Who was that person thread

Who was the crew member at the YALC area on Sunday afternoon, wearing doc martens boots, who helped me with my query?

The lovely girl queue managing at Stan Lee's Friday early signing??

She made my weekend!

Haha, the first one's definitely me (glad I could help!), the second one's either me or one of the other lovely ladies in the area across the afternoon. I was the one with the pink lanyard and not in a crew shirt, because I was actually at the venue early to do something else and got distracted...

Yes! And I crossed paths with you on Saturday as you were off to another area?

Quite possibly, I was literally everywhere on Saturday and it's all something of a blur. I was incognito in a yellow dress dashing around the autograph areas all day doing stuff for the show.

I'm sure it was, so just wanted to say thank you, you were lovely on both occasions I met you :)

Who was the crew member at the YALC area on Sunday afternoon, wearing doc martens boots, who helped me with my query?

She made my weekend!

Haha, the first one's definitely me (glad I could help!), the second one's either me or one of the other lovely ladies in the area across the afternoon. I was the one with the pink lanyard and not in a crew shirt, because I was actually at the venue early to do something else and got distracted...

Hi...I've seen you at numerous shows in the past year or two, probably starting with you doing photo sessions in Glasgow...but I don't mean that in a mad stalker way, just that your smiling face is always about. I noticed you were flat out helping everyone and anyone with their queries at the Stan Lee Sunday shoot too. Very helpful you are. I didn't really talk to you properly at the show, but I'm sure you were far too busy to chat anyway.

It was my first con in minor cosplay so would like to thank anyone who noticed, especially the female Capt America who stood next to me and just said "Stark", wish I hadn't been flumoxed by it and thought to reply 'Old man' ;)

Also bumped into Isaac Hempstead Wright, I'm guessing as he went from the photoshoot back to the signing area. I didn't realise it was him, just a really bouncy guy who was seemingly impressed with my Tony Stark and seemed so excited by the whole event. After walking past him I realised who it was and wish I'd said hello to a fellow Stark...

Always think of these things afterwards.... :D

D4vem88 and Zagreus you are both incredibly sweet, thank you very much. Sometimes show-days can be full of quite thankless tasks, obviously we do it for kicks not for thanks, but it is very lovely to be remembered all the same!

I crew most shows, come say hi next time. I think I probably was too busy to chat this weekend (didn't get a chance to see half my crew buddies!) but for better or for worse, most of our events aren't on quite the same scale as LFCC...

• Like 1

The guy who was in front of me in the queue outside on Saturday dressed as Deadpool he was with his girlfriend dressed as Death and another lad. We joined the queue about 12:30 and spent the next 4 hours with him then lost him as soon as we got inside.

Who was the crew member who was assisting outside of Sibel’s autograph booth for a while on Sunday?

She was really cute and looked really familiar which was bugging me the whole time I was queuing for Ian Mcdiarmid.
She was wearing a hoody with a Disney villainesses design.
I would have said hi if I wasn’t so busy… and a little shy.

I don't think we are allowed to say when cosplayers are attractive though. Simon Pegg got into some trouble over this from the PC brigade a little while ago I seem to remember.

Whaaat? The only people who would oppose to it are probably those that never get complimented themselves and they label such compliments as "objectification" or some other femi-nazi term. Men like women and yes, women DO like men too - get over it! I mean check out the girls in this thread going on about Bane's arms!! Nothing wrong with liking how something looks (or tastes/feels/sounds/smells) and expressing it politely. Sh**, I walked right up to Danni Divine and flat-out let her know unapologetically without any shame or hesitation whatsoever that I was interested in her and thought she looked hot and sexy. And she loved it. Of course you can't be that direct with everyone but in this case I knew she'd be OK with it.

Edited by nicky
  • Like 1

Who was the tall guy managing the Stan Lee photo queue on Friday?

Will I regret saying "me"?

Haha not at all! I wanted to say thank you for being so direct and clear whilst organising that line, it made everything so much easier x

Haha not at all! I wanted to say thank you for being so direct and clear whilst organising that line, it made everything so much easier x

Thank you. Some people see it as quite authoritarian but in the end I'm glad we got as many people through in that time as we did. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the show.

• Like 1

Just coming on to make sure that the Cheshire Cat, Spiderman, Katniss and there friends made it back to where they were staying ok on Sat evening. Spiderman had a loss of direction, Spidey sense must not work to well in the confines of the underground.

They all looked great as did loads of the other cos players there. My hats of to those with the skill to put together a great costume and the guts to give it a go :clap:

Can I ask a slightly different version of the 'who was that person' question?

Might give away my lack of knowledge, but what were the cars at the front of the venue from? I only had a brief peak as & can't find anything on the website to see if they were from a show/film. Thanks

Might give away my lack of knowledge, but what were the cars at the front of the venue from? I only had a brief peak as & can't find anything on the website to see if they were from a show/film. Thanks

Do you mean Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and a few other Transformers?

Thank you. Some people see it as quite authoritarian but in the end I'm glad we got as many people through in that time as we did. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the show.

I did, thanks :)

Does anyone know or have the twitter (or whatever) contact details for the artist in the stands who was doing Adventure Time caricatures? She signed my caricature 'Jawn', I've had loads of people asking who did it for me but stupidly I forgot to take a card or anything. Any info much appreciated :)

Hot Bane is all I'm going to say, I think he's gathering quite the fanbase lol

Was chatting with him on friday in Dina Meyers auto q he didnt have his bane gear on but what chatting to him about it, so to add to his fan base he is a very nice guy, very chatty well in to his cosplay esp bane i mean the dude is built for the part. Unfortunately cant remember his name sorry.

Oh meant to say a thanks to the girl in the Cat Woman outfit at the Peavey Guitar stand, Thanks for commenting on my nails, although it was a sales pitch still made me smile, and i was in need of a ukulele, so winners all round.

Edited by MiniDawson

Hi all

This is probably a long shot but I'm looking for a girl I met at the Summer Glau autograph queue.

It was around closing time (18;00) on Saturday and because of the crazy situation I didn't have the chance to talk to her a bit more.

She had the terminator dvds for signing and she told me like me it was the first time she's been to a convention.

Do you mean Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and a few other Transformers?

Yes, thanks to google, I believe that's exactly what I mean :smile: Thank you

She made my weekend!

You did great!

And your sunny disposition made waiting in line much more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been :thumbup: