Hygiene ( or lack of)

I managed to sweat buckets despite wearing deodorant! Made me feel so icky and horrible.

Me too. Despite shower, antiperspirant and deoderant (with top ups through the day) I was still sweating so much on saturday I was afraid to take jacket off for fear of smell & sweat patches.

It was like being in a episode of death in paradise.

Edited by LadyDeTemps

I managed to sweat buckets despite wearing deodorant! Made me feel so icky and horrible.

Me too. Despite shower, antiperspirant and deoderant (with top ups through the day) I was still sweating so much on saturday I was afraid to take jacket off for fear of smell & sweat patches.

It was like being in a episode of death in paradise.

I had a nice long shower that morning and had to shower AGAIN as soon as I got in! It was awful, thankfully no one seemed to think I smelled (I have very honest friends who would tell me) but still, being soaked with sweat is never a nice feeling.

They have these new super strengh deodorants that are made for sport/work/events where it is hot and you need a little extra something to keep everything else under control. They can be bought in Boots, Superdrug, any shop like that and are made by brands like sure and Dove. Yes they are expensive but on a day like Saturday needed.

I agree - Deodorant is not a crime people, how you expect the guests to want to touch you when you stink is beyond me not to mention it's cheap especially if you're spending all day in spandex or leather and sweating like a demon it is most definitely needed!! It was very ripe in there lol

It was so HOT!! I couldn't cope and kept having to try get air outside. I don't think I've ever been so hot in my life, kept reapplying deodorant though, think half my can went!! :lol: but what do you expect? thousands of people in a tight squeeze with little air con. I think I smelt poo at one point too, I felt sick!

I must admit I had a problem with sweating. I am a very hygenic and clean person. I always shower every day and wear deodorant. I always wash my hands after going to the toilet and wear fresh clothes.

However, even after going to the toilet and drying myself with a towel and changing my t-shirt 4 times and putting on a fresh one each time I still sweat and I didn't like it. I didn't smell or anything just had a damp t-shirt which didn't feel nice at all.

Glad someone has finally mentioned this. Yes the situation was made much worse because of the volume of people and the lack of air con but some people unfortunately take no pride in themselves and have no consideration for others around them. Perhaps a concession stand could be set up selling deodorant cans, anti bac, hand cleanser and such.

Edited by Mark - Last of the Time Lords
  • Like 1

Could they not put a barrier around one of the other doors (one easily removed in the event of a fire, but staffed so people don't jump it) so that people could get some fresh air and walk back in without the need for a stamp and having to chance not being able to get back in again?

• Like 1

It's always nice when Sharni Vinson thanked me for smelling nice...because 'is was a rarity' her words.....

I liked the compliment though! Carried around refresh wipes, mini antiperspirant and body spray and 'fresh up' up every few hours!

People not washing their hands after the loo is gross and something which they can easily fix. But it isn't really fair to complain about people sweating, there was a problem with the aircon, the buildings were packed and it was a really hot day. I was wearing deoderant and kept using body spray but it was just too warm. It isn't that people were too lazy to use deoderant or something and I am pretty sure we were all self-conscious enough about it on the day without people complaining about it.

• Like 2

I shower everyday, maybe even twice a day, which I did Saturday... at the start and end of the day. I never go a day without washing, and wash my hair very often also. It was just incredibly hot that day as everyone knows, and the fact there was no air inside to clear what was in there just didn't help. It doesn't mean we're all unhygenic though, everyone was in the same situation, hot, sweaty, bothered, and even I feel incredibly self concious about it now... a day later.

For those who don't mind urine on they'd hands... sterile or not that is downright disgusting and us very poor hygiene indeed. I would rather cut my hand off than shake hands with a scrutter like that.

As for the sweating thing... I don't think anybody should be beating themselves up too badly. It's been a couple of very hot days weatherise, no air con in the hall, rising indoor temp and being active all day = environment likely to cause sweat.

Still even though I sweat today, I did NOT smell.

Shower the evening before getting into bed, clean clothes on, a decent antiperspirant/deodorant and I can promise I did not make anyone wince.

I agree with a previous poster in sharing the astonishment at some people who's hygiene is clearly so appalling that they reek when they meet their idols. There's really no need for it.

i carry wet whipes, my friends make fun of it i dont its worth it hands feel fresh, you can rest easy and shake my hand. oh and handline autographs with clean hands is a must, go on leave traces of urine on them pictures see what happens later.

Is there a better place to go to dry yourself and put on a fresh t-shirt rather than the venue toilets?

Like I posted earlier I went to the toilets 4 times to dry myself with a towel and put on a fresh t-shirt but I had to queue for ages to get a cubicle.

Are there any places outside the venue, within roughly a ten minute walk? I think I walked past a small McDonalds but don't remember where it was or if it would have a toilet. I would have to have bought a burger or something but that would be preferable to waiting ages in a queue inside Earl's court lol