What a joke

Let me start by saying every guest I saw yesterday great friendly and nice that's about all I can say that's nice the venue was over crowded hot with no air con photo shoots late went outside for 2 mins then they wasn't going to let me back I told them I had a photo shoot and was told sorry your get your money back but you not comming in yeah right I don't think so mate just walked past them I love comic but yesterday was beyond a joke

• Like 1

I can't access my posts on the other "what a joke" thread...I assume it's gone into the bowels of the forum for "re-design & development" *snorts*...

Yeah...the whole experience for me was a scary mess of a joke....

And apparently my crowd danger fears are being dismissed as "drama and fiction" by the Convention Owner....gives me great confidence in spending more money with him eh?

NOT a happy bunny ...:(

Well the forum guidelines state they don't want to hear negative comments. So i guess they are happy to sweep it all under the carpet as they line their pockets.

Come on SM admit that Saturday proves you have finally got too big for your boots and you need to knock it down a notch or two.

• Like 3

Did have a chat a while ago with SM staff asking if guest ever read the forum to be told they 100% do and there was a issue at a previous event with a guest being upset about comments.

As we're all fans and want to attend these events you can see why comments that have guests names in would be removed.

If they did knock it back a notch people would be complaining that the level of guests were poor so you can't win.

I have to say I am extremely disappointed / surprised that my post has disappeared. I did not write anything offensive or dishonest. I mentioned about the good parts of my day and how hard Jason has worked to get big name guests and make LFCC a big worldwide event. However, I also gave CONSTRUCTIVE feedback about how it could be improved and how changes need to be made to ensure that this huge increase in people are dealt with in a fair and timely manner. SM have lots of supporters and those supporters work hard to help it progress by buying tickets early, helping each other on forums, volunteering for events, Moira's hard work with pre-orders or the sterling job that David B does on the SM social network. It is human nature to want to hear only positive comments. That's why the thread with 52 of them is left prominently in tact. However, SM is a business and the people buying tickets and spending money are customers. We deserve to be able to post views on this forum as long as we are not dishonest or offensive. Our views should be listened to by the decision makers at SM as SM should care about providing good customer service. I was disappointed by how I and others were treated yesterday. I had a prepaid early bird ticket and did not get in until 10.25 due to people pushing in front and there being no crowd control. SM needs to start employing some form of security to manage queues outside even if they only employ them for a few hours to help with the initial rush. It is not possible to rely on a relatively small amount of volunteers to oversee so much. The volunteers are helpful and do their very best and are a credit to SM but many have not had the chance to be adequately trained especially to deal with as Jason said around 50% more people this year and to know about all the new aspects that happened at the event this year. I understand that this year was a big learning curve for SM and expanding the show was always going to cause a few niggles. I, like I'm sure many, found aspects of the show to enjoy, especially the guests and the quality of the photo shoot photos but after spending over £700 on autos, photos and travel I feel disappointed that my comments as well as the comments of others are casually deleted because SM doesn't want to hear anything except what a wonderful job they are doing. Maybe it's time I spent my money elsewhere if that's the case. *waits for this post to get removed too*

• Like 1

Did have a chat a while ago with SM staff asking if guest ever read the forum to be told they 100% do and there was a issue at a previous event with a guest being upset about comments.

As we're all fans and want to attend these events you can see why comments that have guests names in would be removed.

If they did knock it back a notch people would be complaining that the level of guests were poor so you can't win.

But the "what a joke" thread that was all about the queuing and over-crowding was not guest related and named no guests.

I wondered where my thread went

I assume it was removed because somebody started threatrening legal action. That's usually a swift ticket to the "mods-only" area for any thread.

Edited by TommyT

The fact that they've deleted the whole thread from yesterday and that they are ignoring our comments,just cements my original comment of me never coming to comic con ever again...these people are out for your money and don't care what so ever about fans welfare...if health and safety officials had turned up yesterday they would have had a fit.I for one didn't even bother with it...I was sensible,saw the queue and went elsewhere instead,this has been a long time coming,the event has escalated so much the venue can no longer cope.I hear that they didn't turn the aircon on as it was expensive...I'm sure they can afford it at £10 minimum for people's autographs! it's turned into a money grabbing selfish event that I no longer wish to be associated with...this comment will be deleted as they don't like negative comments...but hay showmasters that's life...if you run an event in a rubbish way,you will get rubbish comments,if people have got any sense they will see that "meeting" these stars for a few seconds is not worth this hassle..I spent over £50 just getting to the event and to not to get in....that's not a joke...that's beyond a joke! hope many get to read this before the post Nazis remove it.

Makes me laugh the people who moan that you have to pay for a autograph. How do you think showmasters pay for the guests?

No-one is complaining about paying for autographs. Clear you are not reading anything here and just stirring up trouble.

• Like 1

Actually read the post above mine. Not stiring up trouble at all quite a lot of people moaning about stuff if they were prepared before going would not had as many problems. I had 8 photoshoots yesterdays and a talk and autos to get and I manage everyone and also found time to leave the building go to lunch and a couple of pints for a hour and comeback all on a early bird ticket and getting in the queue at 7.50am Saw it yesterday at the event. People who didn't have vt tickets trying to see guest and then moaning when told they have to have a v ticket like everyone else. People moaning they didn't know where photo zones were. Well look at the maps on the wall we did and I also saw plenty other people looking and also talking a photo on it so they had it on their phones.

Actually read the post above mine.

I did read, and re-read the post above yours and still no-one is complaining about paying for autographs!

What that post was complaining about was aircon not being turned on considering autographs are £10 minimum especially with the numbers of people that went yesterday.

So please actually quote to me where people are complaining about paying for autographs!

The main problem is the event is too big for the venue with too few staff. Out of all the events I have been to the best buy some way is collectormainia at Milton Keynes and that's free entry but the building is perfect, many entrances and exits with things spread around. Yesterday was unpleasant way overcrowded and to not use air con for most the day was ridiculous. Open up more entrances into the building put staff at the end of the lines its hard to know if you are in the right ticket line when your over a 1000m away from the A4 sign on the door. However I must say all the guests I met were very pleasant, I just hope the organizing can be done better than it is at the moment.

• Like 2

Well I went today and comic con was back to its old self thank god it was a completely different vibe today in the building everyone seemed a little bit more relaxed and everything was run a lot better photo shoots was on time and everyone seemed to know what was going on not sure what happened yesterday but let's hope it NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN

It felt so hectic yesterday that I could not try to look at any stalls with how many people was in the building and apparently some people was saying that there is a lot of space that SM wasn't using, but I did manage to get all of my photo shoots done in the same day so that's a huge plus. I believe it felt so much easier today, I didn't have any guest to see besides the amazing Summer Glau but I could actually go round and see the awesome stuff