well wtf happened there

Not everyone who takes a VQ tickets decides to get a autograph in the end. We've done it in the past. Sometimes we not too sure if to get a guest auto so we grab a vq tickets and have a think about it and decide while walking around looking at stuff. I've also given my vq ticket to people in the past if I've decide not to get a auto if I see someone near the signing with a higher number.

Or if you want to see someone that desperately just jump the queue as that seems to be the normal practice nowadays. I know its wrong but doesn't stop people from doing it. I didn't get Stan lee cos i cant be in two places at once. Maybe in future if a guest of such a huge calibre is announced then it could be kept to an event with just that one guest a sort of mini event where you can only gain access by ticket. No ticket no entry keep it simple. That way you control the numbers and know exactly how many are going to turn up. No fuss no hassles and everyone who turns up goes away happy. Sorry just a suggestion....

Its put me off going to london again. We had early bird tickets, started walking to the back of the queue which turned out to have doubled round, so we had to walk back the way we had come. No showmasters staff around. While waiting to go in, cars, coaches and a bin truck fought with people in a triple queue. Should have been more officials on this queue.

Once in it was packed and roasting. I luckily only had one photo shoot so started to queue for tickets for the Dr who talk. After an hour I gave up and thought I'd come back, I didn't spend all that money to get here to stay in a queue. I tried again later and had to give it up.

Getting in and out of the two buildings wasnt an issue although my stamp rubbed off four times.

The queue for the Sherlock talk was a shambles, no one know which queue to get in, everyone in the queues were brilliant but it needed staffing better, especially when as the queue is winding round I saw four crew on the games machines playing games while chaos is going on around them

The sound system in the super stage was dreadful. I missed most of the Sherlock talk as the system was echoing everything that was said and they had the same issue in the masquerade. Part of me is thankful I couldn't get those Dr who tickets!

It seemed that show masters over reached themselves and ended up being a victim of their own success. I'm sticking with the smaller ones from now on. Bring on Sheffield - just be more organised please

I've said it in other threads but for this very reason i really hope that SM start pre ticketing all of the free/popular talks. I don't think it's hard to work out that a lot of people were going to want to go to these 2 talks and if people had had to apply for tickets before the show a lot of this wouldn't have happened. OK you still have to queue to get in to the talk but only those with tickets would be in the area, you wouldn't have hundreds waiting in the hours before the talk starts hoping they may get in. They probably need to get some tensa barriers as well and set up some snaking queue lanes if it's possible.

I forgot to mention why the hell would you hand out VQ tickets going up to 800+? Its not possible for that in a single day.

Actually it is, but when it's that high it tends to be less of an experience for the customer.