GoT Screening Mystery Guest?

I assume someone pulled out as that can't possibly have been what they intended...

Probably, but they should have apologized and tried to make up for it I think...with the big amount of GOT fans canceling, and the mystery guests being a big part of the original appeal of the 20£ screening....this was a harsh blow.

Really, the guys were amazing, and I love them to death for how funny they were, but fact remains that while it was supposed to start at 7, there was a massive mess beforehand, and at 7:30 people started being let in, and the episode really wasn't very relevant to the guests they had I think personally.

• Like 2

I don't imagine for one second that they envisiged that as the mystery guest (or i really hope they didn't!), but certainly it's a relief for me that i didn't go for this, was too exhausting & hot after 4 hours in there & just couldn't face coming back again. Was panicking slightly that they'd managed to pull off a masterstroke of a guest.

Yeah, I was gutted about this too. I kinda felt we were misled about the purchase. Also, couldn't they have changed the episode to be more relevant to the actors they had? Also, why no Bluray? ;P

I am wondering if maybe it was Peter Dinklage but he cancelled last minute, just because of the episode they picked for the screening and all. Would have been nice for Lena to be there too.

I agree about the got screening

Don't advertise a special guest then bring out a fake guest, a bit of a misleading comment really and feel it's a bit misselling

Plus it was a lot later than scheduled

And not a relevant episode to the actors in it. Hoda wasn't even in it, pog didn't say a word and tyrell only appeared at the end

I expect a bit more for an event where show masters got close to £20k of turnover

I enjoyed the screening (though subtitles would have been nice) but I really would appreciate an explanation for why there wasn't a mystery guest. :( Even if it's just that they pulled out at the last minute. When the host said "it's Jack Gleeson!" it seemed like a lot of people cheered thinking that was actually true. But nope, just a piñata... which while funny, was really disappointing! I wonder if Jack Gleeson was really supposed to be the guest, it would make sense with the episode that was chosen.