How about some positive comments?

Meeting Stan Lee was an incredible honour for me.

Also Dina Meyer and Capser Van Dien were some of the nicest guests I've met.

Three autographs and three awesome photos.

Those three made this event for me.

Meeting Terry Farrell was a real highlight for me,she is such a genuinely sweet & lovely lady,she is still very

pretty too,I'd never have thought she was 50 years old,according to her IMDB page :smile:

I went in for my photoshoot,we both put an arm around each other,had a wonderful photo,I said "Hello" & so did she,

& then she said she really liked my Ghostbusters: Ray Stantz t shirt I had on & I said thankyou & told her she looked lovely :smile:

I then went to get my photo signed & she personalised it "To Tom" & I said it was an honour to meet her & she said "thankyou,you too" :dance:

I also met Slavitza Jovan & Michael Ensign who were both very nice indeed too,also personalised my photos,Michael Ensign told me all

about his filming of his role in Ghostbusters & about his role in that episode of The A Team he was in,which I remembered from when I was

a kid,very nice & interesting man indeed,after I bought a signed photo from his desk,I said "Well,it's been a pleasure to meet you" & he said "And you too" then we shook hands,top man :clap:

Other highlights for me were of course seeing all the amazing cosplayers,Chewbacca,Freddy Krueger,She Hulk,Eric Draven from The Crow & Tauriel from The Hobbit were awesome cosplayers,got some good photos,wearing one of the UK Ghostbusters' Proton Packs,so awesome & seeing the Transformers & Batmobiles was great too,by the time I got around to seeing the Batmobiles it was later in the day & I was on my own,but some crew members were more than happy to take a few photos of me with the cars,so thanks so much to them,had a great time despite the heat,I still managed to achieve all I set out to do,my plan worked well :thumbup:

Edited by TomW1983

I have only positive things to say. Yes, the sheer number if attendees overwhelmed the crew at times, but each one of them was friendly, informative and knew what they were doing. All of the guests were delightful, and I managed to get all my autographs and photoshoots.

• Like 1

Had a wonderful time meeting Bernard Cribbins. The stalls were gorgeous!! I picked up so many cards for businesses because I couldn't afford their stock. Everyone was really nice who we talked to...the stall owners, people in the queue, cosplayers.

We had a fab day!! :D

I forgot to add. Thank you to the blond chap in the red waistcoat who gave us the lowdown on what queue was what etc. when we were queuing for tickets.

Also to say the ladies running the cosplay masquerade did a super job even with due to communication error some of us ending up in wrong place. Once it was known it was all sorted out quickly and after that it all when smoothly.

Big thumbs up to all the cosplayers I met they were all so friendly.

One of the undoubted highlights, one of the greatest things I've ever seen at a SM event, was related to a guest [i'll spare the name at this point] insisting on taking pictures with attendees over the table.

When the crew member strongly objected to this, and started verbally and physically attempting to interject in the taking of the photo, the guest told the crew in no uncertain terms to back off and repeated loudly, "I WILL DO THIS". The guest made it absolutely clear to customers, that he was blatantly not happy with SM' policy of trying to restrict over-the-table photographs.

I've heard other guests make similar statements in the past, but none so forcefully as today. Absolutely brilliant. Made my day!

I want to know who this guest was! Or even just their initials!

• Like 1

Did a truckload of queueing (even with the Gold Pass) so my feet are utterly killing me, but oh, what lovely encounters I had today. Everyone was fab without exception, although special mentions have to go to Edward James Olmos for the hug he demanded in the photoshoot and the most amusing photoshoot with Carrie Fisher and her dog, hee. Stan Lee was amazing getting all those photos done and TJ Thyne went above and beyond in his efforts to give a personal experience to each and every attendee (even after the show had closed he was still personalizing, hugging and posing for photos) - it took AGES to get his autograph but what a fantastic final memory to take away!

Mahoosive props to the crew as always - it was a nuthouse at times, but they gave it their all under very trying circumstances. :)

After reading the Saturday write up I was getting nervous about today but either the days were like chalk and cheese or SM really upped their game today as I thought most of it was good to excellent.

I was in the early bird queue (bought my ticket online in advance) at 8.30am, doors opened at 9am and I was inside by 9.15am. I can't fault that.

I had photoshoots with Stan Lee, George Romero and Carrie Fisher. Stan was a long wait and a 'conveyor belt' affair but I understand why and I did get to spend a few moments stood alongside the great man. George was a gentleman and Carrie was a hoot. There was a fair amount of waiting around so I took the chance to talk to others who were in the same position me. Virtually all were happy to chat and the two lads alongside me from Scotland waiting for the Stan Lee photoshoot were a great laugh.

I also got an autograph from Robert Hays ( who was very friendly) and Ian McDiarmid who whilst rather 'formal' with the fans, was great to see as I can't remember him signing in the UK at an event like this before.

I was chuffed to bits getting to meet the guests I did.

The crew/ stewards were excellent all day. I think I would single out Phil for a special award on the Stan Lee photoshoot as he did a great job managing a large number of people. A screen displaying numbers needing to join the queue might have helped him but for effort and composure I thought he did really well.

All in all I had a great day but I was absolutely knackered by the end.If I was forced to find fault I would say it was rather on warm side and it is a shame that if you need to sit down the floor is pretty much the only option.

I understand a number of issues were raised about Saturday by other attendees but as I wasn't there I can't pass comment. If SM run future events as well as they did today with such a great selection of guests I will be happy to keep attending.

Edited by Anorak

Great day all in all. Got there at 8:45 (Sun) with my prepaid EB ticket and my heart sank at how long the queue was and ended up back in EC1. When the doors opened, the queue flowed very fast and we were in by 9:25.

The photo shoots for Lena Headey and Summer Glau were handled superbly by the staff and I noticed they went out of their way to help out people with clashes.

Met some other amazing guests, all of which were very engaging but TJ Thyne must get a special mention being the nicest and most chatty guest I have met, he was just fantastic and everyone came away with a huge grin.

One thing I will also mention is what a great atmosphere all round. Everyone wad so friendly friendly and it was a very enjoyable but exhausting day.

Stan and George Romero were both brilliant. Even got an "atta gal" from Stan. YAY. lol. The cosplayers were awesome as usual. The vehicles were amazing this year, I've honestly never been so excited to see a truck, a police car and a couple of sporty cars.

Met some super awesome people through the day too. :) It wasn't all bad

I, like many, had some grummbles but on the whole I had an amazing time and cannot wait to do it all again.

Being able to get in early on Friday to meet Stan Lee and get an auto was a godsend. I had met him by 3 and it was such a relief to get the big one out of the way. If there had not been that extra signing there is no way I would have been able to see so many other people this weekend!

Loved Friday night. Met Milo Ventimglia first who was far beyond my expectations. He was so sweet and chatty and we had a really great picture taken together over the table which was amazing. I don't think the pro photoshoot would have come out that great so I was super pleased. He didn't mind getting close to people and letting people get close to him. (I might be a little smitten)

A huge thank you to the guy who took my picture with him. I don't know if I ever thanked you properly because I was so nervous/swoony but seriously from the bottom of my heart you rock. (I was the girl in the grey dress on her own.)

Then there was Jason Mewes who was signing AND taking pictures on the wrong side of the table. It was great to have nothing between him and me (not in a perv way) and it felt like more of an encounter because of it. From what I can tell he did that the whole weekend which is pretty awesome.

Saturday was a little crazy but I got to meet David Wenham and it was a pretty huge deal for me. I am a massive LOTR fan and to meet one of the actors from the movies is literally a dream come true. Next was Lena whom I loved then Summer who despite being beyond busy managed to have a chat with me and was super, super nice. She really loved what I had bought her to sign so I was even happier : )

The Stan Lee talk today was just amazing and I feel so privileged to have sat in a room with the guy and listen to him talk. It really was a highlight for me and the main reason I came to LFCC in the first place.

Other positive things were how friendly (most of) the other convention goers were. I talked to so many random and awesome people and it made being on my own less of a scary thing.

The volunteers/crew (especially today) were awesome. The guy running Lena Headeys last photoshoot was great and the people running the YALC were awesome. I queued up for 45 mins to see one author and 30 mins to see another before being told I wouldn't get to see them. The staff were so apologetic and openly admited that they were no texpecting nor were prepaired for such interest. One even promised that next year would be better and the same problems wouldn't apply so I must come back.

So plenty of positives! Yes there were issues but really I can't complain. I had a blast and it was something of a dream come true for me so thanks :clap:

Edited by Starbuck17

Did anyone else find the large empty room with a really nice strong breeze running through it? Nobody used it the whole day so it was just me and my girlfriend. We had our lunch in there too. Now I know where I'll be hanging out next convention. Also lead to a nice little area to smoke outside. My con weekend was awesome. Meet Stan (on Friday auto & photo), meet George on Sat & Tyler plus a load of others. Also went to ask question about my fast approaching photo shoot with David at the main doors (I was wayyyyy back in the queue) and the guy on the door just ushered me inside. Sweet luck of the devil! See you in the winter LFCC!

I for one had a fab weekend! Managed to get absolutely everything I wanted done:

Autographs and photo sessions with: Stan Lee, Carrie Fisher, John Hurt, Summer Glau, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, Juliet Landau, Issac Wright (joint shoot with Kristin, Milo Ventimiglia and Sibel Kekilli. As well as auto for Robert Knepper, tarnish photo shoot, An Audience with Stan Lee, 2xGoT talk and the BIG talk.

So all in all a great success in my books.

The guests were all absolutely fabulous! Especially the ones I met on Friday preview night who were more than happy to chat away and take over the table photos. It was a real treat. Highlight for me is Edward James Olmos though. What a gent! Taking his time writing personal messages on all his autos, massive hugs in the photo sessions and not to mention turning up for the BIG panel win early to shake hands with everyone there.

I also thought the crew did a good job. I think new crew need to spend a bit more time familiarising themselves with the rules etc, but with a bit of time they will be great!

Edited by Elspeth

TJ Thyne was one of the only positives for me he was so awesome, friendly and chatting and hugging everyone bless him even giving out little freebies 😃

The hot (attractive hot, not sweaty hot) Bane was also a positive, those arms 💪😉

Posted elsewhere but just to repeat:

I'd like to jump in on this and say that I also had a pretty good experience this weekend.

I booked tickets for Friday and early bird Saturday. Friday I arrived at 4.15pm, went over to Brompton Hall and asked one of the Red Shirts if Stan would be signing again that afternoon before his photoshoot. They were extremely helpful in letting me know that he would, and where I should queue. By virtue of this, I ended up being sixth in the queue on the regular side. Throughout the wait to get in, the volunteers were up and down the queue, checking on people and making sure everyone was in the right place.

When the doors opened at 6 we were straight in, up to the signing area and allocated a VT. Mine ended up being number 12. Within 5 minutes of getting my VT I was in the signing booth, having paid and lined up for my autograph. Stan arrived at about 6.30, and I was out of the booth and on my way into EC2 by 6.45.

I managed to get in quite easily with my stamp, and even after finding out Pedro Pascal and Natalie Dormer had cancelled, I was able to get into the ticket lines and down to the desk in about 20 minutes, able to pick two other guests for Saturday as replacements and get reasonably low numbers (33 & 99)

Managed to get around on Friday and get my only shoot for the evening with Jamie Bamber (awesome guest! Stopped to chat to everyone, and was very gracious after the photo was taken)

Success!

Saturday had it's problems. There is no denying that. Yes it was stiflingly hot, and manically busy. My friend and I arrived at 8.50am at Earl's Court tube and were directed around to the right of EC1 to find the end of the queue for pre booked tickets. By the time we found the actual end of the queue, it had reached the gates opposite West Brompton tube and started coming back on itself. We joined the end, and prepared for a bit of a wait. (Not as much as for those without tickets who were queued around the front of EC1 and all the way around the building to EC2)

The queue, despite its length moved reasonably quickly once the event opened and we found ourselves inside by 10.05. I was slightly peeved that I had missed the early shoots for Michael Biehn and Summer Glau, but as they had later shoots, I wasn't worried too much. Not making the shoots gave me a chance to browse through the stalls again and show my friend (whose first con this was) what it was all about.

We queued early for Stan Lee's photos at 12, got into the queue in good time, helped by the Blue Shirt with the glasses mentioned in another thread who was awesome, and got through to meet The Man and out by 12.45 on ticket number 253, so that was great.

Same deal for Summer's shoot at 2pm which was again dealt with really well, despite both being at Photo Booth A and having tens of people for the YALC talks walking through the photo queue (barriers?)

We left for lunch, with no problem leaving the building and getting stamped, and again no problems on our return getting in, although I did feel for the hordes still queuing down as far as the entrance to EC1 to get into the show.

Managed to get a good look at some dealers, bought some cool stuff, had a great chat with the guys form Pencil Pirates, James from Purple Monkey and the guys selling Cake in a Jar.

I had three photo shoots late on - TJ Thyne, Michael Biehn and Dina Meyer - who all started quite close. Luckily Michael and TJ were in D and F respectively, being the two closest together time wise, and the volunteers managed to get everyone through very smoothly, even in the absence of a formal queue for TJ's shoot - he was also an awesome guest and should definitely be invited back.

My dash through the thinning crowd to Dina's shoot at E wasn't too bad and being told the shoot was running late was actually a god send as it gave me time to 'cool' down before going in. She was lovely and even though the shoot ran past 6pm, she was extremely chipper and still found time to greet everyone and say thank you after. The volunteers here were also pretty good trying to make sure everyone got through when they were supposed to.

The GoT screening was good, special guest notwithstanding, and the queuing outside, although slightly chaotic, wasnt overly terrible and the guy running the line did his level best to keep everyone onside.

I won't say the day was perfect, but I can't complain about my experience overall, even though I couldn't get a phone signal for about a half hour at one point.

I will be coming back, and have already pre-booked my early bird ticket for WLFCC Saturday and two photoshoots.

Lessons to be learned? Sure. Let's see what happens at WLFCC.

Overall I did not have a particularly good experience this weekend.

But, as I've posted in another thread, all 4 of The Walking Dead guests I met were great. I got over the table photos with them all as they weren't very busy when I saw them. They were friendly and chatty and I was very glad to have met them.

The photos I had in Photo Area D on Friday and Saturday were excellent. I'm unfamiliar with that photographer, I don't think I've had him take my photo before at a previous event - he was great. Curtis Armstrong pulled me in for a hug unexpectedly at the last second and I was off balance when the photo was taken, the photographer noticed and took a second one which came out great. And the solo photos he took of me with Jamie Bamber and Edward James Olmos on Friday are excellent. Thank you photo guy!

I took a break from the crowds and heat in EC2 on Saturday afternoon to go over to Brompton Hall - no other reason for going over there, just word of mouth from other fans that it was quieter. It happened to be at the time of some cosplay event, when all the cosplayers come up on stage one at a time or in their group and pose (I'm sure others of you will know what I mean, the Cosplay Masquerade maybe?). Anyway, it was great. I sat there in the cool and watched loads of excellently dressed fans show off their outfits, props etc - some brilliant costumes and a lot of enthusiasm and general good cheer from them all - it was a welcome break from the madness of EC2 and it lifted my spirits for my final run of photoshoots that afternoon.

Overall I did not have a particularly good experience this weekend.

But, as I've posted in another thread, all 4 of The Walking Dead guests I met were great. I got over the table photos with them all as they weren't very busy when I saw them. They were friendly and chatty and I was very glad to have met them.

The photos I had in Photo Area D on Friday and Saturday were excellent. I'm unfamiliar with that photographer, I don't think I've had him take my photo before at a previous event - he was great. Curtis Armstrong pulled me in for a hug unexpectedly at the last second and I was off balance when the photo was taken, the photographer noticed and took a second one which came out great. And the solo photos he took of me with Jamie Bamber and Edward James Olmos on Friday are excellent. Thank you photo guy!

I took a break from the crowds and heat in EC2 on Saturday afternoon to go over to Brompton Hall - no other reason for going over there, just word of mouth from other fans that it was quieter. It happened to be at the time of some cosplay event, when all the cosplayers come up on stage one at a time or in their group and pose (I'm sure others of you will know what I mean, the Cosplay Masquerade maybe?). Anyway, it was great. I sat there in the cool and watched loads of excellently dressed fans show off their outfits, props etc - some brilliant costumes and a lot of enthusiasm and general good cheer from them all - it was a welcome break from the madness of EC2 and it lifted my spirits for my final run of photoshoots that afternoon.

I was one of those on the stage. Doing a very bad doctor who impression. lol! Did anyone get any photo's from the cosplay masquerade I'd love to see them?

More positive comments from me to add!

Need to thank the pit boss for TJ Thyne's queue for allowing us to be moved up the queue towards the front. My autistic son was absolutely shattered by this point and this meant no meltdown as it meant less of a waiting time!

TJ Thyne was an amazing guest! Never seen Bones in my life and I was meeting him as he did an episode of Charmed. My daughter is absolutely in love with him now as well after getting a big hug from him!

In the end, I got all my photos with no problems and a good bulk of the autos I wanted. The ones I didn't get were my choice not to in the end, nothing to do with queues or the guests themselves!

Me and my friend had a great time on all three days. We expected it to be very busy and warm so we planned our days with plenty of time in between things we wanted to do and had tickets for.

All the guest we met were nice and we had some great photos done. We met Adam Brown who was so so lovely and even wrote a little birthday message on a photo that I want to give to my sister as a birthday present 😊 As a big LOTR fans it was great finally meeting David Wenham and he also was lovely. The GoT cast members we met, Lena Headey, Finn Jones, Gethin Anthony, Jristian Nairn and Will Tudor were lovely and chatty and I even got a hug of Gethin in my photo shoot 😁

The volunteers and crew we spoke to were all very helpful and friendly and did their best to help out. We know that there were some issues, but that is to be expected at an event of that size and with last minute cancellations and additions. But we did not let it ruin our weekend and we will definitely come back again...and hopefully even in Cosplay 😊

I had a 99% Brilliant Time All the Guest I got Autos from and Had Photo shoots with, where Great. Casper and Dina where Crowd pleasers very entertaining in the double shoot (although the Photographer properly wouldn't agree :) ).

Thought the handing out of the Gold Passes in the Queue was Excellent, top marks for that.

Was slightly confused by the Photo Areas Running A,B,C,D,F and E being on the Opposite side of the Room ( not as shown on the Map posted on here) which would not been a issue, if not for the lack of Maps posted around the event, there are usually loads paired with the Time Tables but not this time.

Yes there was an issue with Summers line merging into Photo C's although a BS's did keep sorting it out. The people standing behind the seated area at what I believe was the Books talks making it hard to get to Photo A, and the Attendees that thought sitting on the floor between the Auto area and Photo A/back of the Hall was a good idea.

My opinion is that the line length with the autos happened because people got lower VT's say 100 - 200, but then due to perhaps trying to get other signatures or having Photo shoots, did not come back till later which by then the boards had gone up into the 300's due to the queues getting shorter, and legitimately joining the queues swelling its ranks.

Was slightly confused by the Photo Areas Running A,B,C,D,F and E being on the Opposite side of the Room ( not as shown on the Map posted on here) which would not been a issue, if not for the lack of Maps posted around the event, there are usually loads paired with the Time Tables but not this time.

Oh, now I don't feel so stupid...I thought it was me who was wrong as fought way to one side only to find the wrong letters and then having to shuffle back to the opposite side.

Edited by LadyDeTemps