Experiences with Guests!

I very unexpectedly and last minute got a ticket for a photo with Lena Headey and since I have social anxiety disorder and had no time to mentally prepare myself, I was seriously nervous and shaking like a leaf. The SM attendant was beckoning me closer when I was next but I just froze. Then it was my turn and Lena was now beckoning me over but I couldn't move and my brain just was going "WHAT DO WHAT DO WHAT DO???!!!!!" Somehow I inched my way towards her and she gave me a massive hug and told me not to be afraid and I got a lovely photo with her and I apologised for being such a scaredy cat but she was really sweet about it and said it was really no problem at all and called me brave.

I really want to thank her for putting up with my anxiety stupidity. She couldn't have been nicer about it.

• Like 5

David Hewlett (Fri) - my main guest and he was absolutely lovely. Spent a few minutes chatting to each guest - seemed really interested in everyone who came to meet him. Great guy! Happy to pose for photos - in fact he was asking if people wanted them before they had a chance

Philip Grieve (Fri) - nice guy, plenty of time with each guest, chatted about New Zealand, happy to pose for photos

Guy Siner (Fri) - what a legend, really nice guy, totally lived up to expectations, happy to pose for photos

Stan Lee (Fri) - only had a photoshoot with him, but he asked how I was, seemed smiley and pleased to be there

Finn Jones (Fri) - very friendly and smiley, pleasure to meet, happy to pose for photos

Kristian Nairn (Fri) - friendly and chatty with everyone

Gethin Anthony (Sat) - lovely guy, chatty and happy to pose for photos

Daniel Portman (Sat) - no photos, but friendly and chatty

Will Tudor (Sat) - a real sweetheart, so glad I met him, happy to pose for photos and chat

Summer Glau (Sat) - lovely guest, was adding quotes to her autos, and seemed happy and smiley, no photos

Ellie Kendrink (Sun) - sweet and friendly, happy to pose for photos

Sibel Kekilli (Sun) - lovely guest, seemed a little shy but happy to pose for photos and smile for everyone

Jack Donnelly (Sun) - a real bundle of energy, lovely guy, chatty, happy to pose for photos

Robert Emms (Sun) - nice guy, happy to pose for photos, no idea why he had no queue and Jack next door had VTs and was very busy

Sarah Parrish (Sun) - loved her for ages in just about everything and she did not disappoint, chatty and friendly, happy to pose for photos and seemed really surprised people wanted to meet her

Really great guests - wish I could have met more but I just couldn't afford it, hopefully they'll be back soon!

hi

guests I met

1) cowboy james storm had a quick chat even got a free gift ( favourite guest)

2) david Hewlett a very nice guy even had a selfie with him.

3)Helen slater very chatty

4) Jamie bamber had a photo and a quick chat (favourite guest)

5) carrie fisher

6) david wenham

7) lena headey said hi and thank you

8) anneka wells

9) jenna coleman said hi and thank you

10) terry Farrell said hi and thank you

11) casper van dien

did not get to meet stan lee or ian mcdirmid or Diana meyer as my brother got them for me

George A Romero was fantastic shook my hand and chatted away to me then shook both my boys hands and started to talk to them, and kept on checking if the autograph was dry ! lovely man. Then took my youngest to see Tyler Mane who made a big fuss of him and let us take pictures as he tried to wrestle his Captain America shield from him, made my boys day !

• Like 1

Amy 'lita' Dumas - absolute sweetheart,loved her had a good chat about music and discussed the ramones,brilliant guest

Dave prowse - met dave before and he suprised me this time,I find him usually quite reserved but this time he was very chatty and brilliant

Kenny baker - caught him proper eyeing up 2 cosplayers,right little old dog but lovely

GoZer - quite reserved but I actually enjoyed talking to her,honest answer when I asked her when she last watched ghostbusters 'not for years,don't really enjoy it' :/

Mickie james - again really lovely has a beautiful mother to be glow,such a sweetheart

Billy dee williams - coolest man on the planet

Michael biehn - nice guy talked about terminator and he said he had watched it three months ago and how he thought the effects were starting to show there age,interesting chat

Jason mewes - star of the show for me,like talking to a mate,told him how much of an influence he was on me regarding how he turned his life around and that I wa trying to do the same,gave me an awesome hug and told me I can do it,will never forget that

Carrie fisher - just a sweetheart fantastic guest..Gary is fantastic too!

• Like 2

Just Bernard Cribbins for me. He asked what time I had got there and where we were from. When I said Cornwall he took the mick out of my accent and said he loved Poldark and loves Cornwall. It was awesome!!

When I got my photo with him at the table he was pointing at me saying "shes a proper cornish girl"!! Amazing!

• Like 1

Jason Mewes, was ace. On the Friday, he was stood in front of his table. Talking, posing for pics, just being game for anything really.

A top, top guy.

He did the same thing during the entire weekend. He was awesome throughout, totally genuine and had time to listen and chat with absolutely everyone. Witty, mature, professional and most of all just plain fun. He vandalised his own placement photo before it became cool and the GoT cast started doing it :)

• Like 1

Had a thoroughly good time and meet a hell of a lot of guests and some really friendly people both on the Train to the event (Clapham to West Brom - Green Goblin), and in the queue for the entrance (Sunday 7:30am), Stan Lee photo shoot (Sunday Midday - Green Goblin again. lady with ticket over 500 but Gold pass and Danger Mouse) and Paul McGann and the Tardis (Saturday 2:30pm ish - very polite lady that queue jumped with me - authorised by SM of course) the guests I met are:

Autographs:

Stan Lee - for a guy thats 92 he was exceptionally with it and happy (Met Friday)

Carrie Fisher - Was undecided to begin with but glad I was proved wrong a very nice lady :)

Jason Narvy - Both he and Paul have not changed since being in Power rangers such a comedic double act well worth there money!

Paul Schrier

Milo Ventimiglia - Awesome Guy, friendly, chatty an all round top guest , shame it doesn't look like he will be in Heroes :(

Robert Knepper - very talkative, great guy nice over the desk photo op ;)

Casper Van Dien - insiders gossip - Starship troopers part 4/reboot look out for Casper!

Glenn Morshower - Loved 24, loved Aaron Pierce, LOVED Glenn Morshower, just wish I had got a proper photo with him now :(

Juliet Landau - nice as pie!

David Yost - Very softly spoken, glad I met him.

Terry Farrell - My most wanted guest, I wasnt let down - AWESOME is the word I would use to Describe Terry

Issac Hempstead Wight - Last minute guest, excellent addition, sweet young man, I think he was as excited as all his guests were which i think made everyone even more happy after meeting him - Bring him back!

Edward James Olmos - Jamie and Edward, if I didnt know any better I would have said they were father and Son in real life! Excellent gents.

Jamie Bamber

Dina Meyer

Anthony Head - My other most wanted guest, buffy was my favourite show and still is, Anthony is a amazing guest, glad I had my photo with him, best one of the day, very happy gent, funny (like a kid in a sweet shop when i saw him twice)

Jenna Coleman - Was a little let down with Jenna, but after my auto heard she was under the weather, hope she comes back and feels better soon!

David Hewlett - Excellent man, loved to talk wish I could have stayed chatting for longer

Paul Freeman - Had to meet him just for Ivan Ooze, wasnt too talkative though.

Michael Biehn - was disapointed with Michael , didnt seem like he wanted to be there, sign and go sign and go :( maybe it was just me.......

Summer Glau - Lovely lady, liked to chat excellent addition.

Photos:

Bernard Cribbins

Finn Jones and Gethin Anthony

Stan Lee

Milo Ventimiglia

David Hewlett

Anthony Head

Paul McGann and the Tardis

Terry Farrell

Overall very happy with my choices cant really fault any guest, has to be exhausting for everyone (Guest, cosplayer, SM Crew and us attendees) taking part!

Edited by ritchyb1983

I only met TJ Thyne but he was everything i thought he'd be and more (maybe less that man is tiny!!) he was so chatty gave everyone a hug and free little bits and bobs too, he managed to make conversation with everyone which when you're shy like I am and sometimes not sure what to talk about lol is amazing. I loved him and have been asking for him for years on here and I was not disappointed, I hope they bring him back to one of the smaller events!!

I had a photo with Stan Lee which was ok but conveyor belt esque which was to be expected!

• Like 3

I only met TJ Thyne but he was everything i thought he'd be and more (maybe less that man is tiny!!) he was so chatty gave everyone a hug and free little bits and bobs too, he managed to make conversation with everyone which when you're shy like I am and sometimes not sure what to talk about lol is amazing. I loved him and have been asking for him for years on here and I was not disappointed, I hope they bring him back to one of the smaller events!!

I had a photo with Stan Lee which was ok but conveyor belt esque which was to be expected!

Which bug did you get from TJ? (I realise how this sounds for those who don't know what I mean but I'm not sure how else I can word it lol)

My kid had a photo with David Hewlett. My kid: quite shy, but when the photography went wrong (all the photos came out black so he had to stand there with DHew's arm around him for quite a while as they resolved the problem) he told me afterwards with great satisfaction that DHew had hissed "child of darkness!" at him.

I really loved seeing DHew's little online video blogs he'd made of being at the con. He's a total fanboy at heart, too, so gets where we are coming from.

• Like 1

Me and my friend went up to Will Tudor cause NOBODY was talking to him, and he was absolutely lovely. Spent a good ten minutes chatting to us about where we were from, what it was like etc. really very very charming, a shame he seemed almost bored ;)

I wanted to do the same but I'm too shy!

• Like 1

Which bug did you get from TJ? (I realise how this sounds for those who don't know what I mean but I'm not sure how else I can word it lol)

He gave me a pink dragonfly type one because he told me it complemented what I was wearing, I 💜 him 😘

• Like 1

Jeremy Bulloch - what a lovely man. Really took time to speak to my 4 year old when he asked him how he (Boba Fett) escaped from the worm (mighty sarlak).

Jeremy Bulloch has been doing the convention scene for quite some time; he is a very nice guest who always has time to meet attendees and stands on the opposite side of the table. He is by far my favorite guest and i'm glad you had a goid experience with him too.

Attended Sunday and met several guests as follows;

1) Michael Beihn - very chatty and had a good vonversation going with my nine yrs old son. Shook hands and even posed for a photo too.

2) Gary Kurtz - quite chatty, shook hands and posed for an over table photo too.

3) Julius Leflore - quiet but polite, shook hands and posed for over the table photo.

4) Katie Dickie - very chatty/polite, shook hands but just stopped posing for photos due to big queue (unfortunately).

5) Carrie Fisher - chatty and polite, but no posed photos.

6) Ian Mcdiarmid - chatty and polite, shook hands but no posed photos.

7) Daniel Kash - chatty and polite, shook hands but no posed photos.

All in all the guests were great, shame about the Stan Lee debacle.

I was at LFCC for the Friday Stan Lee afternoon, preview evening & Saturday day. Although overall this was probably the most disappointing Showmasters event of all time for me for various reasons covered already by people in various threads, here are my experiences with the guests I met, which on the whole were very much on the positive:

Stan Lee (Fri Afternoon): Arrived at 11:40 and all told it took around 2 hours to wait, meet him and come out. I can live with that & based on the rest of the weekend I should thank myself lucky I got his autograph. Stan was fine, looked up and smiled/thanked me. I asked for a fist bump (as he was doing this as opposed to a handshake) to which he happily obliged. I was expecting a light touch but Stan really laid in the fist. I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the experience that I got. :thumbup:

Guy Siner (Fri): Lovely man, happy to have a chat and picture at the table. When the crew member took the photo she had her finger over the flash to which Guy said in typical 'Allo 'Allo twang "You stupid woman!". He was happy to do a retake afterwards as well.

Glenn Morshower (Fri): Great Guy. Was spending time with everyone and happy to talk about the Transformers films. As I was leaving he shouted to me to "come back tomorrow and & have a chat". I thought the was nice and would have done so had I had the time.

Terry Farrell (Fri): Terry was so approachable. I was only able to get the autograph as she told me that she wasn't allowed to do posed photos due to the photoshoots. Terry was absolutely lovely though. She was looking over the pictures people had and in one incidence she said she like how her breasts looked in one! That made me chuckle. :lol:

Al Snow (Fri): Al is always good for a talk. With no queue for him I was able to chat about various different wrestling related things. Al was happy to stage a photo at the table where he was hitting me with Head. He didn't like it and we done it again with him positioning me. In fairness the second pic was better! lol :chair:

Transformers Vehicles (Fri): Ok technically not a guest as such but had a chat to the guys who brought the vehicles over and they were very nice. Happy to talk about their designs and what upcoming vehicles were in the pipeline. Hopefully they can be brought back and we can have some proper photoshoots. :whistling:

Stan Lee (Sat): This was the photoshoot. As most know, it's a walk in, get photo, walk out. The crew member needs to learn some communication skills though. There's better ways of relaying instructions as opposed to "I don't want to see anybody trying to touch Stan!!! Anyway the shoot was fine with Stan and I doing the Spiderman pose of shooting a web so that was cool. :spidy:

Paul Freeman (Sat): Top bloke. I was the first person to get a Hot Fuzz picture signed and before I got a chance to ask he asked me if I wanted "spam off Grasshopper!" on the pic. That made my day because I really did want that with the signature! He said that line was the main reason he took the part in the film as it was one of the best lines. I can't disagree with that. :P

John Hurt (Sat): Photoshoot and Autograph. Not too much to say about John. It was all by the numbers pleasantries although he did comment that my Aliens picture (with the alien coming out of his chest) must mean I like the gory stuff. He wasn't wrong though. lol

Carrie Fisher (Sat): Oh Carries dog! As a dog lover I wasn't put off but rather amused by its capers! In the photoshoot she was holding him and in ran into the queue, and in the autograph queue he was sitting on a chair next to her licking her face. Carrie was nice enough and personalised for me as well. There was no "no personalisations" sign at the time so didn't know. She was signing my name when the crew member said she wasn't meant to be doing it. I guess I got lucky with that one. :clap:

George A. Romero (Sat): Nice guy. No complaints at all with George. Didn't get much time with him but he came across as a real genuine guy who was pleased to meet people. I don't know if he did take a break but when he was asked when he wanted to stop for lunch I overheard him say words to the effect of "I better not stop because if I do stop I've stopped". Top Bloke.

Terry Farrell (Sat): Yes I got the photoshoot. She was very animated with everyone giving out hugs etc. I can't say enough nice things about her. Super lovely lady. :gorgeous:

Magnus (Sat): I've met Magnus a few times before and each time they've been a positive experience. This time I had a Gladiators picture with me to get signed. Again with no queue I was able to have a long chat about Gladiators and British wrestlers in TNA & WWE. Maguns was also cool enough to put me in a tight headlock for a photo at the table. :stretcher:

Charlie Higson (Sat): Confession is that although he was there promoting his books I wanted to meet him for The Fast Show. In my defense I don't think I was the only one in that boat. I bought his book as I wanted his autograph anyway, but asked if he was happy to sign a Fast Show item (8x10 of Swiss Toni) as well. I was the first to ask this and he asked how many items I had. As it was just the one he was happy to sign/personalise it for me and do a posed picture as the table as well. Nice guy and to get 2 autographs for the price of a £7.99 book I was well chuffed. :dance:

Every experience with everyone I met was a positive one it's just a shame the everything else that went on throughout the day spoilt it. I had a friend outside waiting to come in, which never happened. He'd been waiting for 4 hours and I felt so guilty that I was inside getting everyone I wanted and he couldn't even get into the building. He was very understanding and the guests I met were great, but alas this was the least amount of fun I've had at an event since I've started going to them.

Edited by LSM
  • Like 1

I had an autograph off Stan on Friday which if I had not made that I don't think I would have managed it at all. He was good. A quick sign and a quick thanks.

Summer Glau photo shoot on sat, she was nice, really looked at me and made good eye contact and said hi and bye. I did not manage to get her to sign it as I had ticket 294 and checked back several times during the day on Sunday but she got up to 250 then they put it down to 1 to 25 so I could not be bothered in the end as we had the Stan lee talk to get to.

Terry Farrell on the Sunday for a photo shoot and autograph. I was in captain america cosplay and she loved the outfit. She got very close and cuddly.

She was amazingly flirty when I got my autograph. She managed to make my blush so continued the flirtyness to make me blush more in front of my wife.

I met chase Masterson at her stall selling her CD. She was delightful. Still very beautiful and so chatty and lovely, a really pleasure to meet.

Lena Headey wasn't the best, although it was one I looked forward to. Was a photo shoot and the whole thing was a production run to get people in and out as quickly as possible. I understand this but when I approached she asked how I was doing and wasn't even looking at me - just checking out the queue of people still waiting. Chewing gum was rude too. When I answered I was doing good and pleased to meet her - no acknowledgement as we got in position for picture. The picture was done and off I went. The only good thing was I got to hug her and she felt great to hug...

George A Romero - nice bloke. Shook my hand, thanked me for coming to see him, I thanked him for all stuff undead and he laughed and said it was his pleasure. Had the picture done, shook hands again and wished me well. Very pleasant.

Michael Madsen - looked REALLY bored as we were queuing. He shook everyone's hand, said hi to them put his arm around them and they were taken away. When I got there he noticed my tee shirt (a cross between Pulp Fiction and Dr Who) and said what a cool shirt it was, before making me open my proper shirt up so he could have a proper look. Spent a bit of time chatting about it - he hadn't seen one before but it was so cool...Then posed for the picture...For me - he was the best and, as I hoped, the king of cool.

That. Is. So. Cool....

Paul McGann - he played a distant relative of mine (Percy Topliss) and when I told him, he spent a good 5 minutes chatting away to us like old friends, a really lovely down to earth guy. If it wasn't for me worry about the queue behind me I'm sure the chat would gone on for a while longer.

Also the author Kit (can't remember his surname), we were waiting for my daughter to get her book signed and we were stood by his table and we chatted for a good 15-20 minutes. Was really nice.

His name is Kit Cox. I went over to the book zone to find Robert Rankin and ended up in the middle of a conversation with him and the lady that was with Robert Rankin. Ended up buying a book off him a little while later. Very lovely Gentleman as is Robert Rankin :)

Jack Donelly- Very Lovely guy and was brilliant to talk to.

Gethin Antony- very lovely to talk to . Also helped me to make up my mind on the 8 by 10 since i liked quite a few of them.

Juliet Landau - Lovely to talk to . Signed in gold then i think she got another silver sharpie by the time she had finished it and was like " Do you want me to do it in silver instead"

Robert Hayes- Brilliant. Was even happy for my friend to have a photo with him , she doesn't have a phone with a camera on unfortunately so i had to take it on my phone.

I think practically every guest i met was brilliant.