John Hurt

Might just be me or did they have John hurt doing to many things yesterday, I was on a standard ticket so was in round about 11.30 went straight to get a VT which was number 879 which was fine but with him doing autographs 2 photo shoots and a talk didn't leave much time signing towards the end of the day by 5 they was only allowing 1 - 500 was the final total for signings for the day bit disappointed not seeing him but my day wasn't ruined.

Edited by Drwho80

I had a VERY pleasant experience yesterday-

Was RIGHT after I'd met Princess Fisher (and what a real peach she was) and with my stuff just been signed I made my way down that little alleyway only to be told to wait a minute and from the other direction Mr. Hurt himself came walking up it, (even though I've met him a few times before it was a TRUE honour to meet him again) we exchanged "Morning" pleasantries and very gracious he was with it as well. :)

• Like 3

I met John Saturday morning for autographing my Lord of The Rings album and have to say unfortunately I was erm star struck and couldn't speak other than to say thank you. I did however mellow slightly when I did the photo shoot and thanked him for all the hours of pleasure he's given me over the years (LOTR, The Storyteller, Naked Civil Servant, Alien, Elephant Man, I Clavdivs and most recently Dr Who) and his comment was something along the lines of "Not a problem that's what I'm here". :dance:

He was fantastic to meet, very nice to my children and appreciated my comment how I loved him in Harry Potter, despite choosing a Doctor Who shot to be signed!

OMG I can't believe I forgot Harry Potter! Even more so I forgot to ask him to sign my Deathly Hallows in addition to the LOTR sountrack album - doh!

That was a very happy encounter for me. He was signing pretty fast when I met him and, understandably, wasn't personalizing, but I got the chance to say what I've always wanted to say to him, which is that I love his voice because it's GORGEOUS. He beamed at me. :D

• Like 1

He was fantastic to meet, very nice to my children and appreciated my comment how I loved him in Harry Potter, despite choosing a Doctor Who shot to be signed!

OMG I can't believe I forgot Harry Potter! Even more so I forgot to ask him to sign my Deathly Hallows in addition to the LOTR sountrack album - doh!

My kids chose the photo but I was excited to see him more for Harry Potter than Doctor who!

My kids chose the photo but I was excited to see him more for Harry Potter than Doctor who!

I can imagine. I just love him full stop hence the omission from the long list ;-)

What was the deal with his big moustache? I'm guessing it was for a part but what?

No, he's had it for a while now, occasionally grows a full, big beard too. :smile:

I loved him myself, I've retired myself from these events for a while, but if he's confirmed to appear again, I'll come back! :thumbup::whistling:

Edited by Tina197

Awesome top guy had a brief chat and he asked me (as I had four Who items with me) "Not a Harry Potter fan then?" I said "no that's my daughters bag" but again came away happy with my four items signed exactly how I wanted them and the correct colour pens as well, totally landed my Other Doctor figure set previously signed by Paul McGann in bronze and now By John Hurt in gold and the other Doctor Sonic Screwdriver signed in red. A white card in gold and a 12x8 from Night Of The Doctor in silver (to match Pauls) Safe to say I am sorted for Mr Hurt but it would be nice to see him again as he is truly a first class actor and a gentleman to boot.

I really wanted to meet him but i got a really high vt number thinking about I wish I had cheekily asked some one in the queue as I went old school and wanted this signing :(

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Kane-and-Ash.jpg

That is truly old school! ;)

I'm a HUGE Alien fan but still can't make my mind up whether to get some of that series.

I really wanted to meet him but i got a really high vt number thinking about I wish I had cheekily asked some one in the queue as I went old school and wanted this signing :(http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Kane-and-Ash.jpg

That is truly old school! ;)

I'm a HUGE Alien fan but still can't make my mind up whether to get some of that series.

If you can afford the blue cards I would, black cards I probably wouldn't if your not sure

I'd be curious to know how many extra fans met him this year (since being in Doctor Who) compared to when he was at EMS in 2011.

Doctor Who was one of the reasons I met him, but he's been in so many things I love, and considering I missed him last time, I insisted he would be top of my list this time. He'll stay at the top of my list too, ready for him to (hopefully) come back again. :thumbup: