Troubles at London Film and Comic Con- an open letter:

They hadn't stopped selling early bird tickets online, only standard entry ones.

I assure you they very much had. Or I would have had an EB ticket as was my intention. No tickets could be bought online by the time I was able- except for the tickets for things inside the venue like master classes etc.

All ticket sales stop at a certain advertised point as the Showmasters store staff need time to process them and get them sent out to people in a timely fashion to reach them in the post.

That is correct, hence why people are asking to change to etickets - as you would have mmore time because they wouldn't need to close it until right up until the event. What are people to do if there isn't anything they want to see whilst the on line tickets are availabel, but guests/events they do want to see are announced afterwards?

Completely agree- that would be good :)

They hadn't stopped selling early bird tickets online, only standard entry ones.

I assure you they very much had. Or I would have had an EB ticket as was my intention. No tickets could be bought online by the time I was able- except for the tickets for things inside the venue like master classes etc.

All ticket sales stop at a certain advertised point as the Showmasters store staff need time to process them and get them sent out to people in a timely fashion to reach them in the post.
That is correct, hence why people are asking to change to etickets - as you would have mmore time because they wouldn't need to close it until right up until the event. What are people to do if there isn't anything they want to see whilst the on line tickets are availabel, but guests/events they do want to see are announced afterwards?

Completely agree- that would be good :)

I do think e-tickets will be the way to go in the future and it wouldn't surprise me if Jason has already started looking at them as a possibility.

• Like 1

I agree too for if we had E-Tickets that we could print off on out own computers then showmaster could sell tickets up to the day before the event then close the shop and know the exact number of tickets sold and then give a post as to whether they will have any tickets at the door and exactly how many.

• Like 3

Why would I check my lawers?

You suggested that Showmasters don't have a duty of care to the staff, volunteers, guests & customers while attending the event & that locked fire doors isn't their responsiblilty.

If there was a fire there & the escapes were locked Showmasters as well as the Earls Court would be in serious legal trouble, especially if there had been fatalities.

As I mentioned your interpretation of my comment was misunderstood.

Additionally the moderators, as has been mentioned many times, are volunteers. We are not employed by Showmasters. You seem to be implying that I/we are.

You suggested that Showmasters don't have a duty of care to the staff, volunteers, guests & customers while attending the event & that locked fire doors isn't their responsiblilty.

If there was a fire there & the escapes were locked Showmasters as well as the Earls Court would be in serious legal trouble, especially if there had been fatalities.

Additionally the moderators, as has been mentioned many times, are volunteers. We are not employed by Showmasters. You seem to be implying that I/we are.

You seem to be speaking on their behalf and made a statement that was untrue. If you are unaware of the law it's probably best not to make comments like that.

• Like 1

You seem to be speaking on their behalf and made a statement that was untrue. If you are unaware of the law it's probably best not to make comments like that.

I did not - you misunderstood my statement as I have pointed out.

I did not - you misunderstood my statement as I have pointed out.
As could a lawyer looking back at it from a later date. You obviously mean well but the legalities in regard to Health & Safety are very complicated and points raised in a public forum need to be crystal clear. I am just trying to help. Edited by Salemzorro

I agree too for if we had E-Tickets that we could print off on out own computers then showmaster could sell tickets up to the day before the event then close the shop and know the exact number of tickets sold and then give a post as to whether they will have any tickets at the door and exactly how many.

What about those who cannot print then? It is all very well and good having E-tickets, but you have to provide the option of postal as well for those who cannot print!

What about those who cannot print then? It is all very well and good having E-tickets, but you have to provide the option of postal as well for those who cannot print!

That's true, you could have an option for physical tickets but then they would probably have to close those sales down early to ensure people got them in time :smile: thus the same problem potentially but from a different side.

That's true, you could have an option for physical tickets but then they would probably have to close those sales down early to ensure people got them in time :smile: thus the same problem potentially but from a different side.

Other sites have this option, but remove the postal option at the relevant time.

There's nothing to stop there being dual options (post , eticket) and you can pick the option that suits you- then when it gets too close to the event you stop the postal option and leave only etickets.

Though saying that if you don't have printer access then usually ya can get it printed at any workplace, or library, friends /family houses etc.

There's even Mtickets that go straight to your mobile.

Now they do cool things with etickets that can be printed before but can also be printed or reprinted on site at self-reg machines. We use them and they are really great and not too costly to implement at all.

Afternoon,

A lot of emphasis on reading (not all) the comments on this thread (that would take me all evening) are strongly directed at the H+S of the event

I, as stated Saturday, did not attend and have no idea what the place was like

Does anyone have any photos of the said locked fire exists or photos taken of the crowds inside

A picture says a thousand words.

I would assume SM would have a H+S policy together with a PLI policy in case of any incident that would involve injury to guests fans and staff either that a disclaimer would have to be clearly marked

So far my encounters with SM's events have been a 70/30 good and not so good result

SiFi

Edited by sparky Si

There's nothing to stop there being dual options (post , eticket) and you can pick the option that suits you- then when it gets too close to the event you stop the postal option and leave only etickets.

Though saying that if you don't have printer access then usually ya can get it printed at any workplace, or library, friends /family houses etc.

Now they do cool things with etickets that can be printed before but can also be printed or reprinted on site at self-reg machines. We use them and they are really great and not too costly to implement at all.

I know about all that! Just trying put across that for some people etickets and mtickets are not an option. And then there are people like me, who are old fashioned and love to keep the ticket stubs!

Afternoon,

A lot of emphasis on reading (not all) the comments on this thread (that would take me all evening) are strongly directed at the H+S of the event

Does anyone have any photos of the said locked fire exists or photos taken of the crowds inside

I would assume SM would have a H+S policy together with a PLI policy in case of any incident that would involve injury to guests fans and staff either that a disclaimer would have to be clearly marked

So far my encounters with SM's events have been a 70/30 good and not so good result

SiFi

I can believe the majority of their events are great. This one is an exception perhaps for all I know, but I and others still feel it needs addressing.

It is good to know the majority are good though!

I know about all that! Just trying put across that for some people etickets and mtickets are not an option. And then there are people like me, who are old fashioned and love to keep the ticket stubs!

Then a dual option would be nice compromise :)

Afternoon,

SiFi

I can believe the majority of their events are great. This one is an exception perhaps for all I know, but I and others still feel it needs addressing.

It is good to know the majority are good though!

Hi

I have always came on preview/Friday;s and avoid Saturdays like the plague.

MK has always been the choice for me, last CM I was in and out inside half n hour Three Autos purchased together with selfies

I speak as I found on the 70/30 ratio

SiFi

• Like 1

See, we can play nice can't we? LOL!

• Like 1

Absolutely! :D anger only begets anger after all.

• Like 2

Absolutely! :D anger only begets anger after all.

Well I know I am calmer now, purely because we have appeared to stopped attacking each other now.

Do you think they care? I'm still waiting for a response, explanation even an apology form the organisers. They absolutely raked it in this weekend with little or no concern about their customers, especially us old skool who remember turning up at earls court at their shows in the beginning and it was that empty you could play football in there!

Wow glad I opted out of going to this event in the end, so many negative comments and threads. Its like reading the forum of the other event that I attend (that event is hopeless negative feedback every time I read it) lol :BRUISED:

Feel sorry for those that did go to the event and did end up having a bad experience during the weekend :(

Edited by Sassy1988