Summer Glau most popular! Who saw that coming?

I thought she'd be popular but not as much as she proved to be. If I recall I think the board had 1-700 on it when I left on Saturday. I was lucky as I joined her queue on Saturday while she was in a photoshoot and although the pitboss didn't really seem to want to allow it, a few of us asked if we could wait even though it would be around 40mins. I had nothing much else to do and so was about the 3rd person to meet her. Very sweet and much more engaging and chatty than some people had lead me to believe she would be. Got some great quotes on the things I had signed too.

I had no intention of meeting her but a friend of mine asked me to get a photo signed for them so luckily I did manage to get to see her. I had an early bird ticket, got in about 9.30 and picked up a VQ ticket and JUST got in to see her about 5pm. She was very very nice indeed, more so than I expected. She left hand in hand with what must have been her boyfriend, the bearded guy stood at her signing table directing peopl.

Awesome for the people who got a chance to meet her, but unfortunately my husband did not have such a great experience.

Waited for the Sunday to try and get an autograph with her, so he could get his photo signed for the Saturday. We got to her VQ line for around 9:20am. He took a ticket and the number was up to 294 already.

We had no worries at this point that this would cause any issues, as on the Saturday, I took a VQ ticket for John Hurt at around 9:40am that was already in the 400's, but just after lunch I got to meet him :thumbup:

We kept checking every so often and by about 1:30pm, she had shot up to 250 even though her line was huge, so he was happy it was getting closer. Just before we headed over to Brompton hall, we went back at around 2:30pm to see how her queue was doing.

It said on her board that it had gone down to 215!! I thought this a bit strange as it was up to 250 before. I decided to check this with one of the crew members and to me disbelief, it had dropped back down to 1-25!!!!!

In the end, my husband gave up and decided it just wasn't going to happen. From what I have read, it seems as if her queue line was rather slow, as she was really taking her time to give her all to the person she was signing for, which is great for the people that got to meet her, but not so great for the ones whoo lost out!!

My respect goes out to her though for taking the time to make such a huge effort :thumbup:

Edited by Pod0509

• 2 weeks later...

I'm embaresssd to say that I've never seen Firefly, and looks like something id love!

And embarrassed you should be ! I can't believe you were wondering why Summer was so busy !

Hope you've got hold of the Firefly Box Set or watched it online now it's a great show.

Personally I think my favourite Summer character outside of Firefly / Serenity was actually as Orwell in the Cape, but she is great in everything she's in.

Edited by GoldenGreen

Summer was very popular. I saw someone who had a VT ticket that said 1122.

Yes, I got in at 11:30 on Saturday and got 1099. Then on Sunday I upgraded to early bird (Summer being one of the reasons) and got in at around 9:20, got No. 235 and got to see her around midday! Got a photoshoot too. I think if you're planning to go for someone really popular it's a good idea to get early bird.

I was so happy to finally meet Summer Glau, she was the only photo shoot I didn't buy online and she was sold out on the Saturday but luckily got one for the Sunday. Then I had to exchange my standard ticket to an early bird because I was just going on the Sunday for the Stan Lee talk because I got all my pictures on the Saturday. Wish I could of got her autograph but hopefully their will be a next time meeting her she was a amazing guest

She was so lovely and sweet. The Saturday was crazy busy, and I don't know about everybody else but my virtual ticket was 1,156, so I knew that was never going to happen (my fault for going to the desk late!), but I'd already had a photoshoot with her that day so was pretty happy with that. Then Sunday morning, made her my first priority, and got ticket 76 for an autograph. When I met her, she was so pleasant, complimented me on my Star Wars skirt I'd made and the art print I'd asked her to sign, then had a little chat about her travel plans and what I'd bought over the weekend. What a sweetheart! :wub:

Edited by xokimmi

She was so lovely and sweet. The Saturday was crazy busy, and I don't know about everybody else but my virtual ticket was 1,156, so I knew that was never going to happen (my fault for going to the desk late!), but I'd already had a photoshoot with her that day so was pretty happy with that. Then Sunday morning, made her my first priority, and got ticket 76 for an autograph. When I met her, she was so pleasant, complimented me on my Star Wars skirt I'd made and the art print I'd asked her to sign, then had a little chat about her travel plans and what I'd bought over the weekend. What a sweetheart! :wub:

Blimey, I can't believe they gave that many VQ tickets out. I'm sure they used to stop at 1000 a day.

Blimey, I can't believe they gave that many VQ tickets out. I'm sure they used to stop at 1000 a day.

No, they keep giving them out as some people don't bother turning up so the numbers can go high. Pretty rare any guest actually reaches those kind of numbers though and I kinda feel they should stop or it gives people false hope. Karen Gillan got to just over VT 1000 at her first LFCC I believe but she kept going through breaks, ate lunch at her desk and is a very fast signer. That was with 2 photoshoots and a talk. Manage to go open queue for about the last 10mins too. Just a constant stream of people.

Just completed a Firefly rewatch over last 3 nights. Criminal it didn't get more than one season. It just worked from the outset which few shows do and Summer was brilliant. So glad to have finally met her.

Edited by Rockstar6662