Experiences with Guests!

My experience:

Stan Lee - Was very quick and rushed (understandable). He didn't look up or acknowledged me when I said 'Thank you, Stan'. He appeared more focused on signing all the items that were passed on to him by his helpers. My item was signed before I stood next to him!

Michael Biehn - Lack of engagement; appeared distant and a bit out of it. The interaction improved greatly when I started talking to him about his movie The Victim (to which he wrote, direct, and starred in), he really appreciated that I took time to watch it and took an interest in answering my questions. He told me that the whole production was done in 2 weeks! He happily signed my 2 items with character names. Whilst we were talking these 2 young american kids approached him (at his side of the table), were they his kids? Gave them a wad of cash to spend at LCFF!

He posed for a photo with me, although didn't make much of an effort. Average experience.

John Hurt - Although it was rather brief, he was very friendly and polite. Shook my hand and signed my Alien boxset along with his character name. Not much else to be said really.

Tyler Mane - Awesome dude! So friendly and chatty. Signed my Halloween sleeve and happily posed for a photo.

Jose Pablo Cantillo - He was originally on my 'maybe' list but so glad I got to meet him. Very approachable, friendly and chatty. Signed my Crank sleeve and told me some gossip about the next sequel. Took an interest in my (SFX) job and happily posed for a photo.

Casper Van Dien - Great guy, lots of fun and very chatty. Asked some questions about Starship Troopers (although I forgot to ask him about his role in Mortal Kombat). He happily posed for a photo.

Dina Meyer - Lovely lady and was very popular by the long queue. I said I was very hot and she took her little handheld fan and fanned me down, haha. This was after the Starship Troopers talk so a lot of the questions I had were already answered, but we spoke about the practical FX against the CGI used in the movie. Although she didn't have a 'no posed photos' sign, I had a general feeling she wasn't doing any. I'm kinda regretting not doing the double photoshoot now.

Daniel Kash - Nice guy. Happily chatted to me about his experience on Aliens with James Cameron and Nightbreed.

George Romero - Although I've seen him 4 times before, it was still a total joy to meet him again. He was the only person I paid for a photoshoot to which I did first before queuing to get his autographs. Would have liked a photo with him standing next to me, but it was understandable that a man at his age was seated on a stool. He shook my hand, said 'nice to see you' and put his arm around me for a really nice photo. At the signing table I witnessed great, friendly interactions with people in front of me. He took the time to speak to them and made sure each autograph was dry so that it didn't rub off. I approached him and asked whether he was enjoying his stay in London again, to which he laughed and said that he has only seen this the inside of the building. He signed my Creepshow vinyl and we had a conversation about how I obtained it with John Harrison's signature. I asked him what his faviourite story in Creepshow was, to which he said he had a soft spot for 'Something To Tide You Over' because it was the only one he edited himself. Very lovely meet & greet, so glad I got to see him again as it may well be my last (as it was his last European Con appearance?).

Carrie Fisher (photoshoot) - I wasn't expecting to have her dog in it as well, but I guess it's different, Carrie was very friendly and put arm around me

Jeff East - Nice guy, very chatty, shared some stories about Superman and scenes that were filmed that never made the final cut, posed for picture at table

Belinda Mayne - Very nice and pleasant, should have brought my own photo to get signed, but she came all the way around our side of the table to have picture

Jason Mewes (photoshoot) - great fun, he was certainly enjoying it

Tyler Mane - Awesome guy, one of my favourite meets, had a good chuckle about where he was going to sign things, and he said Maclom MacDowell always seems to sign over him ! Posed for photo at desk.

Michael Madsen- seemed a bit worse for wear at his table signing autos, but uncomfortable, but all good in the photoshoot

Stan Lee - What can you say, absolute legend, he was top notch with my boys in the photoshoot and lovely guy

Dina Meyer - didn't know quite how to respond to her at her autograph table, very chatty, quite cheeky, but had worked her out a bit more by the photoshoot which was good as she was asking everyone to come up with their own pose for the shot !

Robert Hayes - lovely guy, had a chat about some of his costars in Airplane, posed for picture at desk

Sarah Louise Madison - very sweet , told us about the parts she had played in Doctor Who, posed for photo as desk

David Yost - Pleasant enough, but would only let you take a photo of him, not with him

Sarah Parish - Had a quite big queue but very nice to meet, posed for photo at desk

Wendy Glenn - good chat about You're next and her death scene and also the zombie project she has been working on

Tom Chadbon - lovely chat with Tom about working on The Beast Must Die and his memories of working with Peter Cushing

Cerina Vincent - Very friendly and chatty, posed for desk at photo and also had photoshoot

Sharni Vinson - Top notch guest, had a great chat about You're Next and other films and her new project with Jackie Chan, photo at desk and photoshoot

Terry Farrell ( photoshoot) - Seemed very nice and friendly and having fun in photoshoot

Susannah Harker - had a great chat about House of Cards and it's lasting imact

Dave Prowse - Very chatty, had a good chat about the Hammer stuff I got him to sign

I had an amazing time. Dina Meyer was my fave guest of the weekend, she was also the reason i was there as well so i was so pleased when she was so awesome. I ended up going back on Sunday to meet her again. She really took the time with people & was very chatty. She also looked like she was genuinely having fun meeting people. I told her she was the main reason I was there & she started asking me where i was from & how long it took to get there & then thanked me for making the journey.
On the Sunday photo shoot she remembered me from meeting her 4 hours before so that was nice. She also remembered me from Twitter, both Sat & Sun after she asked my name she asked me if i was on twitter.

Lena Headey was also really cool, got a nice pic with her that i love...thanks to the guy on Sunday who gave me his VT for Lena, i wouldn't have been able to meet her again otherwise & wanted to tell her i'd been a fan since gossip which i completely forgot to do Sat so i told her Sunday.

Loved meeting Jason Mewes, Robert Knepper, Casper Van Dien, Anthony Head, Robert Hays & Wendy Glenn too. Had photo's with Juliet Landau, Summer Glau & Michael Madsen as well but didn't get their autographs.

Everybody i met were really nice.

Edited by CazR
  • Like 1

I met adam brown, anthony head, david wenham & philip grieve. all were friendly & polite especialy anthony and adam who i was SOOOO excited to meet. overall a good day. keep up the good guests. only down side still not got an legend of the seeker autographs.

I'm always so nervous and shy when I get autographs so I usually opt for photos.

However David Hewlett has always been a ultimate must meet person for me. SO i got a photo and a auto.

I was the last person to get an autograph after me they started turning people away... so i got the chance to have a bit of a chat. I actually managed more than a shy thank you very much hope you are having a nice time before running away and managed to have a little chat. He was soooo friendly in the photo and even more so when i got an autograpgh. His voice sounded like it was going but he was still super kind and seemed like he was still very happy to be there.

Really made my weekend :blush::clap:

Only met two guests this time: Kristian Nairn and David Wenham.

Kristian was absolutely lovely, we had a great long talk about Ireland and he remembered me from Twitter which was awesome. The person in front of me also had a lightsaber and Kristian was poking Finn Jones with it (and nearly decapitated him!) which was great fun, he's always very sweet and easy to talk to.

David was just as lovely (I was very surprised that he had an open queue, I managed to get him just after Lunch so I only waited about 10 minutes!) and he winked at me so I think we're getting married.

He winked at me too so we will have to race to the alter and who ever gets there first can have him : p

Isaac Hempstead Wright! What a fantastic guest so polite and happy:) got a great signed photo and was excited to chat and take pics he told me that Kristian HODOR! Nairn twisted his arm in coming and that it was his first con :)

Also Finn Jones and Gethin Anthony together are brilliant

The big man HODOR himself great to chat with

Met Carrie Fisher and got the last personalised photo before she was pushed for time, she was very polite although didn't have much time

Jena Coleman was very quiet with guests but was good enough to cut her lunch early to try and please as many fans, as there was a small mistake with time which left about 30 people waiting for her in her booth for 40 mins when in fact she was on stage doing a panel and then went for lunch I hear she was also unwell in which case all credit to her :)

And of course Stan the Man never stopped smiling he was so busy he done brilliant

Only regret is not meeting John Hurt it was my own fault as I decided I'd buy some lego instead lol

Edited by Kylecoop

Sarah Parish is possibly one of the nicest people ever - really lucky to have had quite a long chat with her about various things and had a bit of a laugh.

Anthony Head was (as I had imagined he'd be) an absolute gent. What a lovely man. Not much time to chat - hope to meet him again one day.

Lena Headey I only met breifly as she had a long queue - to be expected - but she personalised my photo with no issue (ALWAYS have to explain my name).

Didn't get Summer to sign but she was super late for her photo session Sunday afternoon. Wasn't impressed by that, to be honest, but never mind! Nice photo.

The positive ones:

David Prowse: I already met him and had him sign a collectible. This time he could sign my blu-ray box. He was friendly, like before, and very polite

Kenny Baker: Seemed friendly, but not much came out of him. At least I got a friendly smile and bye from him

Robert Hays: There was no body there when I came, but I just shook his hand and talked to him about Airplane for a bit. Very very friendly guy and funny too. He was making jokes about making Airplane 3

Casper van Dien: He made our day. Just say Mortal Kombat to him and he's totally yours. We were allowed to make a few photos with him. Crazy guy and very friendly.

Summer Glau: Another wonderful person. On our photoshoot pictures she looks very tired. When she was signing my poster she was looking a bit better. Very friendly to us and apologizing for having us waiting long (which wasn't a big deal).

Stan Lee: The photo shoot was way too fast, but it was worth it. He seemed enjoying himself a lot and he was so full of energy. Too bad I only could tell him to do the Spidey move with me :D

Erin Gray: Very friendly lady, I spotted her by accident. I was overwhelmed when I saw her (since I didn't expect her) so I couldn't make a photo with her, but I'm sure she would have said yes.

The so so ones:

Dina Meyer: She was friendly, but had rules with making photos. No posing allowed and didn't say too much, but was smiling a lot (she looked hot though)

Curtis Armstrong: Also friendly, but the lady in leather in front of me was allowed to have her picture taken with him while not buying an autograph (he was totally checking her out), but when I asked the same question he said he couldn't and wouldn't do that and I had to buy an autograph of him.

The negative one:

Billy Dee Williams: Total disappointment, he was late (can happen to anyone), but he kept his sunglasses on, didn't aim his head to me much and only said hi and bye.

The so so ones:

Dina Meyer: She was friendly, but had rules with making photos. No posing allowed and didn't say too much, but was smiling a lot (she looked hot though)

That's a shame, i met her twice & had decent conversations with her both times. Even at the photo shoot she said more to me than the standard "hi how are you?"

I only intended to meet Robert Hays and I wasn't dissapointed, the guy is a legend! Shook hands, chatted for a bit (Wish it was all day) and just made my year meeting him. Posed for a photo too. I invited him to my wedding next year (wonder if he'll remember that), just so glad I got the chance to meet him.

I was also asked to meet these people for my friend, as he was stuck in a queue and running out of time!

• Helen Slater and Paul Freeman were both very nice although didn't get much time to chat
  • Terry Farrell - Lovely woman. Didn't even know who she was but she seemed like a really nice person. Hope she goes again now I know a bit more about her.
  • Michael Bhein - Sadly gave the impression he'd had a few or didn't want to be there. Strange how other people had different experiences with him.
  • Lita, most dissapointing of all. Waited about 45 minutes to see her and as soon as I got to the front, she was just playing with her phone and barely speaking. Little eye contact or effort on her part. The guy in front of me had waited 5 hours to get in just to see her, and when asking for a posed photo, she said no. The girl in front of him got a photo though. Just seemed a bit harsh.

Anyway, If i had more money or could be bothered to queue for a cash machine, i'd have seen several others too!

Edited by arnold

I had an autograph off Stan on Friday which if I had not made that I don't think I would have managed it at all. He was good. A quick sign and a quick thanks.

Summer Glau photo shoot on sat, she was nice, really looked at me and made good eye contact and said hi and bye. I did not manage to get her to sign it as I had ticket 294 and checked back several times during the day on Sunday but she got up to 250 then they put it down to 1 to 25 so I could not be bothered in the end as we had the Stan lee talk to get to.

Terry Farrell on the Sunday for a photo shoot and autograph. I was in captain america cosplay and she loved the outfit. She got very close and cuddly.

She was amazingly flirty when I got my autograph. She managed to make my blush so continued the flirtyness to make me blush more in front of my wife.

I met chase Masterson at her stall selling her CD. She was delightful. Still very beautiful and so chatty and lovely, a really pleasure to meet.

I didn't even know Chase was there! Damn!!

Yep she was there. She was up on one of the dealer stalls near the front of the hall. She was only signing her audio CDs but she was really happy to chat to me without buying a CD first time round.

I went back later on during the day as I wanted to wait and see how much money I would have left and got a CD and autograph. Again I had another chat with her and she was lovely.

• Like 1

I met Michael Biehn, Daniel Kash, Casper Van Dien, and Dina Meyer. Opted against meeting George Romero as he wasn't doing personalisations or posed photos (met him previously before though).

Best guest for me was Casper. Very friendly and chatty, did a cool posed photo and seemed to be enjoying himself. Same with Dina, she was lovely. Wasn't doing posed photos but still was a pleasure to meet her.

Daniel Kash was cool aswell, took an interest in my aliens poster as it's French. Was happy to have a posed photo. Despite some of the negative things I've read about Michael, he seemed ok when I met him. Had a posed photo with him and he thanked me for coming.

Didn't meet any of The walking dead guests, but they all seemed to be chatty and enjoying themselves from what I saw.

I had a great time with Lena, everything that I had heard about her beforehand was true. She's very down to earth and funny. I had my photo shoot with her first in the morning, she was all smiley and laughing because I apologised for how hot I was, just to reassure me that we were all in the same situation (which made me feel a lot better). Later in the day I got her autograph. I told her how much I love her, her movies and that I wanted to meet her for years and that I wasn't able to attend last year or the other time before to see her. She had a beaming smile on her face and thanked me for it! I even complimented her tattoos telling her I loved them, only for her to reply saying she loved mine too after looking at them (I told her not to just say it back, but she insisted she did love them). When me and my best friend were about to leave, she was still speaking to us, saying 'bye kids', 'stay in school' and 'don't do drugs' giving the three of us a good laugh!. I told her I was actually 22 with her replying 'it's just my age'. She was real appreciative of what I had to say and she is really great banter. She even wrote 'with BIG LOVE' on my autograph after personalising it. She is truly wonderful and very beautiful.

Sharni Vinson and Wendy Glenn were wonderful also. I had a brill time! :wub:

• Like 3

I had an amazing time. Dina Meyer was my fave guest of the weekend, she was also the reason i was there as well so i was so pleased when she was so awesome. I ended up going back on Sunday to meet her again. She really took the time with people & was very chatty. She also looked like she was genuinely having fun meeting people. I told her she was the main reason I was there & she started asking me where i was from & how long it took to get there & then thanked me for making the journey.

On the Sunday photo shoot she remembered me from meeting her 4 hours before so that was nice. She also remembered me from Twitter, both Sat & Sun after she asked my name she asked me if i was on twitter.

Lena Headey was also really cool, got a nice pic with her that i love...thanks to the guy on Sunday who gave me his VT for Lena, i wouldn't have been able to meet her again otherwise & wanted to tell her i'd been a fan since gossip which i completely forgot to do Sat so i told her Sunday.

Loved meeting Jason Mewes, Robert Knepper, Casper Van Dien, Anthony Head, Robert Hays & Wendy Glenn too. Had photo's with Juliet Landau, Summer Glau & Michael Madsen as well but didn't get their autographs.

I really wanted to meet Dina and Casper but didn't get to, hopefully next time! Yeah, Jason Mewes seemed to having fun in his saturday photoshoot. He was fun at the awards too. I didn't get to meet Anthony Head, but he was huge fun at the comic awards, did you go to that? He was awesome there.

Actually having just seen your picture I recognised you as being in the same cramped Jason Mewes queue as me! Small world :)

Edited by stevie_g
  • Like 1

I had an autograph off Stan on Friday which if I had not made that I don't think I would have managed it at all. He was good. A quick sign and a quick thanks.

Summer Glau photo shoot on sat, she was nice, really looked at me and made good eye contact and said hi and bye. I did not manage to get her to sign it as I had ticket 294 and checked back several times during the day on Sunday but she got up to 250 then they put it down to 1 to 25 so I could not be bothered in the end as we had the Stan lee talk to get to.

Terry Farrell on the Sunday for a photo shoot and autograph. I was in captain america cosplay and she loved the outfit. She got very close and cuddly.

She was amazingly flirty when I got my autograph. She managed to make my blush so continued the flirtyness to make me blush more in front of my wife.

I met chase Masterson at her stall selling her CD. She was delightful. Still very beautiful and so chatty and lovely, a really pleasure to meet.

I didn't even know Chase was there! Damn!!

Yep she was there. She was up on one of the dealer stalls near the front of the hall. She was only signing her audio CDs but she was really happy to chat to me without buying a CD first time round.

I went back later on during the day as I wanted to wait and see how much money I would have left and got a CD and autograph. Again I had another chat with her and she was lovely.

It was so full at those tables you could barely pay attention. I hope she comes back!

Michael Biehn seemed a bit odd - he was yawning alot while he signed for the guy in front of me! Luckily he actually said a few words to me like 'hello' and 'thanks buddy' but he did seem very uninterested with the whole thing. He also took ages to write even his own name, at one point I thought he fell asleep halfway through signing for me lol! Was still an honour to meet him though! I suppose I'd be the same if I was stuck in that overcrowded oven Earls Court all day!

I really wanted to meet Dina and Casper but didn't get to, hopefully next time! Yeah, Jason Mewes seemed to having fun in his saturday photoshoot. He was fun at the awards too. I didn't get to meet Anthony Head, but he was huge fun at the comic awards, did you go to that? He was awesome there.

Actually having just seen your picture I recognised you as being in the same cramped Jason Mewes queue as me! Small world :)

I'm sure Casper & Dina will come back, you must meet them next time, they were so awesome :)...No i didn't go to the comic awards :( was it good? Did Anthony sing? i heard him tell someone that he might do that.

Awesome, it is a small world :) I had a 20 minute window between 2 photo shoots so i thought i'd quickly get his autograph then right as he got to me he went to the toilet. Luckily my next photo shoot was 40 minutes long so i had a bit of time. It was just a real effort getting to photo shoot areas lol.

• Like 1

I'm always so nervous and shy when I get autographs so I usually opt for photos.

However David Hewlett has always been a ultimate must meet person for me. SO i got a photo and a auto.

I was the last person to get an autograph after me they started turning people away... so i got the chance to have a bit of a chat. I actually managed more than a shy thank you very much hope you are having a nice time before running away and managed to have a little chat. He was soooo friendly in the photo and even more so when i got an autograpgh. His voice sounded like it was going but he was still super kind and seemed like he was still very happy to be there.

Really made my weekend :blush::clap:

Met him on Friday, been wanting to for a long time and was not disappointed. We started off having a bit of a friendly argument though as he was convinced we'd met before and that he recognised me. I had to work hard to persuade him this was my first time meeting him. Had a great chat, lovely funny guy and talks just as fast in real life as on screen :)

All the guest I met were fantastic, it felt like they wanted to be there and really appreciated their fans.

Casper Van Dien has to be the top of my list. I swear he was having more fun then the fans.

Got a couple of awesome pictures with me, him and my brother.

Rico's Roughnecks :smile:

• Like 2

I had an amazing time. Dina Meyer was my fave guest of the weekend, she was also the reason i was there as well so i was so pleased when she was so awesome. I ended up going back on Sunday to meet her again. She really took the time with people & was very chatty. She also looked like she was genuinely having fun meeting people. I told her she was the main reason I was there & she started asking me where i was from & how long it took to get there & then thanked me for making the journey. On the Sunday photo shoot she remembered me from meeting her 4 hours before so that was nice. She also remembered me from Twitter, both Sat & Sun after she asked my name she asked me if i was on twitter. Lena Headey was also really cool, got a nice pic with her that i love...thanks to the guy on Sunday who gave me his VT for Lena, i wouldn't have been able to meet her again otherwise & wanted to tell her i'd been a fan since gossip which i completely forgot to do Sat so i told her Sunday. Loved meeting Jason Mewes, Robert Knepper, Casper Van Dien, Anthony Head, Robert Hays & Wendy Glenn too. Had photo's with Juliet Landau, Summer Glau & Michael Madsen as well but didn't get their autographs. Everybody i met were really nice.

I really wanted to meet Dina and Casper but didn't get to, hopefully next time! Yeah, Jason Mewes seemed to having fun in his saturday photoshoot. He was fun at the awards too. I didn't get to meet Anthony Head, but he was huge fun at the comic awards, did you go to that? He was awesome there. Actually having just seen your picture I recognised you as being in the same cramped Jason Mewes queue as me! Small world :)

I'm sure Casper & Dina will come back, you must meet them next time, they were so awesome :)...No i didn't go to the comic awards :( was it good? Did Anthony sing? i heard him tell someone that he might do that. Awesome, it is a small world :) I had a 20 minute window between 2 photo shoots so i thought i'd quickly get his autograph then right as he got to me he went to the toilet. Luckily my next photo shoot was 40 minutes long so i had a bit of time. It was just a real effort getting to photo shoot areas lol.

Wasn't it just?

Yeah he sang, it was good :) the awards were pretty wild in a way. It was over dead quick, and awkward things would happen like there wouldn't be awards to actually give or people not knowing what was next. Jason Mewes fielded a brief Q&A which immediately led to a question I can't repeat here (though I can tell you on fb or twitter). Tony Head just kept people laughing the whole time, more often than not making himself laugh on stage. I mean without him, gawd knows but with him being the host he saved the day.

Edited by stevie_g
  • Like 2