Queue!

San Diego Comic Con only allows pre sale tickets.

I believe this is what SM should look at doing based on what horror stories i am reading on here. Its ok talking about making it a massive event, biggest in europe, but there has to be some balance. 4.5hr queues, people being refused re-entry is not acceptable.

"Tell your friends"ect is what we are being asked each time by SM to promote the event, and i understand that SM have to pay big money to get these guests, but i honestly feel that on this occasion, money and profit has been put before the concern of the fans and the "experience" we are suppose to get from meeting our idols.

Word of mouth can make or break events like this, and i have a feeling that it will take sometime for SM reputation to recover and regain the trust and money a lot of cheated fans.

SM are not amatuers, been doing shows for long time, but if they want to be like SD Comic Con, i suggest they take a lot of leaves out of their book and learn how to run "on the day" a massive event. Todays experiences is not the way unfortunately :-(

Agreed and all this, and no comment from SM

Me and my cash staying at home tomorrow

One thing I would request is that they consider is that all free big talks be pre ticketed before the event- it would save a lot of hassle I think - they know how many seats will be available in each talk, do an online registry before the event, people who get a ticket can just bring a print out to gain entry. It means people don't have to stand around queuing before in the desperate hope that they get in and attendees would obviously know before hand whether they were going to get into the talk or not.

Then if a talk hasn't filled they could let people in nearer the start of the talk.

Sorry to keep posting but if I decide not to make the ridiculous long journey can I get refunded for my pre purchased photo op tickets?

Yeah usually they are only refundable if the guest has to cancel or the event itself doesn't run. However in light of this weekend rethinking might be required, if you have paid for events inside the venue but can't get in it's not your fault. Maybe they are going to have to limit numbers sold pre event and/or not do on the day tickets for the bigger events to ensure that everyone who has tickets can get in.

I have asked for information about refunds. I am sure there will be a statement coming tonight. Please give SM a little time - the event isn't even closed yet. And after that they need to make sure things go way better tomorrow.

Currently I'm the only one online as everybody else is working at the show and I don't have the authority to authorize refunds, sorry.

I have asked for information about refunds. I am sure there will be a statement coming tonight. Please give SM a little time - the event isn't even closed yet. And after that they need to make sure things go way better tomorrow.

Currently I'm the only one online as everybody else is working at the show and I don't have the authority to authorize refunds, sorry.

You are doing an awesome job btw..:D

• Like 1

Yes you're doing a great job and I feel for you, It's just a long journey with children. I don't want to throw more money getting there and parking to chase money I've could have already lost on tickets, outfits for the girls etc. I can tell you this though I won't be coming again even if I do get in tomorrow. I don't think It's worth the risk :(

• Like 1

You are doing an awesome job btw.. :D

Thanks - I'm trying what I can. Unfortunately I managed to limit myself earlier today... broken wrist. >< So if I am slow to reply to something it's because I'm typing left and I am right handed. I'm staying on cause I don't want anyone to feel ignored. Right now I can pretty much only say what's been forwarded for commenting anyway unfortunately.

Yes you're doing a great job and I feel for you, It's just a long journey with children. I don't want to throw more money getting there and parking to chase money I've could have already lost on tickets, outfits for the girls etc. I can tell you this though I won't be coming again even if I do get in tomorrow. I don't think It's worth the risk :(

Don't worry, it's absolutely okay you are asking. I totally understand. I just had someone yelling at me yesterday after they demanded I needed to change the policy and give them a refund. But this is seriously not something I can do.

Wow. Mental would be the word.

Compared to last year its at least twice as busy.

Its all well and good having the volunteers there but SM really need to look at getting proper queue managment in place. There were queues in every direction for everything.

I felt sorry for the people trying to buy on the day. There was still a queue for that at about 3.30 4pm.

SM needs to think about only doing pre sale tickets. No buy in the day and they need to look at what the capacity of the halls are as the looked to be at bursting point during the day.

• Like 1

The queuing was out of control, but I'm amazed that Showmasters were STILL SELLING tickets to people who were still queuing up at 5pm!! I recognised several people in the queue as I walked past a few times going between buildings, some of them must have been queuing for at least 4 hours, poor people. No organisation, no proper signage, I think the staff were ovewhelmed by the sheer numbers by the afternoon that they weren't even bothering to check tickets or my hand stamp. At 1pm I tried to get out of the unbearably hot overcrowded venue by one of the side exits only to be told that I couldn't because it lead to a 'VIP' area - HA! Well in actual fact it just simply led to the side of the building! What VIP area!!? I was standing there earlier and I was standing there again after I made my way through herds and herds of people bottlenecked at the main entrance. Note for tomorrow: LET PEOPLE OUT OF THE SIDE EXITS - it just leads to the side of the building where anyone can walk!

Joke.

• Like 1

Me & a group of six friends had early bird.. got in about 10.30am and we left about 4.45pm - there were still people queuing outside for pay on the day at that time ( I couldn't even count how many ) so it's been a very very very busy day inside & out

I would personally recommend for these events in the future all tickets are pre-sale only with a limit on the number of tickets ( and that number nowhere near the capacity of the building )

One of our group left midday to get some fresh air as it was so hot inside - she couldn't get back in as although had a hand stamp was then told it was 1 out / 1 in ... so she had to wait her turn to re-enter

Awesome meeting lovely guests , lovely of Stan to do the pre signing on Friday .. brilliant stalls and comic artists .. but an oversold event & badly co-ordinated for all those poor assistants helping out