Hygiene ( or lack of)

The number of guys that I saw exiting the toilets without washing their hands was disgusting, you're meeting guests, poss using games controllers etc. My friend said he saw similar.

WASH YOUR HANDS. General hygiene applies. Thank you

• Like 3

My husband said he only noticed one really smelly one....but we were there only an hour tops..:P

I am NEVER without anti-bac wash...and ALWAYS USE before putting hands near your mouth....

Still came home and fumigated myself though...1 hour is still enough to catch Con Crud from dirty people

I agree with the deoderant thing and have said that people need to sort their hygeine out on the forum before. Unfortunatey it is in the nature of some 'fans' to be smelly. Sorry that is not a PC comment, but it is true im afraid.

As for hand washing coming from toilet it depends what you have been doing in there. Urine is normally sterile and is drunk by many people with no ill effects so having some on your hands isn't an issue. Sometimes I think touching the taps in some toilets is actually less hygenic than just leaving so thats what I do at these events whne the toilets have been trashed.

• Like 1

And deodorant people, it's not expensive!

Yes, it was particularly grim-smelling in there today... Ergh...

glad it wasnt only me that noticed, I made a few comments about the lynx effect but it wasnt taken on board

100% agree on this! Come on people I know it's hot but have a bit of pride in yourself. I'm never without a can of deodorant and it came in VERY handy today. I had a spare t-shirt with me just in case as well today. Shame a few others didn't do this as well. :no:

• Like 1

Urine is normally sterile .

No it isn't - see here

Yeah cos the internet is a great source or reliable, reasoned, peer-reviewed evidence.

Well if you've got a subscription to the Journal of Clinical Microbiology you can go and check out the original paper and reaction, but I think you'll find that a lot of respected scientific websites have reported on it too.

i allways wash my hands but when thousends are going through the toilets each hour as soon as you touch the door handles, or dryer on/off buttons or anything in that area they are going to be contaminated. for the first time in my life i saw men queuing to get to urinals , wash basins and cubicles. now we know how what ladies have to put up with at most venues.

lets face it Earls Court is an outdated hole of a place and the facilites are poor and certainly can't cope with the numbers we saw yesterday.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 1

Had I visited during the day only as opposed to staying over the night before after a concert - I wouldn't have had deodorant with me. I knew it was going to be busy but I never thought it to be THAT busy and the fact there seemed to be very little air-con in there. It was such an uncomfortable few hours and - yes - I did have to give myself a freshen up about twice in that time. Thankfully once for my own piece of mind as I did two of my three photos in the morning when I was okay and cool and the next just before meeting Lena. Had I gone in without the ability to freshen myself up - I would have been mortified!

Same can't be said for the guy in front of me. He STANK and - as a result his picture was of two people standing next to each other. My picture? Yep - having a bit of a cuddle. Lynx Effect really does exist.

i allways wash my hands but when thousends are going through the toilets each hour as soon as you touch the door handles, or dryer on/off buttons or anything in that area they are going to be contaminated. for the first time in my life i saw men queuing to get to urinals , wash basins and cubicles. now we know how what ladies have to put up with at most venues.

lets face it Earls Court is an outdated hole of a place and the facilites are poor and certainly can't cope with the numbers we saw yesterday.

Yes, this is why I buy packs of the Tea Tree anti-bac wipes in Boots Travel Section...can be used for wiping down seats, handles, hands, knives forks and anything else that is going near the mouth or face...

Next time we could always try those surgical masks the Japanese tourists are fond of wearing...:)

• Like 1

I think the deodorant thing was a catch 22. We took deodorant but often felt too crowded to want to spray it (and a bunch of people in the process) so we had to choose when to do it.

The place was just TOO packed and was way too hot without air-con, I never normally sweat and I was soaked. We walked back to the car and changed half way through the day and went back only to get absolutely gross with sweat shortly after entering.

I didn't wash my hands after going to the bathroom. No, I'm not gross, actually not physically washing my hands was the most hygenic option.

I carry antibacterial hand gel everywhere. Not only handy for cleaning hands but also wiping down loo seats and handles.

Normally I wash my hands, dry them and then apply the hand gel if the place I'm at is being frequented by many. However if you cannot properly dry your hands then leaving with them damp in that heat will generate more bacteria than if you hadn't washed them. They had rapidly ran out of paper towels in the ladies and there was no way in hell I was turning on a hot hand drier in that place yesterday lol.

So, while many you observed were most likely just being gross, I'd hate to think people saw me look over the sinks, avoid them and think from that that I was being unhygenic

HA. I couldn't care less if urine is sterile or not - I wouldn't want to be shaking someones hand, or have someones arm around me if that's the case. Gross man. BUT - I do agree that even the taps/door handles could be even worse.

Ugh.

Edited by AxelV