat (and his comments to the people in front of me about not looking at one of the photos he had on the table since they hadnt seen season 4 of TWD was hilarious) was more than happy to do a photo over the desk

lawrence gillard jr: another who seemed genuinely pleased to be at the event. had a good chat, signed and personalised both autos (one for me, one for a friend) another who asked if i wanted a photo taken.

jane mcneill: lovely, chatty and very smiley. couldnt do a pic over the table as the line behind me was building up. still a wonderful guest

lena headey: aboslutely brilliant! all smiles. said hello and asked my name. when i said "josh" she made fun of me and said it was a very "posh" name and put on an upper class accent. wonderful lady. (and gorgeous too!)

michael beihn: i got him fairly early on the saturday, shared pleasantries and was ok to take a photo over the table, although someone called him as the pic was taken so he isnt looking at the camera. never mind

casper van dien: incredible! awesome bloke. seemed so stoked on being at the event. was chatting away to everyone. happily posed for a photo with me.

dina meyer: awesome. very chatty and smiley. we had a quick talk about how she was enjoying the UK. couldnt get a photo due to the queue building up.

summer glau: i got her right at the end of the day. she looked a bit tired, but was still stunning! was very upbeat and happy. as i was one of the last ones to get her auto on the sat she didnt put a quote from firefly on the pic, but she did put a heart and now i want to marry her!!!!!

stan lee: seemed very relaxed, if a bit tired. despite being told no talking etc before the photoshoot i said hello to him and he said hello in reply.

george a romero: favourite guest of the show! didnt personalise, but i didnt care. he seemed so SO happy to be at the event and took the time to ask everyone how they were doing and if they were enjoying themselves. shoot my hand as a went to the table and again as i left. brilliant experience with a legendary director!

Jason Mewes fielded a brief Q&A which immediately led to a question I can't repeat here (though I can tell you on fb or twitter). Tony Head just kept people laughing the whole time, more often than not making himself laugh on stage. I mean without him, gawd knows but with him being the host he saved the day.

just tweeted you :P

I saw Tony arrive in the morning & he looked like he was in a super good mood, i met him many years ago & he's always pretty funny & happy. :)

Stan Lee - nice and friendly, although didn't have time to chat, he did compliment the item he signed for me.

Ian McDiarmid - co-best guest this weekend for me, plenty of time to chat, asked about a personalisation, a joke and two handshakes. Top man.

Summer Glau - co-best guest. Absolutely lovely, plenty of time to chat even though her queue was halfway to the back wall. A personalised quote signature to top it off.

Jeremy Bulloch - another top guy, signing autos on "our side" of the table and a little chat and up for a selfie!

Dave Prowse - simple and to the point, not much else.

Kenny Baker - bit of a let down, questioned why I wanted his sig in a certain place (wtf)

Carrie Fisher - again, bit of a let down. Huge queue (to be expected) asked if I could have her sig in silver, she continued in gold and pretty much said "can't all have what we want". Well, I did just pay £60, but whatever.

Overall a good weekend, a lot of queuing but I got everything I came for :)

Rofl! I asked If she could sign with gold, and she said 'i dont have Any gold penn. XD saw it next to her. XD but i let it SLide :P

Daniel Portman: Awesome guy, up for shenanigans during the photoshoot. Winked at me, like no man should wink at another man without money being exchanged.

Michael Biehn: Must have been jetlagged or drunk. The guy did not look at me once, did not respond to anything I said to him. On my way out of the shoot I shouted "Somebody wake up Hicks". Unsure if it worked or not :P

Summer Glau: Such a peach. Really nice and chatty. Everything I hoped for and more.

• Like 1

Stan Lee - nice and friendly, although didn't have time to chat, he did compliment the item he signed for me.

Ian McDiarmid - co-best guest this weekend for me, plenty of time to chat, asked about a personalisation, a joke and two handshakes. Top man.

Summer Glau - co-best guest. Absolutely lovely, plenty of time to chat even though her queue was halfway to the back wall. A personalised quote signature to top it off.

Jeremy Bulloch - another top guy, signing autos on "our side" of the table and a little chat and up for a selfie!

Dave Prowse - simple and to the point, not much else.

Kenny Baker - bit of a let down, questioned why I wanted his sig in a certain place (wtf)

Carrie Fisher - again, bit of a let down. Huge queue (to be expected) asked if I could have her sig in silver, she continued in gold and pretty much said "can't all have what we want". Well, I did just pay £60, but whatever.

Overall a good weekend, a lot of queuing but I got everything I came for :)

Rofl! I asked If she could sign with gold, and she said 'i dont have Any gold penn. XD saw it next to her. XD but i let it SLide :P

I can tell you first hand, she did! And she had a silver one on the table!

Lena Headey: Fantastic lady and probably the most geeky of the guests in photoshoots. Got a couple of pictures signed which she personalised and had a small chat about hats. Love this woman.

Summer Glau: Another fantastic lady who really is more beautiful in person. Fantastic photoshoot and brilliant signing. She was very impressed with photo I had her sign.

Stan Lee: The reason I travelled was fine. The man is getting on and I was just glad to get the signature on Friday and Photoshoot on Saturday. Bit impersonal in comparison to the others.

Sibel Kekilli: Replacement guest for Natalie Dormer was beautiful and charming. Amazed at the lack of queues for her signature. As well as the photoshoot also got a photo at her table. Even practised alittle German.

Terry Farrell: Stunning woman and very down to earth. An Amazon. Got to have a great chat with her at the signature table where ws discussed the picture I had her sign. It was a photoshoped picture I had bought at the event. She loved it.

Helen Slatter: Very nice also and signed and posed for a picture at her table.

Paul Freeman: A complete gent who signed and posed for a picture at his table.

Carrie Fisher: Just a signature (unpersonalised) but the signature was perfect and exactly where I had asked for it on the print. She had her dog on the chair beside her which was hilarious.

Did not have a negative encounter with any of the guests.

Edited by Bullseye

I had an amazing time. Dina Meyer was my fave guest of the weekend, she was also the reason i was there as well so i was so pleased when she was so awesome. I ended up going back on Sunday to meet her again. She really took the time with people & was very chatty. She also looked like she was genuinely having fun meeting people. I told her she was the main reason I was there & she started asking me where i was from & how long it took to get there & then thanked me for making the journey.

On the Sunday photo shoot she remembered me from meeting her 4 hours before so that was nice. She also remembered me from Twitter, both Sat & Sun after she asked my name she asked me if i was on twitter.

Lena Headey was also really cool, got a nice pic with her that i love...thanks to the guy on Sunday who gave me his VT for Lena, i wouldn't have been able to meet her again otherwise & wanted to tell her i'd been a fan since gossip which i completely forgot to do Sat so i told her Sunday.

Loved meeting Jason Mewes, Robert Knepper, Casper Van Dien, Anthony Head, Robert Hays & Wendy Glenn too. Had photo's with Juliet Landau, Summer Glau & Michael Madsen as well but didn't get their autographs.

Everybody i met were really nice.

I really wanted to meet Dina and Casper but didn't get to, hopefully next time! Yeah, Jason Mewes seemed to having fun in his saturday photoshoot. He was fun at the awards too. I didn't get to meet Anthony Head, but he was huge fun at the comic awards, did you go to that? He was awesome there.

Actually having just seen your picture I recognised you as being in the same cramped Jason Mewes queue as me! Small world :)

I loved his response when I gave him something for autographing ;-)

Met him on Friday, been wanting to for a long time and was not disappointed. We started off having a bit of a friendly argument though as he was convinced we'd met before and that he recognised me. I had to work hard to persuade him this was my first time meeting him. Had a great chat, lovely funny guy and talks just as fast in real life as on screen :)

Definitely agree with that and thought at one time he was going to be told off for spending too much time talking to the visitors in the photoshoot and loved it he did a strangle hold on my pic which he later signed and personalised.

Right. *cracks knuckles* I saw rather a lot of people and they were all great to meet without exception, but I can't list them all here as it'll take far too long. So, I'm sticking to the highlights.

Curtis Armstrong - we had a quick chat about Moonlighting and Supernatural and how I can't see the latest season of the latter (well, I could, but not legally) until it comes out on DVD as Living aren't airing it this year (grrr), but I said I'd been enjoying his contribution thus far and was looking forward to seeing what would come next. He said, "Well, I can't tell you anything but..." and gave me this incredibly impish grin. Nice personalization too, and when I went into the photoshoot later he said, "I remember you!" and put his arms round me. The photographer took the photo a little too quickly and we ended up relaxing our stance a little for the retake, but I'm still grinning rather a lot in that one!

Derek Landy - he ended up signing for longer than I thought and I suddenly saw his queue was down to one person so in I nipped. I was given a card previewing Theatre of Shadows so commented that it was nice to have something to look forward to after he no doubt breaks my heart further with The Dying Of The Light and how he seems to be taking several leaves out of Joss Whedon's book in that respect. He said, "Never trust me," and grinned. Great to meet him and I love the Skulduggery cartoon he drew in my book. :D

Kate Dickie - we had a swift but nice chat about the Interesting Stuff her character did in Season 4 of GoT (keeping it spoiler-free, natch). She was really sweet.

Edward James Olmos - so warm and friendly! Was most chuffed when he said, "Come on in and give us some love," and pulled me into his arms in the photoshoot. He did a sweet personalization (there was even a little heart after my name, awww) during auto time and I thoroughly enjoyed his talk with Jamie (who was also very pleasant).

Glenn Morshower - another very friendly, chatty guy. We had a laugh over his character's demise in X-Men: First Class and he wrote a nice, considered personalization on the auto.

John Hurt - he said, "Hello, sweetheart," in the photoshoot, which was a nice first impression. Obviously his signing went very quickly, but I did pluck up the courage to lean forward and say, "I just wanted to say that I love your voice. It's GORGEOUS." He looked up at me and beamed, which made my day.

Kristian Nairn - I think after the initial hellos he greeted me with the word, "Stre-e-e-s-s-sed!" (bless) and then, "Were you here last night?" Which I wasn't, but I was here last year, so was able to thank him for coming back as I'd got a photoshoot with him then but hadn't been able to get an autograph. Very nice to get it this time.

Isaac Hempstead Wright - he was a sweetie, commenting on my Metallica T-shirt, and I managed to make him giggle in the joint photoshoot with Kristian.

Milo Ventimiglia - I was expecting him to be aloof for some reason, but he was incredibly laid-back and friendly. We chatted a bit about his appearance at LFCC in 2007 (his joint photoshoot with Adrian Pasdar was my first-ever shoot) and he politely said, "Nice to meet you again," afterwards, which I liked.

Stan Lee - OK, things were by necessity very rushed, but come on, it's Stan (The Man). Bloody marvellous (heee, that's the second time I've written that with no pun intended!). So happy to get both an auto and photo from him.

Carrie Fisher - that was an almost surreal experience, especially in the photoshoot with her dog. She leaned into me and whispered, "Isn't this so weird?" and I said, "Oh, very," which made her giggle. The photo is one of my favourites: her leaning into me, me grinning like a Cheshire cat and the dog all, "Whatever." Heeeee.

Finally, TJ Thyne - can NOT praise this man enough. His friendliness, the personalizations, the gifts, the hugs, his insistence on giving each and every attendee the same treatment. I am so glad I got to meet him - he was the last person I got to see on the Sunday (and I was the last person he got to see too!) so despite the tiredness and the hideously sore feet, I walked away from the LFCC feeling incredibly happy.

• Like 1

I had three guests that I wanted to meet;

Daniel Kash, I was very upset that he had no Dresden Files photos so I have come away with an auto which I will probably sell in future, once I have a print that I want. Couldn't have a posed photo so I should have just paid for a photo but it still would have been out of character. Oh well. He has promised to come back to another event and bring some Dresden Files prints.

Lena Hedley, rather upset that Showmasters lost the original print that she was supposed to sign last year. I paid for a new one but of course now I have to wait for Thomas Dekker to come back and sign it all over again and it's cost me double for both autographs as I don't have the original.

Summer Glau, very grateful that I managed to get her autograph as it was literally the end of the day and then she goes and used two different coloured pens and messed up but I have to take what I am given. It's disappointing overall but as the print is already signed I can't do anything about it.

Whilst I achieved what I wanted in regards of getting autographs it didn't pan out the way I hoped the day would go. Not Showmasters fault, but it was just a series of circumstances that add up to me feeling a little bit flat.

Just to end on a good note, I got to meet Jemma Redgrave and have a chat, was lucky enough to grab a friend walking past to take a photo at the table with her. Was my only photo of me during the day.

I paid for autographs with Jenna Coleman and John Hurt although I didn't get to go in the queue, my daughter and her friend reported they had a fantastic meeting, particularly John Hurt who remarked that there wasn't much space for him to sign (it's a Tardis print with multiple autographs of all the Doctors with only Capaldi to go now).

Michael Biehn seemed a bit odd - he was yawning alot while he signed for the guy in front of me! Luckily he actually said a few words to me like 'hello' and 'thanks buddy' but he did seem very uninterested with the whole thing. He also took ages to write even his own name, at one point I thought he fell asleep halfway through signing for me lol! Was still an honour to meet him though! I suppose I'd be the same if I was stuck in that overcrowded oven Earls Court all day!

He wasnt very well but bless him he tried to keep going I hope you had a good experience

Daniel Portman - Really friendly and chatty. He spoke to me about Cornwall and how he once had a great chippy when he drove through Truro lol. He said my name was beautiful :wub: and when I left he shook my hand and winked at me :blush: When I went for my photo he was also chatty then. He noticed my CM Punk top and spoke to me about him for a little bit and shook my hand and winked at me again before I left.

Gethin Anthony and Finn Jones - I put these two together as I had a double shoot with them. When we queued for Finn Jones's auto he was on his chair drawing a mustache on his picture that hangs above him and when it was my turn I said I think he needed a goatee, He agreed and got up again and drew it on :lol: He was really friendly and was more than happy to have a picture with me and my friend. Gethin was also really friendly and commented on Finn's picture saying he was jealous, Also was more than happy to have a picture with me and my friend. When it came to the double shoot I noticed people where getting Finn and Gethin to kiss their cheeks which was awesome as they did it on both guys and girls. For some reason I completely zoned out and when it was my turn I just remember looking over and they where both staring at me with smiles on their faces, I quickly apologized for zoning out. I was way to shy to ask for the kisses but I'm super happy with my picture :blush:

Lena Headey - I had my photo with her on Saturday and OMG this is my favorite photo op experience ever! Whilst waiting for my turn she was just doing the most random of poses. It really looked like she was having a lot of fun. When it was my turn I went to approach when suddenly she started dancing with me! I was so surprised and danced with her for a few seconds before I had my picture with her :dance: I got my auto with her the next day. She was a bit busy but she spoke to me and was really friendly.

Kate Dickie - I either forgot she was attending or didn't know she was but when I arrived on Sunday and saw she was there I was so happy! When I went to to get her auto I picked up the picture of Lysa strangling Sansa and when she saw it she laughed and said she loved this picture and that she found Lysa scary lol. I then asked if it was ok to have a photo and she was more than happy too, She pulled her chair out from behind her desk and I went round and had a really nice photo with her. She was so sweet! :D

Kristian Nairn - When we first went up to get my auto I think he was about to leave for the GoT talk but before he did he came out from behind his desk and went over to a man in a wheelchair and had a picture with him and me and my friends hearts just melted, What a guy! :king: After the talk when they came back I got my auto. He was really sweet and was happy to have a picture with me.

Sibel Kekilli
- Special thank you to the crew member who let me in without a ticket because it wasn't too busy. Really enjoyed this one as I spoke to a girl in the queue who was really nice and we saw that Sibel was doing pictures at the desk and we both agreed to take each others photos. Sibel was stunning and her dress was so pretty. She was really nice to meet and I got a really nice picture with her.

Isaac Hempstead-Wright - I only had a auto with him as his solo shoot was cancelled as he was only there from 1pm-5pm. When I went to get my auto he was just so adorable! All smiley and friendly. When he asked how to spell my name (Michaela) he said he had a friend with my name and then asked if there was a Q in it and I could not help but laugh and said no he then said sorry and my heart melted :wub: I hope Showmasters can get him to come both days next time so I can get my picture with him.

Carrie Fisher - I had my photo with her on Sunday and the queue was huge but luckily for me I was only number 59. I was surprised to see her dog but it did not bother me at all. She was really friendly and I loved her top!

Adam Brown - Got his auto really early on a Sunday whilst it was still quiet. He was really friendly, We got talking about how to spell my name and I told him what happened with Isaac and he just laughed. Also more than happy to have a picture with me.

Lita - Had my picture with her on Saturday and she looked stunning! I loved her shoes. She didn't say much but she was smiling. Had my auto with her on Sunday and I told her I loved her shoes from the day before and she kicked out her feet from under the table and showed us what shoes she was wearing (Also awesome)

Anthony Head - Only had a auto with him. I kinda had to rush as I had to get over to Isaac before he left as it just passed half 4. He was really nice, I can't really remember what he said but he did ask me for the time and said thank you when I told him xD

• Like 2

both Edward James Olmos and Jamie Bamber were extremely chatty and friendly at our autograph signing and the photoshoot! had loads of fun meeting them (also...Meeting EJO...bucket list check-off, right there!)

even got these special things during our photoshoots

sign reads: "Leaders of the twelve colonies, Maj Lee Adama is in Cylon Hands! Give us the Eye of Jupiter, or else..."

10535647_10204186434284158_8603397796353

sign reads: ""leaders of the twelve colonies, Adm. William Adama is in Cylon Custody said the Admiral: Frak them, scramble all alert Vipers!"

10397298_10204186434204156_2267976111277

Also had an adama super squeeshy

10506764_10204186434324159_3295388151518

• Like 4

Stan Lee - Saw him during the last photoshoot session on Sunday. He looked very tired, poor guy :( But he was still friendly. And seeing Stan was a dream come true!

Jenna Coleman - She was very polite, but since her Photoshoot was very crowded my interaction with her was very minimal.

Lee Sullivan - Awesome guy. He was very chatty and friendly and he drew me an awesome Optimus Prime :)

David Lloyd - He was very chatty. Maybe because he started drinking wine so early ;) Really nice guy.

Mr. Garcin - He looked a little bit like a wrestler with his Mask :) He explained to me how he did his collages. Sounded like very hard work!

McDiarmid , nice guy.....sence of humor lol

Biehn , I was so stressed due to long queue but the man seemed nice......I didn't notice he was tired but he very well could've been

BD Williams , ditto

Jovan , nice

Ensign , nice....talked about a giant GB billboard I'd brought along

Slater , was surprised I brought Batman stuff to be signed......prolly 95% was Supergirl stuff lol ;)

East , very nice guy......he liked the Superman mag I'd brought to be sgd and I told him how sad it was when Reeve passed (still not quite over it , tbh)

Bulloch , seemed like a nice guy but again I was too stressed to talk to him

Russell , very nice man.....he liked my Great Escape poster and I talked about the sadly now deceased cast

Edited by 007 spells Bond

George A Romero: I have been a massive fan of his for a while now and was definitely not let down when meeting him. first of all he asked how i was and my name, then shook my hand and said nice to meet you Ben. I asked him about future films and he told me he is currently working on a comic, then joked that it will be a film if he lives long enough and then showed me a few pages from the comic he is working on. He then signed my picture and shook my hand again and said nice it was nice to meet me :dance:

Nick Aldis (Magnus): such a nice guy and easy to talk to. spoke to him for a while about gladiators and then about tna and being the first british heavyweight champion. He then signed a picture for me and personalised it "to Ben, best wishes, love Magnus".. He then posed for a photo with me.

Kristian Nairn (hodor): I had a photoshoot with him he seemed really friendly straight away he shook my hand and then put his arm around me and said nice to meet you. Was quite funny as had to get the photo taken twice as the first time sneezed (the loudest sneeze ive ever heard). I asked him if he could just say it once (hodor) which he was more than happy to.

"the cowboy" James Storm: Was friendly enough and posed for a photo, but didnt seem very chatty. Also seemed a bit annoyed when i didn't buy a t shirt (due to lack of money)after he asked if i wanted to.

• Like 1

Summer Glau was so sweet and lovely. She looked genuinely happy to meet everybody, and told me she loved the Star Wars skirt I'd made which I was wearing when I got her autograph :)
Edward James Olmos & Jamie Bamber were really nice too! And Jeremy Bulloch was happy to talk to everybody.
To be honest, I didn't really have any bad experiences with any of the guests I met, Stan Lee included! :D

• Moderators

It's actually been a while since I've had a bad guest experience. I've been very lucky the past few years, and this year was no exception. I found both Stan and Carrie to be very pleasant considering how busy they were, all the wrestlers were fantastic, and everyone else I saw was chatty and friendly. Some were even going out of their way to see people like TJ. Definitely a great bunch this year.

I met only Jamie Bamber, and what a big surprise was for me : he speaks Italian! ( I am italian, obiouvsly).

so, we had a short chat about his role in LAW & ORDER-UK, and he very kindly agreed to take a pic with me at the autograph-table. He then wrote a dedication (in italian) on the picture I choose for the autograph and then I shook his hand, saying him: CIAO!!!! :smile: and Jamie answered CIAO too! :WAVE:

It was a lovely meeting, Jamie was very kind and friendly, not only with me but also with many fans he met before me.

• 2 weeks later...