Queue!

Wow..

Where to start? I joined the prebooked early bird queue about 8:15 and was inside about 9:20. Not bad at all. It was alright for the first few hours, but soon it became clear that there was way too many people wanting to participate. I love my convention hobby, but after returning to EC2 from the Jenna talk (which also had Steven Moffat in it so that was a plus) things were not looking good. I went to see the guests, but most of them weren't there (probably lunch) and then I made the decision to leave. I couldn't take it. Also, I was and still am upset about how so many fans are just sitting there and waiting in the middle of hall while there were so many people outside who were not let in.

Yes, I bet it's nice to say that "it's the biggest event in Europe", but this time SM took too big bite. The organizing isn't done professionally and I feel very bad towards those people who have been waiting hours outside and now they can't even enter. I think I will stick to Milton Keynes.

It seems there are people still queuing to get in ! Incredible ! :eek:

I would've given up long ago.

Looks like the people who have been queuing all day are those who didn't buy tickets in advance.

I've got a pre-paid early bird ticket so I'm going to switch to an earlier train tomorrow and hope for the best. Should be there by 8:30.

Looks like the Brompton hall has been less busy and air conditioned than the main one so fingers crossed !

Hopefully after the experience today they will have staff outside tomorrow marshaling the queues.

I have a comic silver pass which I picked up yesterday when it was quieter. I was able to get in straightaway when I turned up today - but I can say for sure without that pass I would not have bothered waiting. When I got to Summer Glau (which was about 11:15) she was signing 1-80 and they were giving out VQs up to 1200 - without my pass not a chance to meet her. Crazy numbers.

It was hard to breathe in there, impossible to look at the stands because of the sheer volume of people, and to be honest didn't make for a pleasant experience. I got the 4 autos I came for and left. I wish I didn't have to come back tomorrow, but it's the only day the Atlantis folks are there so I will brave it. I feel really bad for all the people who were queuing outside still when I left (around 1:30pm). At least the weather was nice I guess.

I really love these events but I think this will be the last LFCC I attend unless they put some sort of limit on attendees...

It was appalling..and very very scary in places inside that hall - not to mention unbearably hot and stuffy......I got one photo op with David Hewlett at 10.30m (and a BIG THANK YOU to the crew member who let me jump the "Early Bird" queue I'd been in for 45 mins so I wouldn't miss it btw) , shook hands with Robert Hays and thanked him for Airplane then got the Hell out of Dodge...I felt so sorry for those still queuing at 11.45 a.m....to hear that some are still waiting to get in my heart breaks for them......

I have a ticket for tomorrow.....I'm really not sure if it's worth it any more....:(

No, that wasn't directed at you. I had to remove a couple of posts from a newly made up account that had more swear words than I could count. One of your posts is gone because you quoted them. I didn't see you had typed something that end up in the quote. Sorry, typing one handed at the moment.

I'm going tomorrow. Got tickets. Worried it's not worth it now. What was the queue for Carrie Fisher like? I'm assuming you are lucky to get good numbers in the virtual queues then once you have one for one star by the time you get to another they are ridiglculously high?

Seems that showmasters sold more tickets than they could catre for. Shame really. Dreading tomorrow now. I have to come a long way. Been wanting to meet summer for years and Carrie but what are the chances I Will?

• Like 1

No, that wasn't directed at you. I had to remove a couple of posts from a newly made up account that had more swear words than I could count. One of your posts is gone because you quoted them. I didn't see you had typed something that end up in the quote. Sorry, typing one handed at the moment.

Phew!..I use that phrase all the time and was worried there.......and I'm not exaggerating btw to stir up trouble...near the entrance/exit and the pay area, with the queues of people walking both ways it was scarily claustraphobic and if someone stumbled they could have been crushed - imho.....that was a serious safety worry imho...

I'm going tomorrow. Got tickets. Worried it's not worth it now. What was the queue for Carrie Fisher like? I'm assuming you are lucky to get good numbers in the virtual queues then once you have one for one star by the time you get to another they are ridiglculously high?

Seems that showmasters sold more tickets than they could catre for. Shame really. Dreading tomorrow now. I have to come a long way. Been wanting to meet summer for years and Carrie but what are the chances I Will?

Im going tomoz with standard ticket and was thinking this myself..... Im only going coz of stan lee.... but i cant arrive till after 11am.... worried i wont get his auto and i already have his pre booked ticket for his photo but reading other posts i hear they are turning people away at other photos and asking them to attend a later one but if im right my photo op with Stan isnt untill 16:$5 which is the last op..... Slightly worried

Phew!..I use that phrase all the time and was worried there.......and I'm not exaggerating btw to stir up trouble...near the entrance/exit and the pay area, with the queues of people walking both ways it was scarily claustraphobic and if someone stumbled they could have been crushed - imho.....that was a serious safety worry imho...

Don't worry, you're perfectly fine. I had heard similar sayings from my friends in California before. Yours was a new one to me, but close enough to figure it out.

I'm not at the venue but there's been enough posts meanwhile that I am fully believing none of you is trying to stir up trouble. The problem was really the new account with the swear words only.

I think I posted it earlier somewhere, I have asked for someone who is actually at the venue to come on and post a statement. Please bear with me for a little there, the show is still running. I'm sure Jason or Mark will be on after closing and once they've talked to security about how to solve this for tomorrow.

this is starting to worry me now, I have a prepaid 'Stan Lee' ticket and 'Michael Madson' ticket but no entry ticket. Are you saying that even though I have these I might not get to see them? do I get a refund, I'm bringing my young children too, this is sounding scary.

this is starting to worry me now, I have a prepaid 'Stan Lee' ticket and 'Michael Madson' ticket but no entry ticket. Are you saying that even though I have these I might not get to see them? do I get a refund, I'm bringing my young children too, this is sounding scary.

If you don't have any sort of entry ticket sorted, you will need to get there REALLY early to have a chance of getting in. Sunday might be a little bit quieter, but to be honest I wouldn't risk it myself at all without a ticket. Get there a good 2-3hrs before it opens and queue for an early ticket and you should get in. Good luck!

From looking at previous posts even people that got there at 7 took like two hours to get in. As its not open till 11 tomorrow you might still have to be there at the same time to allow you to get a good spot in the queue

I have just left. Wow it was beyond crazy! I have the BEST time but there were some disappointments. I queued 45 minutes to get a book signed by Malorie Blackman queue only to be told she wouldn't have time to see me. Then queued 30 mins for Rainbow Rowe only to be told the same. I moved straight over to the Patrick Ness queue (who had just started signing) and asked the crew member if I had a chance of getting my book signed and was told it was unlikely. Managed to get one of the 7 books that I bought with me signed today. : (

Other than that it was alright. Saw Lena Headly and David W in good time. summer Glau was a bit crazy. I got a ticket for her auto at 9:30 this morning and was number 422! Got to see her in the end though and she was worth the wait.

It was (in my opinion) over crowded. There were sections by the stalls where you came to a complete stand still.

I left about half hour ago and there was still a massive queue to get in. Really feel for those guys.

San Diego Comic Con only allows pre sale tickets.

I believe this is what SM should look at doing based on what horror stories i am reading on here. Its ok talking about making it a massive event, biggest in europe, but there has to be some balance. 4.5hr queues, people being refused re-entry is not acceptable.

"Tell your friends"ect is what we are being asked each time by SM to promote the event, and i understand that SM have to pay big money to get these guests, but i honestly feel that on this occasion, money and profit has been put before the concern of the fans and the "experience" we are suppose to get from meeting our idols.

Word of mouth can make or break events like this, and i have a feeling that it will take sometime for SM reputation to recover and regain the trust and money a lot of cheated fans.

SM are not amatuers, been doing shows for long time, but if they want to be like SD Comic Con, i suggest they take a lot of leaves out of their book and learn how to run "on the day" a massive event. Todays experiences is not the way unfortunately :-(

• Like 1

On a similar note when I went to buy Call of Duty Ghosts they announced they were offering the chance to pre-buy it and then at midnight just walk up and take one shall we say.

Did this straight away as didnt want to queue for ages. As it turns out everyone else did the same and the queue for the pre bought one was huge and the non pre-bought turned out to be one lady who got it before we did.

So I'm thinking if everyone pre-buys the queue will still be huge as everyone will have tickets rather than not have them

Hmm I got £500 quid here to spend tomorrow think I will give it a miss.

Sounds to much like the Olympia. Debacle of a few years ago

So much for showmasters having it all under control

Even yesterday at pre event signing not one crew member on que just 2 at the door

Shambles and all this and no post or tweet from showmasters awful really