Early bird LOL

One suggestion I have is that event personnel stand with over the head signs at the gates indicating where the end of the pay on day queue is, or where the ticket holders should go, something easy and quick to identify - as the queue was so long it wasn't clear where the end was or even if it was the right queue. Also I thought it was really hard to find any staff to ask - there where venue guys around but one of the few volunteers I saw was only identified as such by an arm band saying 'volunteer', very easy to miss - the staff should be more identifiable in my opinion.

Got here around 7am and was in the line of people along the front of ec2 got in around 9.05 got my vt for john hurt when i eventually found the smaller queue that was dishing out the tickets for him rather than the longer queue actually FOR him. But yes health and safety would have a field day today. God knows what tomorrow is going to be like. After all this time it still baffles me why people only turn up at say 8.55 knowing the doors open at nine yet they think they can turn up at 8.59 and think they will be able to just walk in..

Left after queuing for 4 hours (arrived at 9.20) as queue wasn't moving and we were frying!! No information was forthcoming - not seen anything like it in 5 years of coming to LFCC :-( I tried to book tickets online and the Worldpay bit said my payment was duplicated and then the system jammed. In fact no payment had been taken and we missed the deadline :-( Will not go without a ticket again although the ticket holders seemed to have trouble getting in as well!

My son only wanted to meet the author Derek Landy cos he loves the Skullduggery Pleasant books and we wanted to browse the stalls and look at all the cosplayers. Very disappointed :-(

Will try and get to the winter con instead - with pre-paid tickets of course.

• Like 1

Left after queuing for 4 hours (arrived at 9.20) as queue wasn't moving and we were frying!! No information was forthcoming - not seen anything like it in 5 years of coming to LFCC :-( I tried to book tickets online and the Worldpay bit said my payment was duplicated and then the system jammed. In fact no payment had been taken and we missed the deadline :-( Will not go without a ticket again although the ticket holders seemed to have trouble getting in as well!

My son only wanted to meet the author Derek Landy cos he loves the Skullduggery Pleasant books and we wanted to browse the stalls and look at all the cosplayers. Very disappointed :-(

Will try and get to the winter con instead - with pre-paid tickets of course.

Snap! We arrived about the same time and waited 4 and a half hours in the same situation. Never seen it like this before.

Definitely prebuying tickets for Winter con.

• Like 1

Chaos outside, no one knows what queue to be in. Told to join one queue and then told told to join another.

I got there before 8am, joined the queue and got in pretty quick. It was well sign posted which queue was which...

Chaos outside, no one knows what queue to be in. Told to join one queue and then told told to join another.

I got there before 8am, joined the queue and got in pretty quick. It was well sign posted which queue was which...

After reading others stories I take back everything. Our problems were small fry.

Arrived around 8am & joined the massive Early Bird line. Had no problems with folk skipping or making a fuss.

Got in roughly 9.15-9.20. Grabbed all my VT's. I left just before 6pm having got everything done.

The photoshoots could have been better organised. Too many folk just walking in between lines & many blatantly knowing they were in the wrong.

Other than that the crew did very well imo.

Got here around 7am and was in the line of people along the front of ec2 got in around 9.05 got my vt for john hurt when i eventually found the smaller queue that was dishing out the tickets for him rather than the longer queue actually FOR him. But yes health and safety would have a field day today. God knows what tomorrow is going to be like. After all this time it still baffles me why people only turn up at say 8.55 knowing the doors open at nine yet they think they can turn up at 8.59 and think they will be able to just walk in..

I arrived at 7.30am and I think got in roughly the same time as you :o although where we were queuing was where all the guests walked past to get in xD

In the queue now. Quite long for prepaid but no longer than usual. But getting long now. When I got here at 0730 the buy on day queue was very short. Kinda think those there at same time May get in before me! Lol. Will see what it's like inside today...

biggest problem is Earls court own staff, they seem to have no clue what SM staff are saying or needing. Because they were swamped with people outside yesterday the attitude of Earls Court staff seemed to be 'i don't need this hassle' and people were just fobbed off to find their own way around the problems. i did over hear one blue shirt SM staff member outside the entrance ask a red shirt guy for more help outside . nobody was checking the lines. Early bird ticket holders were mixed in with those not due in until later and others had no tickets at all. some signs explaining each queue were up on the building but when you've got people standing in front of them and staff not keeping them clear they become useless to anyone arriving.

biggest problem is Earls court own staff, they seem to have no clue what SM staff are saying or needing. Because they were swamped with people outside yesterday the attitude of Earls Court staff seemed to be 'i don't need this hassle' and people were just fobbed off to find their own way around the problems. i did over hear one blue shirt SM staff member outside the entrance ask a red shirt guy for more help outside . nobody was checking the lines. Early bird ticket holders were mixed in with those not due in until later and others had no tickets at all. some signs explaining each queue were up on the building but when you've got people standing in front of them and staff not keeping them clear they become useless to anyone arriving.

That's what happened yesterday

Well finally found the end of the raly bird q. Its so long they actaully ran out of building to Q round. First photo shoot missed already. Id ask a member of staff but I passed the last one half an hour ago and still wont get to the front of the Q

Well finally found the end of the raly bird q. Its so long they actaully ran out of building to Q round. First photo shoot missed already. Id ask a member of staff but I passed the last one half an hour ago and still wont get to the front of the Q

First photoshoot missed already? But it's only 9am now? How's that when it opens at 9am?

• Like 1

First photoshoot missed already? But it's only 9am now? How's that when it opens at 9am?

lol this

Well people asked what would happen if there was a fire and we're about to find out because that was a epic burn!!!