Entrance Policy

Excuse me for being rude, but I'd just left the venue with my misses for some fresh air, and they've stopped letting people back in. Lucky we're helping on a stall or we wouldn't have been allowed back in. Why sell that many tickets knowing that tonnes will turn up on the day and overfill the venue?

Ta,

Che-Snake

• Like 1

This is turning into something of a joke.

I will often nip out of LFCC in the afternoon, to get some fresh air, go get a bite to eat, have a sit down etc. and it is good to do this because crowds can often be overwhelming hour after hour, plus my breaks can often coincide nicely with the guests I want to see having their lunch breaks/photo shoots I'm not attending, or whilst I'm waiting for a shoot much later in the day.

...but now if I dare leave the building I may not be able to get back in to actually finish my day (do what I tavelled hundreds of miles for many hours to do). Meaning if I stay in the building all day (when I don't even want to) I'm also not giving the people outside a chance to get in

This sounds a right shambles and if complaints are pouring in this early, I dread to see the backlash once the weekend is over.

Its all very well and good saying it will be the biggest and the best event ever but that doesn't mean anything if so many people cannot experience it, and means even less if people cannot enjoy it.

If queues could be sorted out to be quicker/more people on queue desks people could get what they wanted done more quickly and people wouldn't need to hang about all day!

• Like 3

They aren't letting people back in? this is stupid. i have gone for a break from the heat and crowds before my shoot later today, i better get back in considering i still have autographs i want. I paid for early bird if im only getting half a day i want my money back they didnt say when we walked out that we wouldnt be allowed back in and yesterday they had proper stamps saying london film and comic con today its a red rectangle.

Edited by JayJay
  • Like 1

I went down specifically for the Sherlock panel, I knew it was going to be a stroke of luck to get into the talk even with 2000 seats but by 12.45 I hadn't even got halfway down the queue to buy a ticket to get in so I left. I appreciate that they can't predict how busy on the day tickets are going to be but I thought today was ridiculous. Yes I could have gotten there earlier (although I don't think I'd have gotten in anyway) but I was very disappointed.

Quote of the day, by a member of staff: "If you get here later than 9:00am, there is no point in queing."

I am outraged at the entry policy. Yes, in an ideal world, it's better to get the earlybird tickets, but the entrance policy today was an absolute disgrace.

A "one in one out" policy assumes nobody wants to get fresh air, a bite to eat etc. Combine that with ridiculous que lengths and no member of staff warning people that the tickets had sold out, I was very dissapointed to say the least.

From what I heard (refused to wait after queing for over 4 hours) inside was absolutly packed too. A better system is needed, today was a joke.

• Like 2

I have standard entry for tomorrow too so hope I get

ohh this dont sound good for me! i have a pre booked standard entry but only going for stan lee but wont arrive till after 11am I hope i can get in as already pre booked my stan lee Photo op!

I have standard entry for tomorrow too and photo with Robert knepper at 12 so hope I get in on time

• Like 1

Me and my friend joined the queue at 9:20 - we hadn't pre-booked tickets as every other time I've been, I've arrived at 11 for standard entry and walked right in. We queued for four and a half hours before giving up when we were finally told the situation by some staff.

They'd sent only 2 girls out to tell the whole queue that the doors were closed as it was at capacity - I pity them, there were hundreds (thousands?) of people behind us. We got no information all day, drank all the water we had with us and were stuck out on the concrete in the sun with no where to go. We would have been better if we had gotten a little info.

We finally gave up because I realised there was NO WAY I was going to get to see Carrie Fisher and Summer Glau as I knew they would be popular. (PLEASE get them back Showmasters!)

All we have to show is sunburn, sweaty costumes (Kaylee Frye and the Black Widow - so you can imagine how hot my friend was!) and suspected sunstroke.

Thinking about coming tomorrow...but that's another £15 train ticket and the earliest we could arrive is 8...and I don't want to come and not enjoy it because I spend another 3 hours queueing and then can't see people and can't look at anything. Really don't know what to do right now. Very disappointed.

• Like 1

Excuse me for being rude, but I'd just left the venue with my misses for some fresh air, and they've stopped letting people back in. Lucky we're helping on a stall or we wouldn't have been allowed back in. Why sell that many tickets knowing that tonnes will turn up on the day and overfill the venue?

Ta,

Che-Snake

greed

• Like 2

Me and my friend joined the queue at 9:20 - we hadn't pre-booked tickets as every other time I've been, I've arrived at 11 for standard entry and walked right in. We queued for four and a half hours before giving up when we were finally told the situation by some staff.

They'd sent only 2 girls out to tell the whole queue that the doors were closed as it was at capacity - I pity them, there were hundreds (thousands?) of people behind us. We got no information all day, drank all the water we had with us and were stuck out on the concrete in the sun with no where to go. We would have been better if we had gotten a little info.

We finally gave up because I realised there was NO WAY I was going to get to see Carrie Fisher and Summer Glau as I knew they would be popular. (PLEASE get them back Showmasters!)

All we have to show is sunburn, sweaty costumes (Kaylee Frye and the Black Widow - so you can imagine how hot my friend was!) and suspected sunstroke.

Thinking about coming tomorrow...but that's another £15 train ticket and the earliest we could arrive is 8...and I don't want to come and not enjoy it because I spend another 3 hours queueing and then can't see people and can't look at anything. Really don't know what to do right now. Very disappointed.

I couldnt go today :( But going tomoz i have my pre booked standard ticket and my Stan lee Photo pre booked and after reading everything on here im worried.... i wont be bale to get there till just gone 11 and aiming to line up for stan lee Auto ticket..... but no idea when my photo with him will be im guessing as im 996 i'll be in the last session .. Realy hope i can get his auto.

Im in the same position have a fair way to travel and dont want to arrive to be told i cant get his auto and with what has been happening to photo shoots to then be told no more time for photos then it would of been a wasted journey and waste of my money :/

Edited by sarah2211

I've decided that in light of everything (including how rough we both now feel from all day in the sun) to bail on tomorrow. It's too risky to travel all that way - Sunday train times would mean a 5am start - without tickets. I've never not been able to get in before, so didn't think about it! Reading on here about how rammed it was inside is extremely off putting too!

Shame as it spoilt my friend's first con :-(

I've been to LFCC four times now, and I don't think I've ever seen an autograph queue as long as Summer Glau's.

• Like 2

I managed to go out and in without any hassle, but this was because everytime I re-entered the venue, NO-ONE was checking hand stamps. I feel sorry for all the hundreds of people who were queuing to buy tickets on the day - all they needed to do was walk around to the other entrance and just walk in unchallenged! The whole system was beyond a joke, the venue was so crowded you couldn't do anything once you got in there! It was just one big congested bottlenecked horde of standstill people in the merchandise areas, a massive mess of confused queuing for VT guests at the back, the place was like 100 degrees and an absolute nightmare to navigate. Why were they still letting people in?? People were still queuing to buy tickets at 5pm!!! Surely a cut-off limit on tickets should be enforced! Let's hope no-one sets off the fire alarms tomorrow!!

I had a gold pass so used the gold pass entrance in morning. I was instructed to go to the ticket booth to get my pass (wrong) so I joined the que at the ticket booth. There were 2 people behind me who were talking, "see I told you there was no point in pre ordering tickets, much quicker this way" and this was at 9pm with nearly all the early bird still outside.

Wtf happened?