How was Carrie Fisher ?

Carrie and I got on really well! She was so chatty to me and I gave her a present (a framed photo of her dog that said "Keep Calm and Love Gary"). She got very excited about this and stopped signing, got up and came and gave me a kiss! Not every day you say you've kissed Princess Leia. And then she remembered me in the photoshoot, took my hand and told me she'd be taking the present home with her. Loveliest woman ever! God bless Carrie Fisher! :)

That's absolutely brilliant! :) Have you got a photo of the present you gave her?

I've been wanting to meet Carrie- sorry- Princess Fisher for so long now, and last Saturday couldn't happen quickly enough, as some may know I was kind of predicting she was going to be announced (hence Ep7 being filmed more or less literally around the corner) and indeed when she was announced I had to choose to what to have her sign.

Could I afford to go with two Autographs? Considering I had already earmarked money to spend on Stan Lee I knew I could do this, and decided I wanted to spend my money on something rather special and found this truly luscious picture of Carrie as Leia in a Gold Bikini (HUGE kudos to a good Friend for helping me with this) I then sent the order to photobox and due to the resolution of said pic I could get it blown up to the largest size photobox do- yes, I could have gone for a 10x8 but opted for something a bit- larger? The poster turned up and happy I was with it, a few Friends were a bit worried that I'd be presenting her with a pic of her in the Gold Bikini to which my opinion was- "How could she not sign it?" (I knew best) this was partly going from interviews she's done and how she comes across- i.e. her great sense of humour.

Anyways, on Saturday I got to Car- Princess Fishers bunker and got chatting to the very lovely Vicky from this here forum and we kept each other company waiting for Princess Fisher to turn up. At that time of the morning we were very pleased to see another nice young lady coming round and taking down our names so that Carrie would personalise, it was also nice to see no "No cameras" signs up as well.

Then Princess Fisher turned up and I made my way to her table complete with my Star Wars bluray and out came the poster, even two of the people she was with (am not sure if they were her manager) but don't think they were SM staff :) Anyways even they seemed rather impressed with my poster. I then got to meet Princess Fisher, she signed Star Wars Bluray and then it came down to the poster... Would she write down the line I wanted her to put?

Originally (many thanks Chris) it was going to be the infamous "Nerf herder" line, but a day before I thought it would be more special if she put THAT line from Empire so I kindly asked:

"Could you put "I Love You"" her response was terrific!!!!" (P.S. It was nice to get eye contact as well, the interaction SERIOUASLY made this Royal moment what it was)

IMG_0372_zpsf7216d3a.jpg

She spent quite a bit of time on it was well, and not only put "I Love You" but- BUT!!!! "Love to Richard"

and I am SO MADE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

After I'd left her table with my hands full I went to go down that small alleyway- only to be nicely told to wait where I was- and in the opposite direction was fellow acting Royalty, none other than Mr. John Hurt, we exchanged "Morning." pleasantries and I was quite made up by this exchange with him. Afterwards my Friend and I made our way to Princess Fishers photoshoot and she was so lovely and delightful, even now remembering her arm go around my waist? WOW! If someone had told me- heck even two months ago let alone when I was a little kid watching A New Hope/Empire/Jedi that the very gorgeous Princess Leia would have her arm around me? I wouldn't have believed them, anwyays after we had our pic taken I shook her hand and she was lovely.

Princess Fisher- by far one of THE best if not up there as one of the TOP FIVE Guest Experiences I've ever had. :)

Edited by KingRichard76
  • Like 2

at 11:00am we heard an almighty crash from Ian's signing bunker, apparently someone had dropped their darth vader statue and it had broken after he had gotten it signed...no luck mate, we were all gutted for you in carrier's bunker i can tell you.

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious. That's like having George Takei sign a Captian Kirk statue then having it shatter, or Mark Hamill sign a Death Star model and then suddenly it explodes. OF COURSE having the Emperor sign anything Anakin-related is going to make it break instantly :D

it was here that the signing took a small twist; i dont know who the american man was that was with her wearing the black t-shirt and glasses but carrie fisher was sitting next to him as he stood looking our choice of pictures but he simply said "she wont be doing personalisation".

she...? she...? who is she, the cat's mother? if that was her manager or assistant he certainly didnt have much respect for Ms fisher to talk about his employer in the third person in such a rude manner.

Maybe he just wasn't over two hundred years old, like that particularly archaic, banal and sexist 18th century saying you just mindlessly parroted out of context? -_-

Carrie and I got on really well! She was so chatty to me and I gave her a present (a framed photo of her dog that said "Keep Calm and Love Gary"). She got very excited about this and stopped signing, got up and came and gave me a kiss! Not every day you say you've kissed Princess Leia. And then she remembered me in the photoshoot, took my hand and told me she'd be taking the present home with her. Loveliest woman ever! God bless Carrie Fisher! :)

That was on her desk when I went up on Sunday afternoon - made me chuckle! Excellent idea for a present!

Carrie is very much her own person, if she wants a break then she will have a break, if she wants her dog in the photos then that's what happens. Carrie is very aware that she is Princess Leia and therefore can act how she wants. A lot of the diva act is just that - an act to see what she can get away with! I thought the photo shoots on the Sunday were great, dog, leia and customer (I'm in a headlock and saw others doing same).

She is definately......unique :-)

• Like 2

I talked with some fans that were late on Sunday and they were not impressed that she left early.

so she did leave early again on sunday as well...does anyone actually know what times she was supposed to be there... she was supposed to do a morning photoshoot on both days and failed to make those as well. michael behein was also late arriving on saturday and we were told they were stuck in traffic...i guess this was more miss-information yet again by showmasters.

as for the photoshoot on sunday afternoon it went well but i would have preferred it withouth carrie's furbaby.

I talked with some fans that were late on Sunday and they were not impressed that she left early.

as for the photoshoot on sunday afternoon it went well but i would have preferred it withouth carrie's furbaby.

Zoom and crop!

Carrie is very much her own person, if she wants a break then she will have a break, if she wants her dog in the photos then that's what happens. Carrie is very aware that she is Princess Leia and therefore can act how she wants. A lot of the diva act is just that - an act to see what she can get away with! I thought the photo shoots on the Sunday were great, dog, leia and customer (I'm in a headlock and saw others doing same).

She is definately......unique :-)

I agree with what dazzlerjames said. I love Carrie's books and watching her interviews. She comes across as intelligent, warm and witty and I like that she makes her own choices. She seemed to enjoy having Gary with her and choosing as to whether or not she wanted to personalise. Really enjoyed meeting her Saturday. Feel lucky to have had that experience. A true legend :)

• Like 2

Always regretted not meeting her at Collectormania 6 but just couldn't afford it. Was not going to miss the chance this time and ended up with something far better than I would have got before anyway. She certainly has her own way of doing things but I had a great interaction with her both at the signing and in the photoshoot.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I was on the fence as to whether to pay for her or not, but decided I may never get another chance after this so went for it.

Was very happy that she was so pleasant, if a little eccentric, and certainly a memorable meet for me. And of course she's one of the most important people in cinematic history so you can't argue with that!

• Like 2

I was on the fence as to whether to pay for her or not, but decided I may never get another chance after this so went for it.

Was very happy that she was so pleasant, if a little eccentric, and certainly a memorable meet for me. And of course she's one of the most important people in cinematic history so you can't argue with that!

David, given the amount of hours you spend supporting and being an ambassador for Showmasters both on here and Twitter, you shouldn't have to pay for anything!

during the the photo-shooting she was great. I haven't expected it but she did put her arms around me. I usually never smile on the pics (I looks always melancholic or serious) but it overcame me and I have a big "natural" smile.

But during signing... ok.. i understand it that she had been tired to sign lot of autographs - I have tried to ask her about how the condition of her Mother (you know: Debbie Reynolds from "Singing in the rain").. Carrie acted a bit grumpy: Im not my mother.. Im Carrie...

Oh well... I did feel a bit bad to upset her. :whistling: Maybe it was terrible english...lol, I don't know.

But sometime Im surprised how cool any of those actors can be like Milo, Jamie Bamber, David Hewlett and Casper Van Dien who really had been great during signing AND photo shooting.