autograph problem

Hi I got autographs from dave prowse, kenny baker and billy dee williams on friday but for some reason the silver sharpie they used wont dry properly and u cant put the poster away. Is there anything I can do to save them? Ive never had this problem with silver sharpie before.

Edited by vicky

Did you print the picture yourself? It will be that the ink won't stick to the paper, i've had this problem with one of mine from a con last year, i've just left it tbh as it was only a £10 autograph! Not sure though what can be done!

Yeah ive heard that too.

Hi Vicky

Are you still at the show? I'm guessing not but if you are, approach one of the autograph dealer stalls and ask there (they will know best). Otherwise...anyway to keep them somewhere safe until you get an answer?

Sorry not much help but I would assume the autograph collectors will be able to help!

My fiancé had his 'The Empire Strikes Back' US One-Sheet signed in silver over the weekend by Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Jeremy Bulloch, Gary Kurtz and Ian Mcdiarmid with no problems at all. Sounds like it could be a problem with the actual material of your poster. I know he has had a few problems in the past when he has produced and taken his own images (he doesn't like to talk about the Matt Smith 'incident') but never with a poster. Its always worth asking any of the autograph dealers for help and advice.

Laminating is the best option in my opinion - as long as there's not loads of ink on the page for it to potentially smudge...? I wouldn't go for hairspray as in my experience it leaves an unpleasant layer of tack on the photo which can sometimes been seen in certain lights. You can get professional sealing spray for almost anything - best thing to do is use trusty Google if you go down that road. :)

if you still haven't had any luck, from experience i have had a lot of success with hairspray, some nice cheap and cheerful stuff from your local shop will do it, would try this route before trying laminating it. However this is just what I have had success with in the past not seeing the paper/ink it would have to be your decision.